A Soulmate Blind Date

Olivia had finally given up on finding her soulmate. She had dreamed of just looking across a packed room and finding his eyes and just knowing, but after many failed relationships she didn't believe in soulmates anymore.

"So, I was wondering if you would do me a huge favor," Alex spoke, as she sat down on the edge of Olivia's desk. Elliot had left for the night, so Olivia didn't have anyone to talk to while she finished her paperwork.

"I can't do favors tonight, Alex," Olivia spoke, as she pointed at the large pile of paperwork sitting in front of her.

"Yeah, you can. You can help me out and then come back here and finish your paperwork. Deal?" Alex asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"I'm busy, Alex. Please just understand that," Olivia replied quietly.

"Honey, you haven't went on a date in over a year. So, I went over and raided your closet. There is a dress and heels in the locker room. Change into it and meet me out here in 20 minutes. You and I are double dating tonight."

"Alex! What the hell?!" Olivia exclaimed, but Alex just smiled. She was proud of herself.

"Daniel has a friend who hasn't had any luck with girls. He has given up, and so have you. So you are going to meet him tonight and we will see if anything sparks. Now, go change. We have an Uber arriving in 20 minutes. So hurry."

///

Trevor sat with his best friend Daniel as they waited for the girls to show up. Trevor was a little anxious about meeting Alex's best friend.

"Tell me about her," Trevor spoke.

"Tell you about who?" Daniel asked, as he looked through his emails.

"Alex's friend. What's her story?" Trevor replied.

"She's Alex's age and she is a cop. She is super sweet and caring. She is really in love with her job and loves helping people. She has a huge heart, and I think you two will really hit it off."

"If she is amazing as you say she is, then why is she still single? I would think that someone would have snatched her up awhile ago." Trevor sighed.

"She has had a rough life. Her mom wasn't the best and she has just had bad luck with men. But she's the best, Trevor. Trust me." Daniel replied, as he stood.

"Where are you going?" Trevor questioned quickly, as he went to stand.

"The girls are almost here. Just finish your drink and I'll bring them in."

"I can-"

"I don't want you to fuck it up already." Daniel laughed deeply as he moved from the table.

///

Daniel escorted Olivia and Alex into the restaurant. He was in between them, their arms looped through his. Daniel kept glancing over at Olivia as they weaved through the restaurant. When they got to the table, Olivia stopped slowly and saw the man sitting at the table anxiously spinning his glass.

"Trevor, this is Olivia Benson. Liv, this is Trevor Langan." Daniel spoke, as he moved to a chair and pulled it out for his fiancee. Olivia gave Trevor a shaky smile, as he stood. Her eyes quickly looked over his tall body and realized that they would look like Mutt and Jeff.

"It's nice to meet you, Olivia. You look amazing." Trevor spoke, as he shook her hand before leaning down and ever so gently pecking her cheek.

"You are so tall." Olivia squeaked out before feeling her cheeks grow warm from embarrassment. But then she heard Trevor's deep laugh and she felt her heart skip a beat. She looked up at him before smiling as largely as possible. She looked away when her eyes met his sparkling blue eyes, and moved towards a chair.

"Let me get that for you. Daniel wants me to be a gentleman, so I'm trying to be just that." Trevor breathed, and Olivia nodded.

///

They didn't talk a lot, but they did share a few quiet comments with each other. Trevor did notice how reserved Olivia was, but when she leaned over and whispered something to him, he knew that she felt the same way he did.

"I haven't been on a date in a year, so I'm just a little nervous about this all. That's why I'm not talking a lot. But I really do like you, so I'll be getting your number at the end of this dinner." Olivia whispered, and Trevor turned and smiled at her.

"The last time I was on a date, the lady got drunk and spilled soup all over my pants. So this date has gone a million times better." Trevor grinned, and he watched as Olivia brought her napkin to her mouth as she tried her hardest to not laugh.

"Were you okay?" She breathed.

"Ruined a pair of pants, but everything else is just fine." He spoke before his face grew red. Olivia laughed loudly that time, and Alex and Daniel looked over at them.

"Are you okay?" Alex questioned.

"I'm fine. We are fine. Uh, I hate to do this but I have a ton of paperwork that has to be done by tomorrow night." Olivia spoke, as she stood slowly. Trevor stood quickly and dropped enough money on the table for the whole bill.

"I'll walk you out." He replied with a small smile.

///

Olivia and Trevor walked towards the precinct together. She was going to get a taxi back, but she just couldn't stop herself from talking to Trevor. They talked about work and they also talked about their bad luck with dates as of late.

"You know that I haven't had a date as good as the one I just had in a while," Olivia spoke, as Trevor grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"Wanna go out tomorrow night? But not with Alex and Daniel." Trevor spoke, and Olivia stopped and moved in front of him as they still held hands.

"You wanna go on another date with me? Even after I laughed at your embarrassment?" She asked, and Trevor nodded slowly.

"It's weird that I feel like we know each other."

"Trevor-"

"I mean like I feel like we've known each other our whole lives. I know that we haven't, but I love that feeling. So please, go out with me tomorrow night." Trevor spoke, and Olivia stepped forward and drew him down to her height before pressing a firm kiss to his shaking lips.

Hey guys! This was requested by Elliot_Michael_, and this is the first time I have ever wrote Langson I believe but I really liked it. Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D