A Preschool Promise: Part 2

Elliot and Olivia moved slowly at first. Both were wondering about if what they had promised each other before was really something wise to do. Elliot was a father to a beautiful little girl, and he didn't want to scare her with getting a stepmother so suddenly. Olivia was nervous about what her parents would think when she introduced them to her preschool love, one that she planned on marrying.

Then there was the fact that they are partners. Once they got married, Olivia would be transferred to a new unit and what she had started to establish would be washed away, just like a sandcastle on the beach.

"Okay, hands out from under my shirt." Olivia laughed, as she and Elliot sat in her apartment and made out. Elliot sighed, as he shifted his hands from under her shirt and gently started to rub her back.

"I'm sorry." He breathed.

"Don't be, baby. Don't be." Olivia spoke, and Elliot smiled. Olivia knew that Elliot loved when she called him baby, so she tried to do it as often as possible.

"I really think we should take the next step forward. I think you should meet Maureen, and I should meet your family. I bet your brothers are very protective of you." Elliot spoke, as he stood up and walked to Olivia's kitchen to get another beer.

"Oh yeah, they are. I'm 30, but that doesn't change a thing. And like we go from 32 to 28. We are all very close in age and very close." Olivia smiled, as she joined Elliot in the kitchen. He noticed that she was happy. Not just with him, but when she talked about her brothers and her parents, her eyes lit up and she smiled so often.

"Then let's make a deal, my love. I'll let you meet my little girl, and you take me to Buffalo to meet your parents and your brothers."

"Oh, and my tons of nieces and nephews." Olivia grinned, and Elliot chuckled.

"Maybe we should bring Maureen."

///

Elliot decided to let Maureen and Olivia meet in his home. A place where Maureen was comfortable and where she could run and hide if she wanted to if she was overwhelmed or uncomfortable.

But Elliot was surprised about how excited Maureen was. He had sat her down and told her that he had found his first love and was ready to be with her, and Maureen smiled and told her father that if he was happy with her, that she'd be a good girl and love her.

"Do you like Olivia will like my dress?" Maureen asked as Elliot brushed out her messy blonde hair. Elliot looked at his daughter through the mirror and smiled and nodded.

"Of course. She will think you look amazing." Elliot spoke. He kissed the back of her head before working her hair into a lopsided bun.

The front door was knocked on, and Maureen ran from the bathroom to go answer it. Elliot quickly ran after her and grabbed her by the waist and opened the door before she could.

"Hey, Liv." Elliot smiled.

"Hey. Uh, I take it you are Maureen?" Olivia questioned, and Maureen nodded as her eyes examined the woman her father is in love with.

Maureen couldn't help but really want Olivia to be her mother. She didn't know why, but she just knew she needed her to be her mother. 

"Well, let me sit her down and we can start making dinner. Maureen, what do you want to have?" Elliot asked, and Maureen shrugged once she was down on her feet.

"Olivia, what do you want?" Maureen smiled, and just those few words may Olivia feel like she had already won over the little girl without even saying anything really.

"I really like pizza. My Dad and Mom have a restaurant in Buffalo. Why don't we make something that my parents taught me?" Olivia asked, and Maureen nodded. She quickly grabbed Olivia's hand and pulled her towards the kitchen. Elliot watched with a smile on his face.

///

A month after Olivia and Maureen met, they, as a family, headed towards Buffalo. It was starting to snow, so it was Olivia's favorite time to be going home. No matter how long she lived in Manhattan, being home with her parents and brothers was always where she felt the most at home. And having Maureen and Elliot there was going to help.

"So, my father is Italian. Everything we do is based around food. We eat a lot of pasta and pizza, but my mother is from Hawaii. So we also eat a lot of fish and fruit. So, Maureen, you will be happy with anything we eat." Olivia smiled, as she looked back at the girl she was already so in love with.

"I'm hungry." She spoke, and Olivia and Elliot started to laugh.

"I know, I am too. My parents are so excited to meet you both." Olivia spoke, as she looked over at Elliot.

"We are excited too. I can't wait to meet who rescued you so I could take care of you and love you." Elliot whispered the last part. Olivia blushed and smiled softly.

"I'm glad they did because I wouldn't be this happy."

///

Denise and Collin were both so welcoming to Maureen and Elliot. They both fell in love with Maureen as soon as they met her, and were treating her like one of there other many grandchildren. Elliot was quickly whisked outside to the pool house where Olivia's brothers, Collin Jr., Nico, Adrian, and Luca were waiting to interrogate him.

But through all of their questions, they couldn't find any reason for him to not get all of their blessings. They thought he was a good man. He talked about their sister and his face just showed who much he loved her, and when he talked about his daughter, his face did the same thing.

So, after talking with Olivia's parents and brothers, by the end of the night while Olivia walked Elliot around in the lightly falling snow, he proposed.

"Elliot?" Olivia questioned when he dropped her hand. She turned around as she pulled her hat down and over her ears, she saw Elliot was down on one knee.

"Elliot." She whispered as tears welled in her eyes.

"You are my soulmate, Olivia. I was a very cocky little boy, but I knew you were the one for me. Thankfully I got you back. I'm so happy that you love my daughter and you love me because we love you so much. So, with the permission from your very large family, and I very scary warning from your nephews, I'd like to ask you the question I asked you nearly 26 years ago, but now I know what I mean. Olivia, will you do me the honor of marrying me? I won't be working on a train and you won't be a stay at home mom, but we will be happy." Elliot smiled, as he watched the love of his life start to cry.

"Of course, Elliot. I'd love to marry you."

Now, here is where you all decide. Book or one last part?

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D