graduating - calum

after going to film school at UCLA, you were finally graduating. you couldn't be more happy to officially be done with school to go on and start working your way up in the filming industry. after a long day of being with family celebrating your new degree, your boyfriend calum invited you over at his house. he wasn't able to goto the party because he and the boys were staring to rehearse for tour in order to get down how the show would go.

it was almost nine and you drove up the hills of studio city threw dim lit streets till you pulled up to his house. you saw the lights in the back were the pool were on and muffled music played so you decided to go through the back.

as you thought, calum sat in a chair, with a beer bottle in one hand, his fingers held up a cigarette to his chap lips.

"hey," you said softly to not startle him. calum puffed smoke out his nose, smiling and putting away the lit stick. he was trying to stop for you but sometimes he just needed one and those were one of those days.

"hey," he repeated, your lips touching his for a quick second before sitting across from him. calum looked  at you, your hair and makeup all done, a cute little blue dress along with heels you were taking off because you were sick of wearing them. "you look pretty."

"thanks" you smile shyly, taking his bottle from his hands and taking a small sip. "you okay? why did you want me to come over?"

calum got up, grabbing your hand and taking you to the entrence steps of the pool, the two of you dipping your ankles into the blue water. "it's your graduation party and i didn't come. i can't celebrate with you?" he frowned making you roll your eyes as you leaned against his shoulder. the boy took your hand in his, your fingers laced together now. "no for real, i wanted to give you a present."

you put your head up looking at him with furrowed eyebrows. "calum, you literally gave me a necklace on graduation day."

"yeah but," he breathed and looked at you. "i want you to come with me, on tour. just a little more fun before you gotta get a job and stuff." calums voice was low, maybe even scared.

a smile creeps over your face along with a small chuckle. "really?" he nods. "dont you have to make arrangements and–"

"i already did. i talked to everyone, dont worry about hotels and stuff, you'll be with me. it's all worked out, babe." calum returns the smile, cupping your face and pressing your foreheads together. "it'll all be perfect."

"please calum," you laugh, tears filling your eyes. "this is all a joke."

"its for real, baby." he laughed, hugging you now. you couldn't help but cry, your makeup beginning to run and you were a mess now. you thanked him too many times to count and was so excited. after a while, the two of you pulled so you could wash your face.

you changed into some clothes that you'd left at calum's on purpose when you didn't bring extra's if you slept over. you walked back outside, sitting back in the pool with him. the two of you listen to the music for a bit till you lean up and kiss him softly. "'m love you so much." you mumble.

"i love you, bug." he answered, kissing your forehead as he wrapped his arm around you. "i also got you a cupcake."

"wanna go share it and makeout in bed?" you ask smiling big.

"hell yes." he breathed, the two of you getting out of the pool and walking inside the house to celebrate you ending school.