The Unwanted Daughter: Part Two

"So this is the slut's daughter?" The oldest of the two boys spat. Bay's face reddened, and she just wanted to die right now. She hated that they knew about what her mother does for a living.

"Richard Stabler!" Elliot yelled, but Bay shook her head.

"He's right. My mother's a slut..." Bay whispered.

"So you know? Are you one too?" One of the older blonde girls asked.

"Kath-"

"Please, Mr. Stabler. Let them say what they need to say. It's better for them to say it now, instead of spreading rumors about me." Bay spoke, as strongly as she could. She hated doing this. She hated having to admit that she is a prostitute's daughter and that she was just the aftermath of a broken condom.

"No, because you are their sister! They should respect you like they respect each other. So no more talking about her mother or your sister that way. Now, Bay, please sit down and have a snack." Elliot spoke, but Bay shook her head just a bit.

"No, thank you. I'm sorry." She breathed, before taking off.

It happened so quickly, but Bay had been pushed over the edge. She would rather sleep under a bridge in the snow than stay here.

///

In the heart of Manhattan, Olivia Benson was walking home from a meeting. It was downpouring, but her partner had taken their sedan home in the morning and she left her car at home. She was heading home so that she could order something for dinner, but as she was walking, she heard sobbing over the sound of the rain. She turned around a few times and looked for the source of the sobbing. When she found it, she walked towards the girl sitting in the doorway of a closed business. She was trying to stay out of the rain, but she looked soaked, even if she was sitting in the dry doorway.

"Sweetie?" Olivia asked quietly.

"Am I in your way?" The girl asked, tearfully. She tried to wipe her tears away, but she couldn't stop crying.

"No, you aren't. I'm just worried about you. Are you hurt?" Olivia asked, and the girl swallowed hard.

"No, I just... You look busy, I don't need to bother you with my story." Bay whispered. She wiped the tears from her cheeks, before standing up. She swayed a bit, and Olivia grabbed her arm to steady her.

"Come on," Olivia spoke. She knew that she was looking at an emotionally drained girl, and instead of having her sleep on the street, in the cold rain, she decided to take her home. She didn't look dangerous, and if she could give her some food and a warm place to sleep before finding where she belongs.

"What?" Bay questioned, as she wiped a stray raindrop from her forehead.

"I'm a cop, don't worry. You can sleep on my couch tonight, and I can get you into some warm, dry clothes. And I'm gonna need some help finishing a pizza." Olivia smiled.

"I don't want to impose."

"You won't be. Come on, I live a few blocks away." 

Bay gave the nice woman a small nod, before following her. Bay was starving and every time she moved her feet, she heard the water drip a bit from the holes in the bottom of her shoes.

A warm place to sleep, clean clothes, and food sounded amazing.

///

Olivia gave the girl some warm clothes, before sending her to take a warm shower. She went into the kitchen and made some tea. She might be able to get some information from her, like maybe if she's a runaway or a foster kid. She could get her into a safe home the next morning before she goes to work if it turns out to be that she is a foster kid.

"Thanks for the clothes. Once mine are dry, I'll give these back." Bay spoke, as she walked into the kitchen in a large NYPD sweatshirt and a pair of black sweats. She was comfortable, but she didn't like wearing something that said NYPD on it. It just made her think about Elliot, and how he was probably relieved that she had run away.

"It's okay. I have a ton of NYPD items. Now, want some tea?" Olivia spoke, and Bay nodded slowly. She sat down and grabbed the small diary from the pocket of the NYPD sweatshirt. She was surprised that it hadn't gotten wet when she ran. 

She opened it up and pulled out five dollars. It was all the money she had, and she hid it in her diary because she always had it with her.

"Is this enough for a piece of pizza and some tea? Also letting me use your shower and borrow some clothes?" Bay asked. She wanted to have more money to give the nice detective, but this is all she has to her name.

"You don't have to pay me. I'm supposed to help those who need help. Now, even if I'm helping you out of the goodness of my heart, I'd like you to at least tell me if you have a family." Olivia breathed.

"I do. Well, I guess I do." Bay replied.

"You guess?" Olivia questioned, as she sat a mug down in front of the girl, as she sat at her counter.

"I was just placed with my Dad and his family. They don't want me, but this is my last chance at having a home."

"Your father... Why do you think he doesn't want you?" Olivia asked. She had a feeling that the girl she was talking to was Elliot's daughter. He had to leave Olivia at the precinct because he had forgotten that he was getting a delivery today, and Bay had to be that.

"Because. I'm just the aftermath of a broken condom. My mom, she has never been in my life. And if she doesn't want me, why would he?" Bay sighed.

Never once did this girl have a family, and now when she had thought she might've at least found a safe place to sleep, she lost it.

"Bay, I know your Dad." Olivia breathed, and Bay's eyes went wide.

"What?"

"Elliot Stabler? He's my partner." Olivia spoke, and Bay quickly climbed off of her chair. She went running from the apartment, but Olivia caught her.

"I'm not going to call him!" Olivia exclaimed as Bay yelled at her to let her go.

"You aren't?" Bay asked, tearfully.

"No, I'm not. You can stay tonight, but tomorrow we have to talk about this. Okay?"

"You promise?" Bay whimpered, as she rested her head against Olivia's shoulder.

"I promise."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D