breakfast

it was a quiet morning, chilly but the sun would warm your skin if it shined through the windows. calum was still sound asleep, snoring softly as he laid on his tummy, cheek squished up against the pillow he had his arms wrapped around. you pressed the lightest kiss to his arm, climbing out of bed. once the blankets left your body, the cool air hit your skin, send shivers all over. as your teeth jittered, you picked up the shirt calum had worn the day before, slipping it over your body before grabbing socks and heading to the bathroom. the smell of his cologne clung onto the cotton fabric, filling your nostrils and making you feel all fuzzy inside. quietly, you brushed your teeth, washed your face, etc. before walking out and going back to bed, checking your phone. while you were on social media, fifth teen minutes later, calum began to wake up, his eyes heavy with sleep and skin so so warm. "what time iss't?" was the first thing he asked, voice raspy as ever being that it was the first thing he's said since last night. "eight. g'morning, sleepy head." you answered, putting your phone down, sinking further under the sheets to his level. scooting over to calum's side of the bed, you kissed his soft lips, the boy tasting the toothpaste on your mouth. "you want breakfast? i'll make you something." you quietly, calum's head leaning into the crook of your neck, pressing soft kisses onto your skin. "yeah. thank you." he answered, giving you a tired smile before pecking your lips one last time. after, the two of you pulled, you climbing out of bed while calum stretched where he was, his bare chest being exposed to the cold air. "coffee, too?" you asked, spinning on your heels, stopping at the door to look at him. "mhm" he hummed, yawning. nodding, you went off to the kitchen, grabbing what you needed for an omelet while also getting some coffee brewed. while you were busy at the stove, calum laid in bed for a few more minutes before getting out of bed, brushing his teeth and using the restroom before walking out to the living room/kitchen. calum couldn't help but smile seeing you at the counter, chopping up whatever you were making in his tshirt. walking over to you, the raven hair colored boy hugged you from behind, kissing the back of your neck. "you look so pretty 'm my shirt." he murmured, pulling and going to the coffee machine, grabbing two mugs to pour the two of you a cup. "thanks." you giggled, walking over to the fridge, grabbing a few eggs before cracking them in a bowl and mixing them. while you did that, calum made your coffee how you liked it, 40% coffee and 60% cream for the most part, which he always teased you about since he normally drunk it black with just a little sugar. "here you go, doll." he said, putting it next to you while he walked over to sit at one of the barstools across from you. "do you want toast too, babe?" you asked, spinning around and looking at calum. "nah, what you're making is fine. thank you tho." he smiled at you. while you continued on with making breakfast, calum quickly went to grab his journal and a pencil, journaling his thoughts: i'd like to marry the girl standing across from me one day.