i love you - luke

based off i love you by billie eilish

tears stained her cheeks but were replaced with fresh ones, hitting the white fabric of the blanket she held onto. her body was crawled into a small ball, her chest rising and falling at an irregular pace. she was hiding in the bedroom, telling her self its gonna be okay-when it wasn't.

luke was downstairs, sitting at the piano bench, tears stinging his own eyes as he tried to collect himself. he had just blown up in front of her, scaring the girl didn't even cause any of the pain he lashed onto her. he felt horrible because he let his own anger get the best of him & hurt the one person he loved the most.

but this is always how it was. one person was always hurting the other. and the two knew they were toxic for each other but couldn't seem to face the truth of it all and try to continue to push through it all.

the curly haired boy rubbed his eyes before pulling from the piano, trailing up the stairs to the room. he could hear her soft sniffles as he got closer. when he pushed the door open, she was curled up, her back facing him, little body shaking.

"baby," he said softly, trailing over to her. she let out a throaty sob, hiding her face from him. "baby please."

"leave me alone luke." she croaked, turning her body to the other side, tears running down like bullets. he sighed, turning her back, sending him a look to stop. "get away from me. i dont want to talk to you right now." she spat.

he froze, a frown falling onto luke's lips. softly nodding, he grabbed his pillow and the throw blanket before going to the spare bedroom. it had felt like he heard her cry all night and he felt like shit for it. he couldnt sleep soundly, knowing that she were across the hallway, still curled up and crying for hours. it felt like he must've gotten only an hour of sleep by the time morning came, his eyes bloodshot and head thumping.

when luke climbed out of bed, feet padding across the concrete floor, he peaked inside the bedroom, see her asleep with just the sheet covering her, making him worried she'd get a cold. so he tip toed in, pulling the duvet over her before leaving as he entered. he didn't know how long of a time she needed away from him, but he decided to grab his backpack, throwing some clothes and his toothbrush before getting in his car and heading to ashtons.

-

when ashton opened the door early that morning, he didn't expect to see luke the mess he looked. he frowned, assuming that this time it was a big fight.

"can i stay here for a day or two?" luke asked softly, biting his lip nervously.

"yeah, of course, are you hungry?" ashton asked, letting him step in before closing the door. the blonde boy shook his head sighing.

"you have headache medicine?"

ashton quickly nodded, the boys walking over to the kitchen, luke sitting on one of the barstools as ashton grabbed a water bottle and the pills before giving them to his bandmate. "so what happened? if you mind i ask."

luke chugged the water with the medicine, everything coming back to him as he let his cheek rest in his hand. "i kinda just blew up in front of her when she wasn't the problem at all. and i think i really fucked up this time." luke groaned.

he knew ashton was gonna say some wise shit he really wasn't in the mood for, but he was gonna let him say it anyways. he didn't know what else to do or where to go at this point. "luke, you guys really need to work things out. shit like this can't keep happening-its not healthy at all for both of you."

"i know, i know. i just can't," he paused, tears making his vision go blurry before he wiped his wet eyes. "i cant leave her."

"all im gonna say is that sometimes you gotta do things that are gonna be shitty as fuck but its only for the better. but that's your choice." ashton sighed, patting lukes back before announcing he was gonna go shower, leaving luke with his thoughts.