A Stabler and a Benson

Olivia's POV

I stood in front of my mirror, and finished putting the back on my earring. I could hear my husband and my youngest daughters laughing outside the door. It made me smile, but I was also nervous. My eldest daughter, Catherine, was introducing us to her boyfriend tonight, and I didn't know if I was going to like him. She's in love with him, so I kinda need to at least fake liking him.

"Ready to go?" David asked, as he and our 10 year old twins stood in the doorway of my bedroom. I turned around and smiled.

"Yeah. Uh, do I look good?" I asked, as I smoothed the skirt of my dress, and my husband smiled.

"You look stunning, Mrs. Benson-Haden." He spoke, and he couldn't help but laugh. I made the mistake of using my last name and my husbands. At least our daughters have only Haden as their last name.

"Okay, girls go put your flats on. I need to talk to your father real quick." I spoke, and the girls quickly walked from the door, and David walked towards me. He placed his hands to my waist and pulled me in for a gentle kiss. Once our lips parted, I placed my forehead against his and sighed.

"So, did Catie tell you anything about this boy?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"Nothing at all. She just said she wanted us to meet her boyfriend, and I said yes. I wanted her to come home from DC for a few days anyway." He spoke, and I nodded slowly, before sighing.

"Mind getting Maggie and Mason into the car? I'm going to touch up my make up real quick."

"Sounds like a plan, Miss." He smiled, before stealing one last kiss from my lips.

///

We went into the restaurant that my daughter and her boyfriend were meeting us at, and we sat at one of those wrap around booths. The twins were eager to see their sister, and I was too. I missed my daughter, and I hated that she had moved to DC, but that is where Child and Family services promoted her too.

"Mom, is she coming home for good?" Mason asked, and I shrugged.

"You never know, Mason." I smiled, and she nodded slowly.

"I wish she would. Maybe her boyfriend's family lives here." Maggie spoke up, and I knew that it was what Mason was thinking too. I couldn't respond fast enough, before the girls were up on their feet and heading towards Catherine and her boyfriend.

I could tell that David was going to be impressed, because our daughter's boyfriend was dressed in a fancy Naval outfit. David respects man who serve in the armed forces more than anyone else.

David and I stood up, and Catie walked towards us and smiled.

"Hey, Mom. Dad." She smiled, and I could tell she was nervous. She stepped forward and pulled me into a hug, and I held her warmly. It was nice to hug my little girl again.

 She moved to her father, before walking back over to the blonde hair man who she walked in with.

"Uh, Mom, Dad, twins. This is my boyfriend, Eli. Eli, these are my parents, Olivia and David. And my sisters are Maggie and Mason."

///

Through out the whole dinner, I kept seeing someone else when I looked at Eli. He seemed so familiar, but I didn't know from where. Maybe he just has one of those faces.

"So, Eli. Tell us some stuff about you." David said, as he sat his wine glass down, and grabbed his water.

"Well, I'm the youngest of 5." He spoke, and there was that tinge of me knowing him.

"That is a lot of siblings." David laughed, as I sat quietly.

"Yeah, but it's a great support system to have. I love them." Eli smiled, and Catie leaned over and laid her head on his shoulder.

"So, your parents? Are you close with them?" David asked, and I was glad he was partaking in this conversation, because I couldn't until I figure out who he is.

"Yes. I'm close with them, and since my parents have five kids and a hand full of grandkids, they have stayed close even if they got a divorce."

David's expression fell, and I spoke.

"What do they do for a living?" I asked, and my voice sounded unnatural. I hadn't spoken for awhile.

"My father is a private investigator, and my mother gives my older siblings free daycare." He laughed, and I nodded.

We kinda feel into an awkward silence, and Catie spoke up.

"Uh, before Eli was born, he and his mother were almost killed in a car accident." She spoke, and I knew who he was now.

"Excuse me." I breathed, and I started to move towards my husband, and he stood up. I quickly walked away from the table, and outside into the cold air. 

It wasn't long before my daughter came out, and she stood next to me.

"Are you having an anxiety attack? Do you want me to get Dad? Want some water?" She asked quickly, and I shook my head.

"No, Catie. I'm fine." I breathed, and she reached out and touched my shoulder.

"Mom, why did you leave when I brought up the accident? Did it bring back something?"

"Before I married your father and got pregnant with you, I was in a car accident. I was barely hurt, just a few cuts and bruises."

"Okay, did you kill someone?" She asked, and I quickly shook my head.

"No. But I was taking my friend's wife to a doctors appointment. She was pregnant, and when we were hit by the drunk driver, she and her son almost died. I know Eli's parents. I was really close with his father."

"Mom, is that why you were quiet for so long? Why you have barely asked him questions?"

"Yeah, but I have more reasons, Catie. Why don't you go in. We don't want your sisters to terrorize Eli."

"Momma, what else?" She breathed, and tears welled in my eyes.

"Eli's father was my best friend. We worked together at SVU, and he was my only family. I loved him, Catie." 

Hey guys! So this is going to be two one shots, or maybe three because I have a plan. Thanks for reading, and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D