the best mistake - calum

a month after the party and a lot has changed. the first being that she talked to her mom, telling her all the feelings that have built up over the time being apart for so long. and her mom did the same, the two finally meeting to a level of understanding. her mother apologized for all the pain shes inflicted on her child and now was beginning to accept her own daughters little family.

in order to make up lost time, the three have either frequently visited her parents home or they come over to theirs. today calum decided to throw a little summer kick off barbecue, inviting friends and her family.

while calum, ashton and joe chatted at the barbecue about music, she, rosie & her mom were on by the pool. rosalyn was playing in the shallow water, her uncle luke swimming around with petunia. the ladies dipped their feet in the pool, talking anything and everything.

"so, do you and calum plan to get married sometime?" her mom asked.

"mom," she dragged out the 'm', chuckling a little. "we will, just isn't the right time. calum has the band along with their other projects and then we have rosie. its alot going on." as she spoke, she looked across the yard, watching her boyfriend, smiling and chatting.

just looking at him, butterflies felt her stomach. spending the rest of her life with calum sounded like the best thing ever. she knew they were even if they didn't marry, the two were way too in love to not want to spend their lives with one another.

calum had caught her eye, smiling bigger than he mouthed "love you", making her giggle and mouth it back. her mom watched the two interact, making her smile a little. she was glad she found someone that made her happy. like joe, she was a bit disappointed with calum but she couldn't deny the fact that he was a kind boy that treated their child like his life depended on it.

her mom and her turned their attention back to
rosie who was full of laughter as luke spun her around in the water, petunia getting all excited and tried to follow luke. she pulled out her phone, snapping some pictures of luke & his niece before putting her phone away.

"i'll be back, gonna get out plates. i think calum is almost done cooking everything." she told her mom before walking off into the house. as she grabbed the dinner plates, arms wrapped around her waist.

"hi baby."

"hi pretty boy, you finish cooking everything?" she smiled, setting the plates down before spinning around and pecking his lips.

"mhm," he hummed, one hand running up and down her side. "you look really pretty today."

the smile on her face got bigger, if that was possible, as her sun kissed cheeks got a little pink.
"thanks"

calum leaned into her as she sat against the counter, their lips meeting. she felt her self melt in his arms as he took his time, lingering longer than he normally would. calum's lips trailed to her jaw and neck, slipping his hands so he felt her warm skin.

"if i could, i'd fuck you right on this counter." he mumbled in-between kisses making her giggle before grabbing his chin to kiss his lips.

"that sounds so unsanitary."

he rolled his eyes, kissing her one more time before grabbing the plates for her. "tonight? please, i miss you."

"i'm right here baby." she laughed, the two walking back out.

"you know what i mean."

-

once everyone was stuffed, some of the guys played basketball, the ladies started making drinks and calum, his girl and some others sat on the lounge chairs. rosie laid on calum's bare chest, her fat cheek pressed against him as she slept.