nightmares - luke

the first you thing was let out a shaky sob. you havent even open your eyes yet and you felt like your world had collapsed all around you all at once as your heart raced out of your chest and tears ran down your cheeks. you stuffed your face in your pillow as you sobbed. it wasn't until you felt someone touch your shaking skin you were pulled back to reality. you lifted your head out of your pillow to meet the eyes you thought you had just lost. "what happened? are you okay baby?" you heard the voice of the boy you loved. the only thing you could was clasp onto the boy for dear life as you cried in his chest. luke stroked your hair, confused and scared as to what was wrong with you, but he let you cry in his chest until you were ready to speak, stroking your hair softly. in each gasp for air you took, lukes scent filled your nostrils, slowly calming you. his fingers slipped under your shirt, stroking your skin softly as his lips pressed kisses to your forehead. once the tears finally stopped, you sat up on the bed, sitting criss-crossed and wiping your wet face. luke did the same, looking at your face, frowning at how upset you looked, your body practically shaking. "did you have a bad dream or something?" he asked, eyebrows knitting together. you nodded your head gently, taking a shaky deep breath before looking up at his blue eyes. "i thought i lost you forever." you whispered quietly, you couldnt say the actual words 'i thought you died' because it would've broke you. luke's heart tug at this, his hands pulling you in for s hug. tears escaping your eyes again.

"ill never leave you princess." luke put your head up, thumbs wiping your tears. "but not in that way, in the other way—you know: death." you choked out, letting out a shaky sob after. luke didnt know what to say other than that he isnt going to die anytime soon until he was old with you because that was the truth. if he was going to take his last breath, it was going to be beside the beautiful girl he was holding in his arms, the love of his life. luke pressed a gentle kiss to the corners of your mouth, pressing his forehead against yours, a soft sigh leaving his lips. he held your hands in his in his lap, thumbs running over the softness of your skin that still shook with fright. "wanna go downstairs? walk it off?" he suggested after a while, giving a small smile. you thought about it for a second, pretty sure you weren't gonna be able to fall asleep anytime soon, finally nodding. luke helped you out of bed, taking your hand in his down the steps to the living room. the curly haired boy lead you to the piano bench, the two of you sitting down there. you leaned your head against his shoulder as his fingers laid across the white keys, pressing gently for them to release a soft and beautiful sound that filled your ears. the more luke played, you figured out it was the one song that played in coraline, your favorite movie, the boy humming the tune the girl sings. your eyes watched his fingers dance across the piano, all the dark thoughts that flooded your mind seeming to slowly fade away. you looked up seeing luke as he concentrated on the piano.

it reminded you the day that you came home to find luke trying to learn how to play the song by ear because it was stuck in his head and it was driving him crazy. it wasn't until like two in the morning he screamed in victory that he figured it out and was so proud of himself. you smiled at the memory before pressing a kiss to his arm. luke continued to play songs that came to his mind, singing softly, in hopes to calm his baby from her nightmare. soon enough it did, to the point you had fallen asleep leaning on his arm. luke pressed a kiss to youe head before picking you up and taking you back to bed to get rest.