love song

lana was scribbling in her journal, doodling little things around her writings. her and calum were sitting on the couch, the girl with brown sugar colored skin legs across the couch, resting on his lap. while she continued to focus on the messy sketches, calum watched her, his heart going soft for the girl he thought that was the most precious thing he's ever witnessed. she was like a baby deer, delicate, small and if you scared her, she'd hide.

as he remembers, it's been almost four months since they first met at the coffee shop. lately all he's been thinking about is how it would feel to kiss her soft lips. or the way she'd look if he made love to her, how pretty her body would look underneath his.

"lana?" he asked, his hands resting on her ankles to get her attention. the hawaiian girl put her head up, stopping what she was doing before humming. "you wanna goto this party i got invited to? it's on saturday."

"what is it for?" she questioned, pulling her legs so she now sat criss-crossed on the couch. he could tell she was intrigued.

"it's an engagement party for one of my friends, aubrey." calum answered, giving her a small smile. "i kinda dont wanna go alone."

"how come? you're gonna feel lonely?" she giggled, calum rolling his eyes as he delicately shoved the girl, making her laugh even more. "oh! am i gonna be your pretend girlfriend?!"

"no," he laughed too. "the fuck is that? 'pretend girlfriend'?"

"people do it all the time," lana shrugged, closing her journal and putting it on the coffee table. "theres this beauty guru, nikita dragon, she literally hired a fake boyfriend but then she actually got feelings for him. it was a whole scandal."

"yeah.. no i'm gonna pass on that." calum shook his head, lana smiling a little. "anyways, you'll go?"

"sure, why not." she shrugged. calum smiled bigger, his heart rate picking up. he didn't know why he got so nervous all of a sudden, but nonetheless, he was excited for the weekend.

-

calum had just arrived to lana's apartment. he was dressed in one of his many suits with an undershirt, chains littered all over him. before he texted her, he opened the sun visor, sliding mirror to check himself before grabbing his phone and texting her he was here.

a few minutes later, he saw the girl come out of her apartment, his heart almost exploding at the sight of her. she was dressed in a tan dress that hugged her curves, her wavy hair flowing in the wind as she walked. calum couldn't believe a girl could be more prettier than her.

"hi," she smiled big, sitting in the passenger seat. "nice outfit."

"thanks, yours too. you look really nice." he complimented in return. lana looked over at him, her cheeks going a little pink but calum pretended not to notice, pulling off the street to their destination. while they drove, calum was stuck in his head. he was contemplating on whether or not tonight would be the right time to make a move. it made sense, they were going to a party celebrate someone else's endless love for their partner, they were dressed formal wear, if he was correct, that was a pretty good time to do something.

"you okay, cal?" she asked.

"yeah, why?" he looked over at her, confused a bit.

"you havent said a word the whole time." lana chuckled.

"sorry," he felt his cheeks go red this time, looking toward at the street. "just thinking. i didn't realize."

"thinking about what?"

"oh, just band stuff." calum lied.

lana nodded, starting to talk about a commission she got and how she was excited, calum just listening to the girl ramble excitedly. he thought it was cute.