Katherine Stabler: Final Part

Katherine ended up enjoying university. She ended up loving her major which ended up being social work. She tried her hardest to wake up every day and watch as the sun rose on campus, and to see the cute boy who did the same thing. 

"I see you every morning sitting here. You just watch the sunrise and then go back into your building." The boy questioned, and Katherine looked at the boy and smiled.

"I also come out here to watch you." She spoke, as she decided to shoot her shot.

"Oh really?" He asked, and Katherine smile and nodded.

"For 6 years we have been doing this, and on the last day of school you decide to finally approach me?" Katherine asked.

"It's kinda hard to give up on something that has been apart of my life for long. So, I have a few questions for you." He spoke, and Katherine smiled and nodded.

"Ask away, stranger." 

"What's your name? Because someone as beautiful as you must have a pretty name."'

"Katherine Stabler... it's old fashioned not exactly pretty... and your name?" Katherine asked.

"Camden Montgomery and your name is very pretty. Just like you." He smiled. Katherine laughed before sighing softly.

"Well, I've got to go get ready for graduation," Katherine spoke, before going to stand. Camden stood quickly too and stopped her.

"Can I have your number?" He breathed, and Katherine nodded slowly before grabbing her phone from her pocket. She scrolled through her contacts before landing on one.

"I believe I have yours. I asked one of my friends for it. You are under 'very cute sun boy'. I'll text you."

///

All of Katherine's family came to her graduation. In the nearly 8 years since her rape, she was doing much better. Her family was doing amazing too. Her parents surprised them all the year that Katherine went to college because there was going to be yet another surprise Stabler baby. Now, that little surprise baby is 5 and she brought so much happiness to them all.

"Sissy!" Victoria cried as she came running towards Katherine after her graduation. Katherine had walked off to the meeting point with Camden, and now it seemed like he would be meeting all of her family.

"Tori! C'mere." Katherine smiled. She squatted down and hugged her sister tightly before kissing her thick brown curls.

"I've missed you! Momma said that you are coming home now! Is that true?" Victoria asked, and Olivia smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, baby. I'll be home and I'll be spending so much time with you." Katherine smiled. She lifted her sister up before placing her on her hip, before looking at Camden who had been watching quietly behind them.

"So, is she your only sibling?" Camden asked, and Tori and Katherine laughed before they pointed in the direction of the group that was slowly making their way towards them.

"There are 7 Stabler kids. So if you want to run, I'd do it now." Katherine smiled. Camden shook his head before looking at her.

"6 years of watching you, and I don't think I want to give up on that now."

///

Katherine and Camden both went back to the east coast to where their families were. They lived only a few miles away from each other, so they were always together. Camden found out slowly about what happened to Katherine, and it didn't change the way he felt for her. Nothing could do that. Their relationship moved slowly because of what had happened, but it sped up nearly a year after they graduated. A year after they started to date.

"It's nice that we could finally get out. Between work and family... I feel like we haven't gone out on a date by ourselves in so long." Katherine spoke, as she sat down in her chair that Camden had pulled out for her.

"I know. But spending nights with your parents or mine is still nice." Camden smiled. He leaned down and kissed his girlfriend gently before sitting in front of her.

"Your house is so nice and quiet. Mine is loud and seems to get louder whenever Maureen is there with her kid and husband." Katherine smiled. She grabbed her boyfriend's hand as they read over the menu.

"Speaking of husbands and kids..."

"We weren't really talking about that, but proceed." Katherine smiled. Camden rolled his eyes before running his fingers over Katherine's knuckles.

"I'd like to be your husband. Have kids with you. Live in the same house as you. I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you, Kat, and I hope you want to do the same with me too."

"Is this us starting to discuss getting engaged, or are you going to pull out a ring soon?" Katherine asked quickly as she smiled. She had tears in her eyes and for the first time in a while, she wasn't overwhelmed, she was so very happy.

"Do you want to discuss getting engaged or can I just give you this ring?" Camden asked. He pulled out a box and opened it before sliding it across the table.

Katherine looked at the ring with wide eyes before brushing a few tears from her cheeks.

"It's beautiful, Cam... I love it... and I love you."

"Are you saying no?" Camden asked nervously.

"No, I'm saying yes... I'd love to be your wife."

///

Katherine went home that night and her mother was waiting downstairs for her. She opened the front door for her daughter before eyeing her with a smile on her lips.

"So?"

"You knew he was going to propose?" Katherine asked as she took her heels off.

"I did... and did you say yes?"

"Mom, I haven't been this happy in so long. I haven't dated anyone in my whole life and I never thought it would ever happen because of Jason. But now I'm with Camden. He's so different and he makes me smile. He understands that I have trust issues and am scared of intimacy, but he's helping me work through it." Katherine spoke.

"But what did you say?!" Olivia exclaimed, as she quickly followed her daughter up the stairs. Katherine stopped on the landing before smiling.

"I said yes. I'm not dumb."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D