waffles & ilys

lately it felt like luke was always looking through rose-colored glasses. he definitely was in love and he wasn't gonna deny it. he was in love with you. it felt like ever since you walked into his life, he felt so much happier than before. everything didn't feel shitty and he was beginning to have a more positive outlook on life and he enjoyed it.

it was a sunny morning, his eyes still adjusting to the amount of sunlight that was being let into the room. when he looked over at the other side of the bed, he saw you curled up on your side, looking so cute with your clear baby face. he couldn't help and lean in to kiss your forehead and pushing some of your hair out of your face.

you groaned, moving in your sleep, snuggling your face in a pillow before going back to sleep again. luke let out a sigh, turning and going on his phone, replying to some late night texts from the boys, looked at a few emails before getting out of bed with petunia. he decided he wanted to make you breakfast today.

so he brewed himself up a cup of coffee, tied his hair back in a bun and got a crack on. first he started off with fruit, chopping up strawberries, peaches & bananas in a little bowl for you. he will admit, you were probably the healthiest person he knew. yeah he did his best not to eat a lot of sugar but he wouldn't deny going to taco bell at 9 at night if he was craving it.

next was waffles. he googled a quick batter recipe, dumping all the dry ingredients in a bowl before adding the wetter ones, petunia staying right by his side in hopes of anything to fall down so she can eat it. as he was stirring the batter together, he saw you step down the stairs, wearing a big hoodie (probably his).

"good morning love." luke smiled at you, wrapping his arms around you, planting a bunch of kisses on your lips. "i'm making you breakfast, i hope thats okay?"

you smiled big, kissing lukes cheek before sitting across from him on the other side of the island. "of course. what are you making?" you ask, head resting in your hand.

"waffles, theres fruit i cut up right there if you wanna eat it now." luke pointed to the small bowl, you lighting up at the sight, grabbing it and popping a strawberry in my mouth. "did you sleep well?"

"of course, what about you?" you reply, seeing petunia waddle over and hopping up on your legs, asking for food. you pet her but gave her a piece of banana.

"i slept good." he nodded, finishing up mixing the batter together and was now turning on the waffle maker for it to heat up. as it did so, he sat next to you, opening his mouth for a piece of fruit. you popped a peach in his mouth giggling quietly. "you want coffee?"

"please." you nodded. "are you busy today lu?"

"no, rest of the week im free. friday we're invited to a party in malibu though." he hummed, going to get you your own cup of joe and putting the batter in the waffle maker. "you should wear that one dress you got. you'll look so pretty."

blush crept on your cheeks at his little compliment. you just smiled at him nodding. luke handed you your coffee and you sipped on it, watching him wait for the waffle maker to beep so he can flip it. "thank you for breakfast, you didn't have to."

"anything for you." luke said softly. the waffle maker finally beeped, so he turned it over before walking back over to you. he leaned down, kissing your lips that tasted like coffee, pecking them a few times. luke hadn't confessed that he loved you yet, but he was thinking right now was the moment to do so. he had been waiting a long time to tell you but he was scared as hell whether or not you love him too and also he didn't know when the right time would be. but he was tired of waiting and was feeling confident enough to finally tell you.

"gym today?" you asked.

"yeah, i dont even remember the last time i went. which is bad." he sighed, plating your waffle, opening the fridge, grabbing syrup and whipped cream. he wrote "i love you" on the waffle with the cream before walking over, putting the plate in front of you with the bottle of syrup beside it. when you looked down, you froze, your heart softening. you looked back at him, almost feeling like you were gonna cry.

"luke," you squeaked out. "i love you. so much."

he felt like he was smiling really big, you pulling him in for a hug. he chuckled softly before you pulled a little, cupping his face and kissing him. he melted at your touch, opening his baby blue eyes up at you after. the two of you smiled like dorks the rest of the morning.