imagine - ashton

listen to imagine by ari
you and ashton were driving to the beach after he just randomly suggested it. so the two of you grabbed a blanket and drove to the beach. tonight was cold out and all you wore was a hoodie and shorts but you didnt really care. it was suppose to be a fun and spontaneous trip. ashton pulled up to the beach, cutting the engine. the two of you got out, the wind kissing your skin as you walked across the cool sand. once you were a few feet away from the water, you laid the blanket down and the two you sat, ashton handing you a beer. "its kinda cold." ashton shivered looking over at you, who shrugged. "its alright." you giggled before taking a sip from the bottle. "how the hell are you not cold?" he scoffed, scooting closer to you for warmth. "i lived in the east coast, this is nothing." you chuckle, his arm coming to wrap around your waist as his head rested against yours. you made your self comfortable, the two of you molding together perfectly as if you were made for one another. ashton's body shivered slightly against yours while you sipped on your beer, earning a few giggles. the two of you began to ramble about things that came to mind, whether it was him talking about plans the band had or you talking about how your career was going. then after a while, the two of you just watched the waves wash up and pull away, almost putting you in a trance. "y/n?" ashton asked, bringing you back to earth. "ashton?" you reply making him roll his eyes. "can you like, imagine us—together?" he asked, his body pulling away from yours so he could look at you.

even in the dark, ashton's pretty hazel eyes stood out. you were caught off guard by the question, but, to be honest, you have. you've had dreams about it, sometimes when you're together you'll daydream but you didnt think it was you falling for him, but maybe it was? "uh, yeah." you finally answer, you shove your bottle into the stand as almost a natural cup holder while you turn and face ashton. "its the little things that make me think about." you shrug, not daring to look up. you flicker your eyes up and see him smile, making you smile a little too. "would you like to?" ashton awkwardly said, laughing a little bit. you giggle too, the sleeve of your hoodie coming over your mouth to hide your smile. slowly, you nod, looking into his eyes to show you were serious. "cool, uh—" ashton scatched the back of his neck because he didnt really know what to do. "kiss me you dork." you pout. he nods, moving closer, his hand coming up to hold your cheek. before he closed the gap between the two of you, ashton just gazed at your beauty before pressing his lips against yours. the taste of the beer you had drank was on his lips but they were soft and gentle. after about 10 seconds he pulled and gave you a dimple filled smile. the two of you decided to lay down and watch the stars, you on top of him, face hiding in the crook of his neck, while his hand laid on the small of you back. you didnt have to imagine it anymore, because it was finally real.