Sonny and Christine

Hey guys! So this was a request from premiumcarisi who wanted a Carisi one shot. This one is about Sonny and an OC detective, Christine Dante. They both are a little shy and awkward around each other because they like each other. Everything else is my choice to write about.

As the new detective, it was hard for Sonny to really open up and be honest with those around him. He tried his best to be liked by all, but one of the detectives barely talked around him. She shook his hand and gave him a slight nod of the head when they first met but she didn't joke around with him about his horrible mustache like Detective Benson and Detective Rollins had.

"So uh, what's Dante's story?" Sonny asked, as he quietly sat down across from Olivia's desk. She looked away from her computer and gave him a weird look.

"What?" She questioned.

"Christine? What's her story? I'd like to know because then maybe I could talk to her and she'd like me." Sonny replied. Olivia looked at the young detective before shrugging.

"She's tough but quiet. None of us really know much about her. Other than Fin. Ask him, but he won't open up. He's usually as distant as Chris is." Olivia replied. She went back to looking at the computer as Sonny looked over at the dark-haired woman sitting and going through files.

He wanted to get to know her, whether she was willing or not.

///

Sonny and Christine were stuck on night duty a few weeks after he joined the unit. He kept glancing over at her, but she kept avoiding his eye contact. Eventually, Sonny stood and walked over to her. He sat on the chair beside her desk before starting to speak, but he kept stumbling over his words.

"Are you have a stroke or something?" Christine spoke. Sonny looked at her in horror.

"I'm sorry... I just can't talk sometimes." He mumbled, before standing and walking back over to his desk. He sank down onto his chair as he started to mumble to himself. He kept calling himself stupid and a complete idiot. He felt like he was those things because he completely fucked up with Christine. Already.

He sat there and started to think about the time he first set eyes on Christine. He knew he really liked her, that she was cute and someone he was interested in. But then he had to go and be awkward around her. He had to ruin what could have been something because he is nothing. He is a loser.

"Olivia told me that you were asking about me," Christine mumbled, as she kept her eyes down.

"Uh, no... I never did that." Sonny spoke, as he ran his hand over the back of his neck. He was trying to be all cool and slick, but he knew he was a doofus at heart and was kinda panicking that she was talking to him. Even if it was a mumble.

"Really? Because I may be quiet, but I can sense when you are flirting with me." Christine replied. She flipped her hair over her shoulder before finally making eye contact with Sonny. It was easier for her to talk to him when the room was empty and quiet. When she didn't have to worry about anyone else hearing what they were saying.

"Oh. Uh, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or something... I'm just trying to get everyone to like me or at least talk to me occasionally." Sonny replied.

"I don't like talking to people or letting anyone in. It will just lead me to get hurt. So, that's why we won't talk. That's why I don't want to be involved in your happy little experience here at sex crimes." Christine huffed. 

Sonny looked down at his hands before frowning.

"If you want, I'll finish the shift. You can go home." He breathed, his heart broken. He didn't hear her move, but when he looked up he saw that she had already left.

///

The morning after the small...argument or something, Christine came in to find Sonny packing a box. He avoided her at all costs and didn't even respond when she stopped by his desk.

"What the hell are you doing?" She huffed. Sonny looked at her before speaking.

"I'm leaving so you don't have to be around my happy little sex crimes experience. Last to come, first to go." Sonny replied. Christine rolled her eyes before going and sitting at her desk. She could hear as Olivia and Amanda whispered about her, but she ignored them.

She didn't know why she felt a little angry about Sonny just leaving. She was a jerk to him, but she was a jerk to a lot of people but they didn't up and leave. She was shy around him because of his past, and he was awkward around her because he had a huge crush on her. Christine swore under her breath as she looked at Sonny.

She now finally realized that he was so awkward and shy around her sometimes because he liked her. Not because he was a freak. Because he had a thing for her even is she was quiet and a jerk.

"Where are you getting transferred to?" Christine asked, and everyone was shocked that hse was asking that across the room.

"Staten Island," Sonny replied.

"So if you wanted to visit or someone wanted to visit, they'd have to take the ferry," Christine replied.

"Good for you, you are a detective." Sonny sighed. Christine rolled her eyes as she tried to be nice and interested, but instead, she was still being a jerk or something.

"Dude, take a hint. She's interested now." Amanda spoke, as she patted Sonny's back as she walked past him and to the break room.

Sonny looked at Christine with wide eyes.

"You are interested in me?" He questioned, and Christine swallowed hard before shrugging.

"Well, I kinda figured out that you were being awkward last night like teenage boys are before they ask a girl out. I don't know why you like me or something, but I guess you do I should at least try to like you back."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D