baby girl - calum

you were laying on the hospital bed, so exhausted and sick of being pregnant. youve been in labor for almost a whole day and everything hurted or felt weird. you reached your breaking point, having a mental break down because you just felt so shitty and wanted your baby out of you. your husband, calum, grabbed your face, his chocolate eyes looking into yours as his thumbs brushed your wet cheeks. "breathe for me baby girl okay? i know you're hating every second of this but after some pushes, our little angel is gonna be here and into this world and shes gonna look just like her gorgeous mom." he smiled, kissing your lips after. you simply nodded, kissing him back before laying back down. calum sat next to you, kissing up and down your arm whispering how much he loved you. a contraction came, making the tears well up in your eyes again as you tried to control your breathing. the doctor came in, checking how far you were, announcing that next contraction it was time for you to push. calum tied your hair up, kissing your face and letting you know that you can hold his hand if you need to. the nurses and doctor prepared everything as you tried to not cry. you looked up at calum, the pretty tan boy smiling at you, "we're about to have baby." you could see how excited your husband was to see his lil bun that has been cooking in your oven for 9 months now, all the anticipation, tears and late nights to the liquor store to get to snacks lead up all to this moment. everything went by so quick after, the next thing he knew, the sound of a baby crying was ringing his ears. the nurse handed your little bundle of joy to you, tears streaming down your cheeks as you looked at her. calum smiled so big his face hurt but he didnt care. the tan boy grabbed your face, kissing you so passionately as his way of saying 'thank you' for creating this little human. once the baby calmed down, the nurses took her to get cleaned and wrapped up. calum hugged you as they did this, pressing so many kisses to your forehead and mumbling "im so proud of you babe, you did amazing." making you smile too. the nurses walked up to calum, letting him take his little princess and hold her for the first time. the boy couldnt hold in his feelings, tears falling onto his cheeks as he stared at the small little baby that he and the love of his absolute life created and brought into this world. "ive been waiting so long to see you baby girl." calum choked out, pressing a kiss to her forehead "i already love you so much and promise to protect you and your mother from anything." baby hood cooed at her daddy before he gave her one last kiss, giving her you, letting her rest on your skin. in that moment, calum never felt himself filled with so much love and happiness that he felt complete and didnt need anything but his wife and little girl at his side.