Forgiven, But Not Forgotten

Olivia stood in the doorway of her daughter's nursery, and she let out a small sigh. She didn't feel like she was actually where she stood, but she had been sucked into the world where her memories reside. Olivia could see her daughter's father, and she knew that the moment her daughter took her first breath, that she forgave him for leaving. For not answering her calls. For not allowing her to tell him that he is a father.

Olivia knew that everything got too hard for Elliot, and she forgave him because he gave her the best gift ever; Ellie. Olivia's daughter was the perfect mix between her father and her mother, which made the fact that Elliot wasn't around, easier on Olivia. She liked being able to pick out the little bits that were him, and see how well they complemented the parts that were all her.

A small, barely audible yawn broke Olivia from her thoughts, and she slowly walked over to the crib and looked down at the dark haired baby girl. 

"Hey, Ellie." Olivia whispered, as she reached in and ran her index finger gently over her daughter's soft cheek.

Ellie opened her eyes a bit, and looked up at her mother, who was completely devoted to her. Olivia was just in awe when she noticed Ellie staring at her. It still amazed Olivia, even after a month of being a mother, that Ellie recognized her. That her tiny daughter knew who her mother was, and would only feel completely safe when her mother held her close and sang an old lullaby that Olivia's mother sang to her.

Olivia picked her daughter up and walked over to the rocking chair that Fin bought her for her baby shower gift, and she sat down slowly and started to rock slowly. She wanted to let her daughter sleep, but she also wanted to hold her close and talk to her, and tell her how amazing she is. But as Olivia continued to work, the first time mom started to feel her eyes grow heavy, so she held her daughter just a little bit closer and felt herself fall asleep completely.

///

One Year Ago

Olivia laid with her head on Elliot's chest, as he rubbed circles into her back. Both of them were at such ease, that neither of them gave a fuck about what other people thought. They had finally given into their feelings, and they kissed, then the kissing led to so much more. Olivia had been nervous at first and couldn't stop apologizing and freaking out about what Kathy and his kids would think, but once Elliot snaked his arms around her shaking body, and he placed his lips to her shaking ones, she knew that she couldn't just push him away and leave. She knew that she needed to kiss him with all the passion she had in her body, and that night they made Ellie. However, a month later, the day before Olivia found out she was pregnant, Elliot shot a girl. He killed a girl who was shooting in their squad room. It traumatized him, and he ran.

"I love you." Elliot spoke, as he leaned down and kissed her messy brown locks.

"Really?" She smiled, and Elliot grinned when he saw the sparkle return to her eyes. She was happy, and that made him even more happy.

"Yes, Olivia! I love you so damn much!" He exclaimed, and she laughed as she buried her face in his chest and he laughed himself as he went back to rubbing her back.

"I love you too!" She replied loudly, which sent them both into a laughing fit. It was just funny to both of them that they were in love. That being just partners isn't a thing anymore. They can't go back now because they both put their deepest feelings out for everyone to see, and neither of them really wanted to go back.

"Promise to not leave me, okay?" Olivia questioned, and her voice sounded so small.

"I promise, Olivia. No more hiding. Only me and you for the rest of our lives."

///

Present

Olivia took Ellie to her well baby check up the next day, before driving to the precinct to show off how big her baby girl had grown.

"Is that my God daughter?" Fin asked, as he saw Olivia walking towards him, and Olivia nodded quickly and beamed.

"Yes, and she's gained two pounds since we left the hospital, and is hitting all the marks!" Olivia exclaimed, and Fin smiled as Olivia sat the carrier down.

"I'm so glad, baby girl." Fin spoke, as he took a quick moment to hug Olivia, before scooping Ellie from her carrier and prepared himself for hogging the baby girl the whole time she and her mother were here.

"So, any big cases?" Olivia asked, as she sat down next to Fin, and moved Ellie's hat down so it covered her ears.

"Nope, but your phone has been ringing. We just let it go to your messages." Fin spoke, and Olivia nodded slowly.

"Okay, I trust you with her, it's not like you'll give her up to another one of our detectives that wants to see her too." Olivia smiled as she walked over to her desk.

She sat down slowly and hit the buttons she needed to, before hearing the voice of her soul mate come through the phone.

"Hey Liv. Uh, this is kinda awkward, and I was hoping you'd pick up but you must be busy. I'm in Manhattan until Friday night. Maybe call me back and we can meet up at Central Park so I can see you something. Um, I love you. Actually, just show up at Central Park at 5 on Friday if you want. If not, don't worry. I'll never stop loving you. I promise."

///

Olivia took Ellie to Central Park. She got out and walked towards the entrance of the park, and saw Elliot standing with his hands shoved into his pockets, and his eyes glued to a bird in a tree. He was trying to not look suspicious, and he also wanted to not freak out because he was scared that his true love wasn't going to show up. 

"Elliot." Olivia smiled as she walked towards him. He looked over and saw her, then his jaw dropped when he saw the pink carrier in her hand.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D