Fearless

Not full on but a little bit of Bensaro! Alright read on! :D

Sympathetic smiles covered the faces of my squad as Nick wrapped his arms around me and led me out of the beach house. He kept my close to his side, trying to give me that need for safety, but also the gentle human contact that I craved.

"We should get you into an ambulance." Nick breathed, and I shook my head.

"I'm fine." I lied, and he shook his head.

"Liv, please." He spoke, and tears ran down my cheeks.

"I don't want to go to the same hospital as Lewis." I mumbled, and he nodded.

---

I woke up in the hospital, screams coming from my mouth. I wasn't aware of where I was, and all I was doing was replaying what Lewis had did to me.

Two weeks of horrible beatings. He wasn't man enough to rape me, and it might have been because I didn't fight him. When he tried, I was just laying there, and since I wasn't fighting, he didn't want to.

"How is our fearless warrior?" Cragen spoke quietly, and I looked at him.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, trying to calm my breathing.

"Not long. But how are you?" he asked before sitting down next to me. I swallowed hard and smiled awkwardly.

"I'm fine, Don."

"Liv, I know that you don't want to tell me, but you are hurting, I can tell." He breathed, and I ran my good hand through my tangled hair.

"Can we drop it?" I asked, and he frowned.

"Okay. Then do you want to tell me how Lewis got so beat up?" He asked.

"I got out of my handcuffs and I hit him to get him down so I could handcuff him to the bed frame." I spoke, and he nodded.

"Okay. Well, I'm going to give you some time to rest. I'll be back later." He spoke. He stood and gently kissed my forehead, and I watched as he walked out.

"Thanks for fighting, Liv. We couldn't lose you." He breathed, without turning around and tears streamed down my cheeks.

---

I was released the next day, after lots of begging and whining. Nick came and picked me up and took me to his house. I was staying with him, Zara, and his mother until Brian got back into town and I could stay with him again.

"I don't want to impose." I whispered, and Nick pulled into his driveway.

"You could never be an imposition, Liv." He replied, and I nodded slowly.

"Thanks." I whispered. He looked at me and frowned.

"Liv, why are you whispering?" He asked, and I crossed my arms and looked down.

"I don't know. I just don't have enough energy or confidence to talk any louder." I frowned, and he reached over and touched my arm gently.

"Sweetie-" He started, but the front door of his house opened up, and Zara squealed and ran down the stairs. Nick sighed and climbed out before walking around and picking Zara up.

"Hey love!" He smile, and I slowly opened the door to his car, and climbed out slowly, wincing from the pain.

"Is Liv really staying with us?" She asked, and Nick chuckled.

"Yeah, are you excited?" Nick asked, and Zara nodded.

Nick sat her down, before she hugged my legs. I swallowed hard and messed up her hair.

"Hey, Zara. How are you?" I asked, and she smiled.

"Wanna play barbies with me?" She asked, and I smiled softly.

"Maybe later." I replied, and she frowned, but got over it quickly because she was talking about everything. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and frowned.

"Liv, want help?" Nick asked as he grabbed my suitcase.

"No, I'm fine. I just wish you lived on street level." I spoke, and he chuckled.

"Come on, I'll help you."

I leaned on Nick as we climbed the stairs. We got inside and Zara pulled me straight to the dinner table.

"Grandma made dinner!" She exclaimed.

"Zara helped." Nick's mother spoke, and I smiled.

"Then this has to be delicious."

---

After everyone went to bed, I climbed out of the guest bed and went outside. I slowly lowered myself onto the top stair and ran my hands through my hair. I looked down at my hands and at the brace. He had broken my wrist, not bad enough to require a cast, but enough to warrant a brace.

I also could see the cuts and bruises that covered my body, because even though they weren't visible to the human eye at the moment, I knew exactly where they were.

"Olivia?" Nick whispered, as he came out into the cold night air. 

"It's cold out here. You shouldn't be out here." I spoke, and he sat down next to me. He looked at me and I sighed.

"Is it possible for you to wear a shirt when sleeping?" I asked, and he chuckled.

"Let's not talk about me. Why are you out here?" He questioned, and I frowned.

"Couldn't sleep." I replied.

"Because?" he asked.

"I'm scared." I whimpered, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to his chest.

"Why are you scared?" he asked, as I cried quietly.

"Nightmares." I whimpered.

Nick kissed my temple, and frowned.

"Nightmares are normal."

"Not for me." I cried. I moved away from him and cried quietly. He frowned.

"Liv." He spoke, and I shook my head.

"I'm supposed to be fearless." I sobbed.

"You are fearless, Liv. You are strong. You beat that son of a bitch. You survived." Nick spoke, as he looked at me with passion in his eyes. I swallowed hard, and watched him.

"Nick, why can't I be fearless now?" I asked, and he frowned deeply.

"Because you have the right to be scared." He spoke. He leaned over and gently kissed my cheek, before pulling me back into his arms. I continued to cry and he continued to hold me. 

"We should go back inside." Nick said, once my tears had stopped. I nodded slowly and he helped me to my feet. We stood for a moment, before he cupped my cheek and gently kissed me.

Well that wasn't what I thought would happen. I pulled away after a moment before hugging me.

"Now look who is fearless."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! Thanks! :D Also please comment new one shot ideas! :D