dinner date - calum

"you know what we haven't done in a while?" calum asked one morning, handing you your cup of coffee before pouring his own

"what?" you ask, pouring cream into your cup.

"go on a date." he smiled, cheeks looking so squishy that you wanted to pinch them. "lets do that tonight."

you chuckled, walking over to grab the sugar and kissing his cheek along the way. "dress code?"

"well, ill most likely put on a white tank top and throw a blazer on it. so dress however you want i guess." he laughed, getting his own up of coffee.

after running around LA, getting errands and things done, the two of you took a nap before getting ready for your date. while calum was showering, you were in the closet looking through your clothes on what in the world youre going to wear. since it was a cool summer night, you decided to go with a red and white pokadot dress but caused it down with some white tennis shoes.

once your boyfriend finally stepped out of the shower, you were able to curl your hair and do your makeup. as you were doing your eyeshadow, calum wrapped his arms around you from behind, kissing your shoulder.

"you're stunning, you know that?" he looked at you in the mirror, kissing your cheek before pulling and putting his cologne on. before putting all his chain necklaces.

"thanks." you blushed, giving him a smile before continuing with your look.

about 10 minuets later, you were ready to go, the two of you saying bye to duke before going out the door. calum said he wanted to try out this place near the house that was recommended to him by someone at the studio. it was ended up italian restaurant that smelt pretty good from what you can tell when you walked in.

since it was a beautiful night out in los angeles, the two of you decided to sit outside in the night life. the table was lit with a few long candles, giving the area a glowy mood to everything. calum watched as you looked at the menu, smiling a little to himself at how cute you looked. it made his heart do a little flutter thing that just made him feel so warm and cozy.

"what are you gonna get bub?" you asked, looking up from the menu.

"pizza maybe? i dunno yet. the pasta with seafood also sounds good. what are you getting?" he asked, chewing on his lip as he flipped through the menu.

"im gonna get pasta. if you want, ill get the seafood one and we can just share." you shrugged just as the waiter came up. calum ordered a bottle of wine for the two of you and ended up getting the pizza while you got pasta.

once your orders were taken, you looked out at the busy streets that were a few feet away from you and calum did too. then the two of you went into talking about things you heard from friends or each others work.

"i cant believe you're gonna be on family feud." you giggled, pushing hair behind your ear. "have you even watched the show before?"

"not at all." he laughed, picking up his glass to take a sip. "care to explain it?"

you rolled your eyes but broke down the game show to him. he got it for the most part but was still nervous about the whole thing. he was mainly scared about the topics since he would have no clue on what they could be on.

eventually, the waiter came back with your orders, your stomach starving after waiting for so long. the two of you dug in.

"open your mouth baby." calum smiled, holding up a slice from his pizza. you giggled, opening your mouth as he said. calum carefully held your chin as you took a bite from the pie. "good?"

"so good." you moaned, still chewing. "here, have some pasta." grabbing your fork, you twisted it to gather some along with a shrimp for calum. as you were about to feed it to him, a few noodles slipped and fell onto his lap. "oh shit im so sorry."

"its okay, thank god my pants are black." he laughed, cleaning up the mess.

calum eventually got to try the pasta-which he really enjoyed-and the two of you finished dinner. after, your sweet tooth kicked in so the two of you decided to share a dessert.

"whatcha wanna get?" he asked, eyes scanning the little menu. "theres gelato, tiramisu, cappuccinos, cannolis..."

"tiramisu. that sounds sooo good." you smiled.

after the order was placed, calum reached over, holding your hand in his much larger one. he gave you a look that sent butterflies in your stomach. "im so glad to have you in my life. i know i'm not the bestest boyfriend i can be because of work n' stuff but, i try to do all i can. i love you." he said softly, the candle glowing up his face perfectly. you smiled so big, picking up his hand to kiss it softly.

"you are good enough. but i love you too." you replied, intertwining your fingers. shortly after, the waiter came back with dessert, the two of you digging in and enjoying the rest of the night at home on the couch.