The Demon Swine

And behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus. And when they saw Him, they begged Him to depart from their region.
Matthew 8:34

      This is after Jesus cast out demons and they went into the swine (pigs).  I thought this was cut and dry and gonna be easy - wrong again.  The why is getting to me - why did the people beg Jesus to leave?
     The first thing that pops into my head is fright.  Maybe they thought Jesus made the pigs go crazy and jump into the sea - that they didn't know about Jesus casting the demons first out of men.  Casting demons out is very powerful, this probably made Jesus scary in the eyes of some. 
     I found a verse that I had been looking for; well, I knew it would pop up when the time was right - God's time.  It is Matthew 8:20, referring to Jesus the Son of Man having no place to lay His head.  Think about this the next time you see a homeless person.  Tell God that you love Him. 

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.