clementine

calum was sitting at the piano, playing a simple sad chord that matched the melancholy mood that filled his chest everytime he took a deep breath. he was lost, but he always was. he was also confused, but that too was something that was normal.

his mind kept flickering back to the fight that had happened a few hours ago with her. he hurt the girl he adored in the worst way possible and he wasn't hopeful that this time you'd forgive him and move past it. he probably deserves it, but he didn't want to admit that. why the would he wanna loose his lover?

calum always doubted people and he hated that about him. that's what brought him here on the first place; the fact that he felt like she didn't love him as much as he loved her. he didn't know if she too got butterflies in her stomach when she looked at him or feel her blood rush through her body when they kissed. all he could see was the way her cheeks turned a shade of pink.

pulling his tired fingers from the black and white keys, calum got up, leaving the room in a slouch. when he entered the heart of the house, he looked around for any sign of you. after looking around, his chocolate colored irises saw you outside, sitting on the edge of the pool. so he stepped out, walking over and sitting beside you. once he sat down, his legs dipped into the cold water like yours, sending a slight shock through his lifeless-like body.

"i'm sorry." he said quietly, staring down at his lap, still processing what he wanted to say. "i let my negative thoughts get ahead of me when i shouldn't have."

you didn't say anything back, just staring at the water, or anywhere that wasn't him.

calum felt his lip quiver and his heard beat faster, harder as his mind was beginning to scramble. he didn't want it to end it like this.

"i thought i didn't need anyone.. but i do. i need you." he finally said, putting his head up and looking at you, who still didn't look back. tears were welled up in your eyes until there so many that they fell from your eyes onto your lap. "i'm the stupidest person when it comes to feelings. but shit, the day i fell in love with you i knew what it was. that was one moment i knew for sure of how my feelings for you."

"calum, stop." you choked out, turning finally to look at him, with glossy and tear filled eyes. "you're making this hard."

"making what hard?" he asked quietly.

"trying to leave you. but i don't want to."

calum felt his heart drop at your words. that's when the tears kicked in, his body shook with fear that he grabbed you. "please, don't. i promise-i swear to god-i will never hurt you like this. i swear, baby." the brokenhearted boy blurted, his hand holding your cheek as the two of you had tears running off your cheeks like the rain falling against a glass window.

your skin was burning under his finger tips. he knew when you were angry how your face would radiate heat, creating blush on your cheeks but on steroids, creating this deep shade of red rather than pink like in the sky above you.

"that's impossible." you scoffed, pulling from calum, creating a wider space between the two of you. "you'll hurt me again, whether it's by accident or isn't, who knows. but, you will."

"okay thats true, but i only said what i did because i just want to know if you love me as much as i love you." he choked out, sniffling between words. "i legitimately want to spend the rest of my life with you and sometimes i just get scared that you don't feel the same way."

"i wouldn't be with you for as long as i have if i didn't see some sort of future with you, calum. you told me to leave when you had to tour for all those months, but did i? no. i stayed with you because i trusted you and cared for you so much that i thought my heart would explode." you shouted at the clueless boy. he didn't say anything in return, just looking at the glowing water rubbing his eyes. letting out a deep sigh, you pulled your legs out of the pool, walking away from calum back into the house.

when he looked at the house, he saw the bathroom light on and the sound of water. calum stayed outside, stuck with his thoughts for a few hours till he literally drained himself, going back inside. when he went upstairs to the bedroom to grab a pillow, he saw you in the balcony floor, crying.

he felt a lump in the throat form, pushing it down as he looked away back at the bed. throwing the pillow back, calum went outside, sitting beside you and wrapping his arms around your frame. rather than resisting, you clung to the boy, sobbing into his chest uncontrollably while at the same time you fisted your hands against him. calum couldn't help but let himself fall apart too, silently letting tears roll off his tan cheeks.

the two of you sat in the balcony, holding one another and crying until tears no longer could form. when you looked up at calum, his cheeks were tear stained just like yours and his eyes tired. he brought his hands up to your face, lowering his head so that your lips touched. and when they did, your heart felt like it almost skipped a beat. who knew a kiss could make you cry because thats what happened to calum.

"i love you," he whispered his cheeks becoming wet again. "i love you so fucking much."

"i love you too." you replied, your hands coming up to his cheeks now, trying to wipe them before pulling him back in for another kiss, filled of emotion and with each one, the pain faded more.

eventually, the two of you pulled for air, your foreheads resting on one another. "i dont need anyone either," you said softly. "i just need you."