The Wrong Bed : Part Two

Amanda hated that Olivia blamed her for everything. That she didn't seem to understand that the drunken night that Amanda and Elliot had shared wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been drunk. They never had feelings for each other, so it was strictly an accident. A mistake.

Amanda knew that she didn't have another choice, so she started to make arrangements to move back to Atlanta. 

"I told you to leave." Olivia growled as soon as she walked into the squadroom. Amanda was cleaning off her desk and planned on leaving within the week. She couldn't just leave on a whim now that Jimmy was around. She had to plan more for the sake of her son.

"I am leaving." Amanda whispered as she picked up a framed picture of herself and Olivia when they were pregnant together. It wasn't expected, but the squad worked around their two detectives and their mood swings and the way they whined about being on desk duty.

"Then leave." Olivia spat. 

"What's happening?" Cragen asked, as he walked from his office and looked at Olivia and Amanda.

"Nothing, Captain. Just cleaning everything up." Amanda frowned before she tossed the frame into the garbage can and put the lid on the last box.

"Amanda, where are you going?" Elliot asked, since his wife didn't tell him about how she decided to take care of the currently situation.

"It doesn't matter Elliot. You won't need to ever get ahold of me again." Amanda breathed. She picked up her boxes before walking towards the door. She stopped herself before turning back around and looking at Olivia as she raked her fingers through her hair.

"I'm sorry, Liv. So fucking sorry."

///

Even when Amanda left to go to Atlanta, Olivia and Elliot's relationship was horribly strained. They kept fighting about the one night that Elliot cheated on Olivia, especially because Olivia kept using it against him. She said that she was willing to try and forgive him and get back to where they had been before the affair of sorts, but she wouldn't even get close to letting him off the hook.

He worked so hard to try and gain her trust again, but it just was never the same. They ended up separated a year after Amanda left for Atlanta, and Elliot ended up moving out because Olivia always snapped and made comments to him when he did anything wrong.

Elliot took a trip down to Atlanta to pick up a suspect, but he also wanted to check in on Amanda. He didn't know how great her life was now that she was back in the town she fled from.

"El?" Amanda asked with wide eyes as she opened the front door to her house. 

"Hey, Amanda... uh, I came down here for a case and decided to drop by and check in on you." Elliot spoke, and Amanda swallowed hard as she avoided his eyes.

"We promised Olivia that we wouldn't be in contact with each other. That we couldn't be friends anymore or even acquaintances." Amanda sighed softly.

"I know. But we aren't really together anymore."

"What?" Amanda asked, as she finally locked eyes with Elliot again.

"We are trying a separation. It's not working because she still hates me. She still blames me for not only that night, but also for anything else that happens. Like Elsie losing her backpack." Elliot sighed.

"Elliot, you should leave." Amanda spoke nervously.

"Hey, I'm here to just check in on you. Make sure that you are okay... I haven't seen you in over a year."

"Um, I guess you can come in if you want."

"I'd like that." Elliot smiled softly.

///

Elliot walked around Amanda's living room as she went to check in on Jimmy. She had started to say something else, but stopped herself before running towards the door that had a train sticker on the outside.

As Elliot made his lap around the living room, he stopped when he saw a picture of Jimmy holding a baby wrapped in a pink knit blanket.

"Oh." Amanda breathed, as she awkwardly tucked her hair behind her ear as she saw where Elliot stood.

"You have a daughter?" Elliot asked, and Amanda swallowed hard as she nodded slowly.

"I do... Elliot-"

"Is she our daughter?" Elliot breathed, and Amanda nodded as tears burned her eyes.

"She is... I'm sorry that I didn't contact you. Olivia told me to never get in contact with anyone from Manhattan again. I couldn't talk to Fin... I didn't even feel safe enough to send Munch a retirement gift." Amanda sniffled.

"You had no other choice. You were just trying to make things easier for us... but it'll never be easy again."

"She's in my bedroom napping... if you wanted to meet her."

"What's her name?" Elliot asked, as he followed Amanda towards her bedroom.

"Jenna Mae. Jimmy is an amazing big brother. He just loves her." Amanda smiled, as she brushed tears from her cheeks.

"I bet... he was always kinder to my daughters' dolls than they were." Elliot chuckled. He looked across the room and to where Amanda had moved. He watched as she picked up the small baby before slowly moving back to him.

"Jenna, this is Elliot... he's an amazing guy and he's super kind. He is your..." Amanda trailed off as she looked up at Elliot.

"I'm your Daddy, Jenna..." 

///

Elliot went back to Manhattan with a heavy heart. He hated to leave his little girl behind, but he still had his job to do. He also had an estranged wife and four little kids to think about.

"Are they all in bed?" Elliot asked, as he stopped by the house the night he got back into town. Olivia nodded slowly as she pushed her glasses onto the top of her head before turning the TV off.

"They were disappointed that you didn't get home in time to put them to bed." Olivia sighed.

"I'm sorry, but it was a long drive. And Fin drives like an old man." Elliot said with a weak laugh.

He walked over and sat on the other side of the sofa as Olivia looked at her hands and twisted around one of her rings.

"So, I went to check in on Amanda." Elliot spoke.

"Of course you did!" Olivia growled.

"Liv, I'm not going to hide anything from you anymore. And because you told Amanda that she couldn't contact anyone here anymore, I didn't find out until three days ago that we have a daughter together."

"W-what?" Olivia struggled to speak.

"Amanda has a little girl, Jenna Mae. She's almost three months old and is so cute. I want to be involved in her life, Liv. But for that to happen, you gotta let her come back up here. So I can be around for you, our kids, and Jenna."