Manhattan Sex Crimes

[Kinda contains spoilers]

By Captain Olivia "Liv" Margaret Benson

In New York City, there are many, and I mean many precincts. There are 77 precincts just in New York City, and the one I became a detective at is the 16th precinct, or as we call it, the 1-6. Now I'm writing this book because my son told me it would be a fun thing to do since I retired and am just waiting on him to graduate from college before heading off to Paris.

New York City is known for its restaurants, sights, clubs, and unfortunately, the crime. As an officer who worked for the NYPD for nearly 30 years, I've seen almost every crime possible, but people just get more and more ambitious.

I've seen rapes, sexual assaults, murders, kidnappings, sex rings. You name it, I've seen it. 

I've been sexually assaulted, kidnapped more than once, my throat was slit, I've been shot at. I've been abandoned by my partner, and if that jackass is reading this, Elliot Stabler, thanks for nothing...

---

In 1999, I got promoted to being a detective for Manhattan Sex Crimes, we call it SVU, while others call it a waste of funding. I don't know about my fellow detectives, well the ones that used to work for me, but I always get attached to the victims.

Lieutenant Amanda Rollins-Carisi had a horrible experience when she got attached to a young woman who was being abused by her father, and when there was a shootout, it was the bullet from her gun that fatally killed Esther.

Sergeant Dominick "Sonny" Carisi couldn't stop a boy from shooting up his school or save a woman from bleeding out. He couldn't even save his own niece from being hurt in a very sexual way.

My best friend, Odafin Tutola, which we lovingly call Fin and every once and awhile, Grandpa when he is being cute about talking about his grandson, really doesn't get attached too often, but it might be because he doesn't run after perps and is a very chill man.

But then there is me. I got so attached to a case, that I adopted the boy, and he is now my freaking amazing 19-year-old son, Noah. His mother was a prostitute, and you'd never know. Minus the first three years of his life when he was sick all the time. His mother, Ellie, was in jail when I found him. He was apart of a kiddie porn ring, and he was given as a gift to one of the perps, and that really says it all. Ellie ended up getting murdered, and Noah's father, Johnny Drake, killed her and then shot up the courtroom during his trial.

Getting my son was one of the hardest things I have ever done because it was just so stressful, but every ounce of stress was worth it because I ended up with my son.

---

Now that I've written many chapters, I do not know how to organize them. I do not know how I'm supposed to fit in everything that has happened while I worked for Manhattan SVU, into a small book. But there is so much more. And since I no longer work for the NYPD, minus helping on certain cases if they really need my help, I have so much time to put all of my experience into something you can read. Something that you can understand and really realize how bad everything is here.

I guess I should share some information on my hardest cases. And before you even try to get me sued, I have permission from the families of those that were apart of these cases.

I dealt with one regarding my half-brother, which I only found out about a few days before I thought he tried to run me over with his car. We share a father, but Simon's conception was intentional, mine was forceful and the source of pain in my life and the life of my mother.

There was one that I worked on with my partner, Elliot Stabler, which really caused some issues in our relationship. He kept saying that I wasn't a good detective, that I wasn't watching my back and that's why one of the little kids we were trying to get back got murdered. I had been put in a spot where either I shoot the perp, or the perp shoots Elliot. That honestly was the hardest part of the case, because Elliot was my partner. I was the one, the only one there to try and let him go home to his wife and kids. I left SVU after that case, and not only was it because he pissed me off, it was because I loved him, and even if I called him a jackass, he is still the absolute love of my life. He is the reason why I never settled down or had more children, but I was lucky when I adopted Noah.

One case that I can never forget happened at a time in my life where I started to feel lost. I was working a rape case in a newly opened hotel. The girl wasn't really raped. She and her family were trying to get money from it all, and they almost did until we figured out what happened. In the middle of the case, my former Captain, Donald Cragen, called me into his office and broke the news to me; my drunken mother had walked out of her favorite bars and fell down the stairs of the subway. She had always been a drunk, and that is how she died.

---

William Lewis.

Just read that name and think about why I am dedicating a full chapter to a man named William Lewis.

Is he my lover? My friend? My enemy? Friends with benefits? 

No to all of the above.

He is the bastard that kidnapped me, twice. The second time I kinda let him because I needed to save the young girl he had taken to prove a point to me.

He was obsessed with me. Like I'm not joking, he spends every day thinking about me and making me pay.

The first time he held me for several days, beating me, denying me food and water, and killing people in front of me. I beat his ass once I got out of my restraints, and I know that after I broke his face, he wish had broke mine.

I was really depressed and anxious after that. I couldn't sleep without thinking about what he did, and my relationship with one of the men that I loved for so long, was ruined. I even thought that part of my healing process should be getting pregnant, but I never did, thankfully. 

Then he took me again, and he tried to frame me for killing him. That time he tried to rape me, but when I didn't fight him, he lost interest.

---

Manhattan SVU will always be my home... And these people, all of them, will always be a part of my life. And my crew will always be my family, and I will love them forever.

Hey guys! This was different and sorry for some spoilers. Hopefully, you've watched all of the episodes. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! Thanks for reading! :D