first kiss - calum

calum was standing next to you, a cigarette dangling in one hand as the two of you looked out on los angeles at the top of some hotel the two of you decided to get dinner at. this was his third date with you and he thought it was finally time to maybe make a move. calum hadn't properly dated anyone in a long time and he was quite nervous about the whole thing. he really liked you and all he wanted to do was taste your lips, knowing they would probably taste like that lip balm he noticed you carried on you all the time.

he took a drag from his cigarette, letting the smoke escape his lips before dropping to the ground under his foot. you turned to look at him, giving him a shy smile as the cold winter air tan through your hair. calum smiled back, grabbing your hand to lace your fingers together.

"you look really beautiful, y/n," calum said softly, he could feel his heart began to beat louder in his ears.

you smiled at this, looking away for a second before meeting his eyes again. "thank you, you're quite stunning yourself." she replied, her cheeks going warm. calum ran his thumb over her hand, feeling how cold they were.

"you cold? i can give you my jacket." he suggested, now taking both of your hands in his, encasing them and blowing warm air yours before creating friction to bring warmth to your frozen fingertips.

"but then you'll get cold, too." you argued making him roll his eyes, already taking it off and putting it over your body and zipping you up. his inked arms were exposed now but calum didn't mind, besides, he thought you looked so cute at the fact how oversized his jacket looked on you.

calum grabbed your hands, pulling you closer to him where you were almost chest to chest. slipping your hands around his waist, you gazed up at the boy who couldnt contain his smiles. he leaned his forehead to yours, his soft lips ghosting over yours, his warm hand hold your cheek.

"y/n, can i kiss you?" he asked in the most softest voice you've ever heard him speak. you nodded, fluttering your eyes closed as he filled the gap between the two of you. his lips moved gently against yours for a few seconds before pulling. as he suspected, he tasted the lip balm along with some gum he had given her earlier leaving a faint taste of cherries and mint on his lips.

"i didnt think you were gonna be such a gentlemen about kissing me, to be honest. i thought you were gonna do it on the first date." you giggled.

"hey, im not one to rush into things," he pouted making you smile even more at how cute he looked. "i like taking my time."

"im not complaining, i think its really adorable." you replied, taking his hand back in yours again, the two of you going back to look at the city. calum kissed your hand softly, the two of you drowning in each others affection and the beauty of the LA lights.