late drives - luke

luke felt her continuously turn and toss in bed for about two hours after they went to bed. he finally decided to wake up, turning to face her, throwing his arm across her body. "whats wrong baby girl?" he mumbled. she let out a sigh, wrapping her arms around his neck snuggling him. "i cant sleep, m'sorry if im bugging you. my mind is like running at a hundred miles per hour right now." she frowned, looking up at him. luke frowned too, pressing his lips to her forehead. "its okay, its not your fault." he reminded her. "how about we go for a drive?" the blonde suggested. she began to smile, her hear fluttering as he remembered this small fact about her she had told him a while back. it made her feel loved. "okay." she answered softly. the two got up and out of bed, luke putting on his friends of friend hoodie while she grabbed a blanket. the two left the quiet house into lukes car in the middle of the night. he put on soft music he listens to normally when he meditates, lacing his fingers with his girls while he used his other hand to drive. snuggled into the blanket, she leaned her head against the window, watching the quiet road in front of them. she felt lukes thumb run over her hand softly, looking over to her side every now and again. he just drove around the neighborhood for a while before parking on the side. by this point, her eyes were getting heavy with sleep. the blue eyed boy rubbed her arm, humming whatever song that was stuck in his head that day, seeing her fall asleep. luke kissed her hand before heading back home, seeing her sleep now. when they got home, luke opened the door, picking her up and walking her inside to lay her in the bed. petunia kept trying to jump on him but he had to shush her and tell her that 'your mums asleep piggy, we needa keep her asleep'. finally, he kicked off his slides and pulled off his hoodie, climbing in bed with petunia before going back to sleep himself.