stressed day - luke

luke shoved his keys into the lock, unlocking the door before stepping in. petunia was already waiting for him, trying to jump up to get her pets. he stroked her head a few times but put her back down and walked forward, seeing his girl curled up on one corner of the couch, half asleep. when he sat down next to her, kicking off his shoes, she noticed he was there, giving him a tired smile.

"how was the studio other than coming home at," you paused, grabbing your phone to see the time. "midnight."

he shook his head, scooting closer to you as he wanted right now was a cuddle. you frowned, letting the huge boy curl up in your arms. luke leaned his head on your shoulder as he brushed his nose against your neck, head spinning.

"wanna go upstairs? we can cuddle in bed." you suggested, running your fingers through his fizzy curls. probably because he was running his fingers through hair so much.

"yeah." he nodded, pulling as you shut off the tv. luke called petunia as the two of you went up the stairs to the bedroom. since you were already in pajamas, you crawled in, watching luke kick off his sweats and tshirt for some shorts and one of his sleeping shirts before joining you in bed.

"it was such a shitty day. it felt like we got no work done even though we were there literally all day." he sighed, rubbing his face. luke pulled you close, wrapping his arms around you while your fingers rubbed his side.

"that sucks, baby boy. maybe you'll have a better day tomorrow. it happens sometimes, im sure the other boys are stressed out too." you reassured, pressing a gentle peck to his soft lips. luke kissed you back before shutting his eyes.

"this album is so fucking good, just-we hit this stupid rough patch and its pissing me off." he groaned.

"you just need rest, lu. you'll feel better in the morning. i'll even make you waffles for breakfast." you smiled, tickling his waist making him crack a smile. he revealed his pretty blue eyes, giggling a little before he pushed your hand away.

"no tickles. its too late."

"its never too late for tickles." you laughed, moving yourself to straddle his waist as your hands slithered under his arms earning a high pitch squeal from him, the one where his voice still manages to crack a little. before you could continue, luke flipped the two of you, letting his weight fall on you and left you stuck.

"luke!" you whined, trying to push him off. he giggled a little before pushing himself off, laying back on his side of the bed. petunia decided she wanted to join the two of you, laying at the edge of the bed with a toy.

"lay with me." luke whined this time, grabbing your hand. rolling your eyes, you laid your head on his chest, allowing him to play with your hair.

"technically i am laying with you but, whatever you say." you chuckled, bringing your hand to rub his arm. silence fell between the two of you, luke trying to braid a tiny piece of your hair, mumbling to himself every now and again till he finally gave up and started to talk again.

"im sorry i'm always complaining and stuff when i get home." his voice was really soft, almost a whisper but a little louder. you turned your head so your chin rested on him.

"luke you're not complaining and don't be sorry. you're literally writing songs and putting your heart out there for millions of people to hear. i'm sure i would probably be crying all the time if i was doing what you do." you chuckled, your hand coming up and stroking his cheek. luke felt his heart almost skip a beat because of you, remembering one of the many reasons why he fell in love with you. "i'm so proud of you, luke. i know how dedicated you are to your music. seeing you in the morning at the piano working out whatever is in your mind is honestly one of the most beautiful things i could ever witness and i hope to continue to watch that for the rest of my life. seeing you create."

at this point, luke honestly felt like crying. small little tears pooled his eyes as he leaned down to kiss her. "i love you so much." he whispered against your lips.

"i love you more." you replied, kissing him back. luke brought his hand to your cheek, holding it as he deepened your movements a little. he felt like he was gonna explode with love because he was so stupidly head over heels for you. "lets get some sleep, super star."

luke smiled at the nickname, nodding as wrapped his arms around her again. he heard her mumble goodnight in the crook of his neck, feeling her eyelashes brush against his skin when she closed her pretty eyes. "g'night babe," he replied, kissing her temple before shutting his own eyes, going to sleep with a happy mind and full heart.