volleyball

it was the last weekend of summer break for you before going back to school. so in honor to celebrate the ending of vacation, you and your friends decided to goto the beach and have a bon fire.

currently, the sun was starting to set and the weather was perfect. next to you and your friends, there was a group of guys playing volleyball, horribly may i add, but still playing. every now and then, you would look over, watching the four of them smacking the ball back and forth, talking shit about each other or falling in the sand laughing. not only were they entertaining, but they were also all super cute looking. however, you had your eye on one boy specifically.

compared to his other friends, he had beautiful tan skin, raven hair and thickest eyebrows you've ever seen. he could go from looking so god damn hot to almost the cutest thing you've ever seen. you didn't know how he did it, but you weren't complaining.

you and your friends were starting the fire so you could have home smores. while they were figuring it out, you were busy watching them play, giggling every now and then at their foolish attempts of trying to hit the ball over the net.

the tallest boy, blonde blue eyed, was serving the ball, throwing it up and went over to the other side. the shorter guy who had hazelish eyes hit the ball back but was quickly sent back to his side. tan boy attempted to hit it in time but didn't make it, falling out of bounds and rolled across the sand to you.

"what the fuck was that calum!" the hazel boy yelled at the tan boy.

"shut the fuck up ashton, like you could've hit that too." 'calum' snapped back, looking around for the ball before he made eye contact with you.

you picked up the ball and held it out for calum once he finally made it to you, shyly smiling as he took it. "sorry about that. i suck."

"i know, i've seen." you giggled, feeling your cheeks heat up. he was even prettier up close.

"got any tips?" he asked, letting the ball rest on his hip, biting down on his lip to hold back his smile.

"yeah actually." you chuckled, standing up so you could show him. "so, when you're waiting for the ball to come your way, use the three step approach, which is when you move left, right, left. and then then jump and swing to hit." as you spoke, you acted out what you were saying, calum smiling wide and nodding.

"cool, thanks. i'll try that." he nodded before his friends yelled at him to hurry up. "thanks again!"

"anytime." you smiled back, sitting back down and looking at your friends. "shit, maybe being on the volleyball team in high school is finally paying off."

"hell yeah it is. he's cute as hell." your friend isabel smirked.

as you roasted marshmallows and listened to music with the girls, every now and then, you'd look over at calum, watching him use your little tip. he was still doing bad, but just a little bit better than his friends.

later on, the boys finally ended their game, sitting at their own bonfire and hanging out. you and calum would look over at each other, smiling like teenagers falling in love till he finally got up and walked over to you.

"hey, um, i was wondering if i could maybe get your number? you know.. so i could buy you a drink or something as a thank you." calum's cheeks were pink and so squishy looking you swore you could die. "my friend ashton and i won."

"congrats, but sure." you giggle, holding your hand out, calum handing his phone to you. quickly you typed in your number and name with a little volleyball emoji next to it.

"y/n?" he read once he got his phone back. "that's a pretty name."

"thanks." you smile up at him.

"i'm calum by the way. i should've said that earlier."

"oh i know. i overheard when your friend got mad at you for missing." you laugh. "'what the fuck was that calum' as i recall."

"yeah we dont need to talk about that." he sighed, rubbing his neck nervously. "anyways, i'll let you go back to your friends."

"bye calum." you giggle, waving as he headed back to his friends. your friends all cooed at you as you mumbled to tell them to shut up, going back to eating your fourth smore.

- two days later -

unknown
Hey! It's calum!

y/n 🏐
hi, i thought you'd never text me lmao

calum 🥴
Haha sorry I was just really nervous
To be honest, I would've texted sooner but I didn't wanna seem, you know ... desperate

y/n 🏐
screw that you can text me whenever ☺️ i won't judge you

calum 🥴
Cool 😂
Can I tell you something else then?

y/n 🏐
sure :)

calum 🥴
When I was playing with my mates, I actually missed the ball so I could go up to talk to you

y/n 🏐
omg really

calum 🥴
Yeah I thought you were so pretty and I couldn't just miss that chance

y/n 🏐
please thats so cute 🥺💗
ur pretty cute too hehe

calum 🥴
*handsome

y/n 🏐
BOTH

you were a giggling mess texting calum. the rest of the day the two of you messaged one another, even facetimed for a while till the two of you decided to get coffee next weekend.