The New Detective

"Can everyone come in here, please?" Captain Cragen spoke, as he walked out of his office. He looked over at his detectives, but none of them were moving. Elliot yawned and reached for his phone, but Cragen spoke louder.

"My office, now!" He yelled, and the detectives all sighed and walked into his office.

Monique sat in one of the chairs in front of his desk, Elliot on the other one. While Brian and John leaned against the wall.

"So, what is this about? You woke Brian up from his nap because you had to talk to us." John smiled, as he elbowed his partner. 

"We are getting a new detective." He spoke, and Elliot sighed as he leaned back in the chair and crossed his arms over his chest.

"We have four detectives right now. Why do we need another one? It's not like he'll go out and do anything. He'll just sit here on his ass and do what John likes to do." Elliot replied, and Cragen just sighed.

"Detective Benson will be here in an hour. Monique, you are moving desks. Elliot, Benson will be your new partner, deal with it."

///

The detectives were all annoyed about the fact that they were getting another detective. Brian was upset because it wasn't a girl, as far as they knew because female detectives were still rare. Monique was tired of being surrounded by guys, Elliot didn't want to trade partners, and John was pretty much okay with the idea. He may be able to just work from the precinct instead of sitting in a stinky sedan with Brian Cassidy for hours on end.

"Do you think we could drive him away?" Elliot asked, as he stood next to the coffee pot, as he started to make another pot.

"Well, we have John Munch, he can scare anyone away with his stupid conspiracy theories." Monique sighed, as Brian leaned against the counter and read one of the posters on the wall. 

"Maybe he'll just be really bad at being a detective." Brian sighed, as he looked at the two more senior detectives. They both looked down because they had a hard time not telling him how stupid he is. This detective may be better than him.

"We have a case! John, take Brian down to the bodega on the corner of Oak and 32nd. Monique and Elliot, find as much information on a person named Cameron Ashton. He's the vic and we need to figure out why anyone would want to kill him.

///

While the crew worked hard on finding the person who killed Cameron Ashton, Olivia Benson got stuck up on doing paper work at the first precinct. Her hands were shaking as she signed her name on several pieces of paper. 

"I have to do a psychological evaluation?" She questioned, as she looked at one of the detectives who were over seeing the paperwork that needed to be down before she could be sent to SVU.

"Yup. Make sure you won't eat your gun or anything." He replied, as he played solitaire with a deck of cards.

"Oh, well then." Olivia sighed. She continued to sign the paperwork and give as much of her medical information as she could think of, but she couldn't write her father's name down.

"I think I'm done with this part. Mind checking it?" She asked the detective, and he groaned before nodding.

He took the papers into his hand before looking up at Olivia.

"You didn't write your father's name on here. Kinda need that." He laughed, and she sighed as she looked down at the pen she still held in hand.

"I don't know his name. There isn't one on my birth certificate." Olivia spoke, and he looked a little embarrassed.

"Okay, I'll just make a note about this for your Captain. I'll call the head shrinker and get you down there."

 ///

Several hours later than planned, Olivia walked into her new precinct, the one she planned on being her home for years to come. She was nervous to say the least. She ran her hand through her hair, as she tried to shake out any tangles as she walked to the elevator.

"Uh, excuse me?" Olivia asked an officer.

"Yes?" She spoke, as she stopped to look at Olivia.

"What floor is Sex Crimes?" Olivia questioned quickly.

"Oh, uh, it's on the 12th floor. Do you need help?" She asked, worriedly.

"Oh! I'm fine. I'm just one of the new detectives!" Olivia exclaimed, and the office just gave her a small nod before walking away.

Olivia didn't feel very welcomed at the moment, but she was determined. But as a Benson, determination is in her blood and she was determined to stay here and fight for those who can't fight anymore.

///

"Look alive." John spoke, as he stood and walked towards a woman who seemed lost and nervous. He and Elliot finished the walk together.

"Ma'am, is there anything we can help you with?" Elliot asked, because he was thankful to not be thinking about the murder for a moment.

"Oh, uh, I'm looking for Captain Cragen." She spoke, and Elliot sighed.

"Right through there. That is his office." Elliot spoke, before turning and walking towards his desk.

Olivia quickly walked through the path between desks, and she knocked lightly on the door. Captain Cragen told her to come in, and when she opened the door he gave her a thankful smile.

"Detective Olivia Benson, correct?" He spoke, and she nodded.

"Yeah, that's me. Sorry for not getting here until now. I had a lot of paperwork to do."

"Well, welcome to Sex Crimes, I'm Captain Don Cragen." He spoke, as he stood and walked around the desk to shake her hand.

"Thank you so much for letting me join your squad. It means a lot to me and my mother for me to do this."

"I did my research. I'm sorry for what happened." He spoke, and she shrugged.

"It happened, and I'm here now to fight for those who it is happening to now. But, if I get too involved please tell me. I don't want to get overwhelmed." She spoke, and he nodded.

"Okay, well come on. I'll introduce you to the squad."

Olivia and Don walked from his office, and he cleared his voice. The detectives all looked at him, as Olivia awkwardly flipped her shield in her hand.

"Okay, Elliot and you all, this is Detective Olivia Benson." He spoke, and Elliot didn't hear anything else after that.

He just stared at his new partner, and knew he had to have her.

I won't be updating tomorrow, sorry! But I'll try sometime Sunday!

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D