missing you - calum

it was a busy week at work for you, countless meetings and projects that could potentially give you a chance at a promotion. this meant that calum rarely got to see you. the second you'd get home you were so exhausted that you'd shower, maybe eat something before knocking out on the bed. he supported you and your career just like you are with his, but lately he's been missing you more than usual since tour is coming soon. it was friday night, calum folding laundry and watching a movie when you arrived home. "hi amor." he greeted you, smiling as he saw you kick off your heels and throw your bag on the table. "hi baby." you smiled back, walking over and hugging him. calum planted a few kisses on your head before you plopped on the couch, duke climbing on your lap waiting for pets. "how was the big meeting thing?" he asked, folding a tshirt. "it was great, i think i did pretty good. im just hoping i get something out of it you know..?" a soft sigh fell from your lips as you laid your head back and shut your eyes. "you hungry? i can make you something." calum sat down next to her, picking up duke and snuggling the baby grandpa in his arms, cheeks buried in his fur. "i'm okay. but i'm sorry i've been busy at work bub." you frown, seeing his eyebrows furrow. "don't worry, i won't die over it. plus we have all weekend to catch up. besides, im always gone, don't feel bad." the two of you frown a little at the subject before you scoot over to him, the boy throwing an arm around you. "you and dukey have been hanging out alot hm?" you giggle, duke licking your face. "yeah, he's had a lot of bonding time with dad." he chuckles. a small giggle falls from your lips.