girlfriend - calum

after maybe two months of dating, calum finally was really to ask you to be his girlfriend. you honestly didn't mind the wait. as you got to know calum more and more (and also watch some videos of him and his bandmates in interviews and such), you come to the realization that calum was quite complex when it came to emotions. but that was okay because you still really liked calum no matter what.

when it came to hanging out, the two of you were huge home bodies so a date normally was you going to his house or you sneaking calum into your apartment with two other roommates, laying in bed watching netflix or maybe just making out on his couch. whatever it was, the two of you always ended the night with huge smiles.

calum wasn't one to do cliches when it came to romance. he thought they were stupid and not realistic so he knew he didn't want to be ordinary. and no, he wasn't gonna do something extravagant to ask you to be his girlfriend either. instead, he told you to come over and the two of you can do whatever you wanted that night. your answer was an evening of chick fil a and self care.

so while calum provided the food, you showed up in one of his shirts and sweats with a handful of things like masks, nail polish, a tub of ice cream and more. you were greeted at the door with a quiet "hi" and a peck on the lips along with duke jumping at your ankle. once you set everything down, calum wrapped his arms around your waist, kissing you again but longer, thumbs rubbing circles onto the fabric.

"'m missed you." calum said, smiling down at you.

"we literally face timed earlier, dummy." you teased, pulling from the boy to get your food.

"yeah but i wasn't physically with you." he replied, grabbing his own too before the two of you plopped on the couch and ate.

calum hadn't really told his friends about you other than the the day after you met her in their group chat, saying how he thought you were pretty cute. even tho they were his brothers, he wasn't quite ready to tell them about you. he enjoyed keeping his mates and the girl he liked separate for now. it was fun.

"hey mate!" you asked in your fake accent, something that became an inside joke because he had called you 'mate' by accident one time when ha hanging out. "turn on the tv won't 'cha?"

he rolled his eyes but did, putting on season 10 of rupauls drag race. he was quick to find out your recent obsession with the show and actually thought it was funny too.

once the two of you were done eating, you were ready to start the self care portion of the evening. "how about we choose each others masks?" you say, spreading them out. you had boughten all types from sheets to clay to those fancy way-too-expensive glittery masks at sephora. cal was quite impressed with your collection.

"okay, um, this one looks cool." calum of course picked up the glam glow glitter mask, twisting it open to see the black glob mixed with glitter. "it smells good too."

"i know right? but guess how much it costs." you say, looking at calums skin as you decide which to use. he probably had the nicest skin ever you've seen.

"fifth teen?" he asked.

"fuck no," you scoffed. "sixty."

"sixty?" he asked with wide eyes. "is this gonna give you clear skin for life?"

"i fucking wish." you sigh, finally deciding on a sheet mask that is suppose to help with hydrating. "oh by the way, i brought these little things that push our hair back. they're cat ears." you smile, sliding one on your head before doing it to calum even tho he didn't need it with his short hair. after securing in, you gave him a quick peck before putting the cold sheet mask on him.

"jeez, why is it so damn cold?" he jumped at the application making you laugh.

"its suppose to feel good, silly." you smile. "my turn now."

"my face just feels cold now." calum chuckled as he dipped his fingers into the glitter mask before smearing it on your face. he tried his best to apply it as neat as possible but failed, getting it on the headband and a little on the couch.

"how long do we keep our thingys on?" calum asked once he finished putting your mask on.

"yours is for 20 minuets and i just gotta wait till it dries. you can peel it off once its done, ill give you the honor." you smile. the two of you continued to watch tv as you waited for the masks. when calum's timer went off, he took off the sheet mask.

"do i wash my face now?" he asked.

"no, rub whatever is left from the mask into your skin and your done." you answer, picking up the black polish. "want me to paint your nails?"

"hell yeah." he answered. "havent done it in a while."

-

after painting calum's nails and he peeled off your mask painfully slow, the two of you ended up taking a shower together, which was longer than normal showers, and now in bed. calum's lips pressed soft kisses to your neck, his teeth every now and again grazing your skin but not hard enough to leave a mark.

"baby," he mumbled softly, kissing your ear before pulling his head back up to meet yours. you were tangled in his arms, his hands holding your lower back as you laid with him in nothing but a tshirt and underwear and him in just shorts.

"hm?" you answer, kissing him slowly before he could say anything, causing his hand to slip down to your butt to squeeze it gently making you smile against his lips.

calum looked at you with soft eyes, his cheeks pink and heart racing. as cool as he seem on the outside, he was dying on the inside. he was scared. he didn't know what the future was gonna hold for
you and him. was he gonna fall in love or was gonna receive heartbreak? how long would you last? all these questions haunted him but even tho he was fucking terrified, he still was gonna risk it. "do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

you looked at calum, smiling really big, probably the biggest smile ever, nodding and saying "yes." he couldn't help but do the same, hugging your small body.

"i like you." he mumbled into your wet hair.

"i like you too calum." you giggle and spend the rest of the night with a big smile now that you were officially his and he was yours <3