Not Lonely Anymore

Olivia sat at her desk, as she waited for the day to be over. She had a date, but it wasn't with a human. It was with a bottle of red wine. Olivia knew that at some point she'd need to seek help relating to her drinking issues,  but right now all she knew is that wine numbed her. It keep her from focusing on her loneliness.

But as she read through an email, another one came through from her old partner, Nick. She smiled as she hit it, and read through it slowly.

Liv,

Benson, this is going to be short and sweet because I'm in Manhattan and I'd like to see you.

Nick

Olivia knew that she wanted to go home, but she hadn't seen Nick in awhile, and after everything she's been through, seeing one of her best friends may help with her loneliness.

---

Olivia called Nick and they went out to a bar to have drinks, and as soon as Olivia saw Nick, she stood from her bar stool and hugged him. He hugged her back and didn't let go for a few minutes.

"I've missed you and the crew so much." Nick spoke, as he sat down on the bar stool next to her. He did miss her and the crew, but mostly her. He has been hiding a secret crush on his former boss for awhile, but even if she was his boss and it was inappropriate, she was his friend above everything.

"We've missed you too, but being without your drama has been nice." She teased, and he laughed as he pointed at Olivia's wine. The bartender nodded at him and went to get Nick his wine, as he turned to look at Olivia.

"So, how has life been?" Olivia questioned, as she looked at the handsome man to her side.

"It's been decent. I've been focusing on Gil and Zara."

"I'm sure you have a woman in your life too." She laughed, because she really hope he says that he isn't with anyone. From the moment she met him, she felt attracted to him. She had feelings for Elliot for a few years of their partnership, but once she got over those, she noticed how she felt so attracted to him.

"No, I don't. I guess I've kinda given up on woman, but I can't find the one." He spoke, and he really wanted to say that the woman he wanted was so close, but he couldn't get her.

"I've been in that boat for my whole life. Nothing but heartbreakers and married men. I've made so many mistakes, but at least you have kids." Olivia frowned, and Nick reached over and gently rubbed her back, and when his hand touched her body, she physically shook and she felt chills run down her back. No one has made her feel like that before.

"Liv, eventually everything will work out. How about we go get something for dinner instead of getting drunk? My drink." He smiled.

---

After eating with Olivia, she felt completely excited about what might come from having her friend back in town, and so did Nick. He had already asked her to go out and have some dinner with her the next night, and he planned on kissing her. He planned on kissing her with all the passion in his body because he was tired of giving up. 

"Why are you so happy?" Sonny asked, as Olivia sat a cup carrier full of coffee cups on the main table in the squad room.

"Because I'm just happy, Carisi. Now take the coffee before I decide to take it back." She spoke, and he nodded. He grabbed a cup and started to drink it, as Amanda joined him. They talked quietly as Olivia went into her office.

Amanda was curious of what was happening, and she decided to ask.

"So, Sonny thinks you might've met someone." Amanda spoke, as she sat on the leather couch and leaned back. Olivia turned around to put her bag on the floor, and she tried to get her face to go back to normal, because as soon as Amanda had questioned her face had turned a bright red.

"Uh, I didn't meet someone, I just found an old friend and we are talking and hanging out." She spoke, and Amanda nodded slowly.

"Nick's back in town." Amanda breathed, and Olivia turned around and tried to look surprised.

"Really?" She questioned.

"Yeah. I asked if he wanted to get some drinks or dinner, but he said he is seeing someone. Maybe you could get it out of him?" Amanda asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I'll try if I see him."

---

Olivia found out after seeing if Nick was really seeing someone, that she was the one he was seeing. It made her feel awkward, but then that's when he kissed her. Her lips melted into his, and she felt so great. She didn't feel lonely.

"Nick, I'm old." Olivia spoke, as Nick placed his forehead to her's.

"You are not old, Liv. You can't try and turn me off, because I think you are so damn attractive." He smiled, and she laughed softly, before placing her hands to his cheeks and kissing his lips.

"At least I'm not old enough to be your mother." She spoke, after she pulled away.

"A few years short, love." He smiled, and she rolled her eyes as she laughed. He knew she wasn't upset, because there had always been laughing and joking between each other.

"I think Amanda likes you." Olivia sighed, as they sat on the couch and went back to drinking wine, but they were holding hands.

"Well, we did sleep together for a bit. But now I'm not interested. I was going through a divorce, I was self destructing." He replied, and he could see a nervous expression on her beautiful face.

"Liv, I've changed."

"So you don't sleep with random people anymore?" She asked, and Nick nodded.

"I haven't slept with anyone since I left. I've been able to push myself into a relationship or into one night stands, because I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. But now I'm not lonely anymore. I want to move back here to be with you, if that is what I need to do."

"What about your children?" She mused.

"There is always a plane and video calls. I can manage, trust me." He spoke, and she sighed as she sat her glass down.

"Well, if you put it that way." She spoke, before kissing him hard.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D