im sorry - calum

calum once again woke up to an empty bed, the third time this week. he was starting to worry about her. she been acting very distant the past few days and not really herself. the girl he knew was always happy, always having a good time no matter what. this girl, she was quiet and looked like she was trying to act like everything was okay when it obviously showed in her eyes that it really wasnt.

he climbed out of bed, walking into the living room, seeing her sit out next to the pool. a soft sigh fell from his lips as he walked back to bed, knowing it was best to leave her be till the morning.

later, she didn't wake up till twelve, walking out of his bedroom still in one of his tshirts. "g'morning." he greeted her, giving her a small smile. "want coffee?"

she nodded, plopping on the couch as he got up and went to brew her a cup. "y/n?" calum asked. she turned looked at him.

"yeah?"

calum walked back over to the couch, sitting down next to her, sending her a worried look. "you okay?"

"yeah.. why?" she asked.

"just asking." he gave her another small smile before pecking her lips. after, he went back to finish making her coffee. later that day, calum did chores around the house, keeping an eye on her. something was off and he knew it. calum wanted to help her, but he didn't know how or what to do. he didn't like seeing her like this, it was almost as if she was; lifeless.

she was curled up in a blanket, staring at the tv blankly, frown on her lips. calum put the laundry down, pausing the show and looking at her. "babe, seriously, whats up with you? you don't seem like you're okay. i know you haven't been sleeping well, we've barley talked this week even tho we're both home all day.. i miss you." he frowned, looking at her with wide eyes. she stared at her lap, a few tears falling from her cheeks.

"i just dont mentally feel the best right now.. i'm sorry." she murmured, eyes flickering up at him as she wiped her eyes with the blanket.

"love dont be sorry, i just wanted to know whats up." calum said softly, wrapping his arms around her frame, rocking her back and forth slightly in hopes of calming her. "i was seriously getting worried about you."

"i dont know why i feel so sad lately. it just sorta came and it's been making me overthink everything important to me." she cried, holding into calum for dear life.

"it's okay baby, it happens to everyone. but, if there's anything you need, i'm right here to help you okay? if you want a hug, i'll be there. want food? i'll get it. wanna talk? you can ramble all you want and ill listen. i just wanna make sure you're okay." he smiled softly at her, wiping her cheeks. she just nodded, barring her face in calum's chest as she tried to calm down. as she took deep breathes, calum rubbed her back and kissed her temples. "i love you.

"'m love you too."