Forgotten Memories: Part Two

A loud gasp left her throat as she sat up quickly and panted hard. Olivia woke up out of a deep sleep and did not know why. 

"Babe?" Elliot yawned, as he rolled over to face where Olivia was sitting up. It had been over two years since Olivia was found, and life had been amazing for her. However, now everything seemed more scary than anything else.

"El." Olivia whimpered, as she reached for Elliot. He sat up quickly and turned on the lamp before wrapping his arms around Olivia and holding her tightly.

Olivia whimpered and cried on and off for a while before she grew calm in Elliot's arms.

"Are you okay?" Elliot asked softly, as he smoothed Olivia's long brown hair. 

"I don't know. Something woke me up." Olivia whispered as she clung to Elliot. 

"If you don't know, then we can try to figure out what it was. Love-"

"Go back to bed, El. I'm going to get up."

"Olivia, you will not hang out alone. Just lay back down and if you remember what woke you up, just tell me. Okay? I love you." Elliot spoke before forcing Olivia to lie down. He laid beside her and smoothed her hair as stray tears slipped down her cheeks.

Elliot fell asleep, but Olivia didn't. She just kept laying there and thinking about everything. As her thoughts clouded her mind, she stopped when a name kept spinning around in her head.

Ava.

It was as if Olivia could see that name in bold letters that popped up all over. 

///

Olivia sat in her therapist's office and took a slow breath after telling her about the name that had been folding her mind since early that morning.

"Do you think it's your name?" Dr. Post asked as she sat across from Olivia.

"No, I don't... I almost think it's my child's name... I have a healed scar from a c-section, and all I can think about is where that child may be." Olivia breathed, as her finger absently traced the healed scar on her stomach.

"Why do you think her name popped up now?"

Olivia blushed at the question before hesitantly standing. She paced the room as her thoughts drifted away from Ava and towards her life with Elliot.

"I've been with Elliot for two years. We have been trying to have a baby together because I don't know how old I am. I guess that maybe that is why. Maybe trying for a baby is bringing back some of my old memories." Olivia rambled as she paced back and forth.

Dr. Post took some notes before turning to look at Olivia.

"Would you like to try again?" Dr. Post spoke, and Olivia swallowed hard before hesitantly moving back to her spot.

"Please."

Dr. Post had been trying a different therapy with Olivia. She'd have Olivia talk about a moment she could remember clearly, and they'd move from there. Usually, it would allow Olivia's memory to grow, and this time it did more than ever before.

///

When Elliot got home, he found his girlfriend shoving as many of her items into a duffle bag as she could. He stared at her for a moment, before snapping out and moving to where he stood. He grabbed her arms and stopped her from continuing.

"Are we breaking up or something?" Elliot asked with wide eyes. Olivia shook her head, before she stepped forward and hugged Elliot tightly.

"No, we aren't breaking up. I'm not married, so we can continue to be together."

"Babe, you don't know if you are married somewhere else. I get-"

"I think that I'm from Salt Lake City, or near it. I have memories of being there with my daughter. Ava. I don't know her middle or last name, I don't even know my name... but I know that my child's name is Ava. In my memory, she's only four, and she has long brown hair and dark brown eyes."

Elliot looked at Olivia for a moment before nodding slowly.

"Let me grab some clothes." He spoke as he walked over to his dresser.

"What?"

"I'm going with you. In case you were dropped here for some reason. So-"

"I don't know who Ava's father is."

"You'll figure that out, especially once we see her."

///

The couple packed up bags before getting on a flight to Utah. Olivia was shaking the entire flight, and Elliot couldn't even keep her calm. Olivia stayed that anxious from the moment they left New York and the entire time they searched for Ava.

"We are never going to find her." Olivia mumbled, as she, and Elliot stopped at a small cafe to get coffee and a doughnut.

"We will find her, Liv." Elliot replied softly. He wrapped his arm around her waist as they continued through the line. As Olivia looked at the menu, the woman taking the orders smiled.

"I haven't seen you in forever, Olivia." 

Olivia glanced at the woman, her eyes full of confusion.

"Huh?"

"You and Ava haven't been in here in ages. Did you two move?" The woman asked, as Elliot turned and watched Olivia carefully.

"Things were complicated... I got into an accident and I have a spotty memory. Do you know where I lived or-"

"The last I knew, you were living with Kevin's parents and taking care of them. Ever since he ran away, you had stepped up to take care of them and made sure they had a good relationship with their only grandbaby." The girl smiled weakly before looking at Elliot.

"Can we have that address? Olivia's memory is terrible." Elliot frowned, and the girl looked between them for a moment before nodding.

"It's the big Victorian house at the center of town. You can't miss it."

///

Olivia slowly walked up the brick path. She had asked Elliot to wait at the end of the path, especially since she didn't know what would happen.

What if Ava wasn't here anymore? What if Kevin had done this all and caused her to lose her memories?

Olivia tried her hardest to stop herself from having all these scary thoughts, and before she knew it, she was standing at the front door with her finger hovering over the doorbell.