Desire To Live Godly

But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance,
     persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra--what persecutions I endured.  And out of them all the Lord delivered me.
     Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
                      2 Timothy 3:10-12

     This is an interesting passage - at first, I smile and thought ... the LORD delivered Paul and my problems aren't that bad.  Then I did some research to see how Paul had been treated poorly and kicked out; basically, he was unwelcome at many places when he traveled spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.
     I started thinking what Saul (Paul) had done to Christians and thought ... wait just a minute.  I love Paul and what he did for Jesus, but I can't keep thinking about Stephen and how graceful he was in death.  I hope I am not judging; I just want to understand. 
     Paul, after Jesus talked to him on the road to Damascus, became enlightened to the divine love of Jesus; he was forgiven, and he had persecuted Jesus!  Paul knew, from being on both sides of Christ, that to truly love Jesus one would be persecuted.  Wow, powerful stuff! 
     Just remember that the persecution doesn't last forever.  Satan worshipers are out there and getting bolder every day - they are not hiding it.  So the fight for Jesus Christ is renewed each day until the Second Coming.  The fight I am talking about is not a physical one, but as I am confronted with a difficult situation, I ask myself ... what would Jesus do?  And let Him be my example.  Tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.