Mistakes: Final Part

Olivia stood back and looked at the corner of her room that had been transformed into a very tiny nursery like space. She couldn't help but smile as she thought about bringing her son home soon.

"Hey, are you doing okay in here?" Alex asked, as she walked into Olivia's room and smiled at her.

"I think that his space is done. Eventually I'll have to move out so he can have his own room, but until then this is going to do." Olivia spoke. She walked over to Alex and took the laundry basket from her, before pouring the clean clothes onto her bed and starting to fold them.

"I think that we should look into another place together. After living with you for the past nine months, I don't think that I want to live without you two." Alex smiled.

"You are the best friend that I have ever had, Alex. I'm so thankful for you." Olivia breathed, before dropping her eyes as she focused on the clothes piled in front of her.

After they finished with the laundry, Alex had to head out because the crew caught a case. Olivia was on leave, so she didn't have to pack up and head out too. But she wished that she had a place to go, so she wasn't home for the vistor to show up.

"Yes?" Olivia asked, as she opened the door slowly.

"Wow." Elliot's voice spoke, as he looked his ex wife over. Even if he had been told to stay away, he didn't want to stay away. 

"What are you doing here?" Olivia sighed, as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Liv, my kids need to be together. They need to grow up knowing each other. So, I'd like to raise that baby with Abbie and my's daughter." Elliot spoke.

Olivia looked at him with wide eyes as she thought about what to say. She couldn't believe how absolutely fucking dumb Elliot sounded. How he thought he could continue to take everything from Olivia. But this was different. Olivia wasn't going to let Elliot just take her son. She was ready to fight for complete custody of her little boy.

"So can I have him?" Elliot asked, and Olivia finally let out a laugh as she shook her head.

"You have to be on some sort of drug right now. Do you honestly think that I will just hand over my child to you? Elliot, you have taken everything from me... but you will never take this baby from me. He's my son, and he's going to grow up only knowing me as his parent. He will be surrounded by his aunts and uncles, but never you. Stay away from us." Olivia spoke, before slamming the door in Elliot's face.

She locked the door quickly before sighing softly as she ran her hand over her stomach.

"I'm sorry, baby. But you are going to be better off without a father."

///

"I don't think that I have ever been this exhausted before." Olivia yawned, as she laid in her hospital bed with her little boy snuggled tightly against her chest.

"Just wait until we take that baby home." Alex spoke, and Olivia nodded as she rested her cheek against her son's head.

"Alex, I want to tell you right now that you don't have to help with him at all. You can cuddle him and stuff, but I can do all the hard stuff. I don't want your life to be changed just because there is going to be a baby in the apartment now." Olivia spoke softly. 

She was happy, but she also felt bad because now Alex's life was going to change just as much as her life changed as soon as the test came back positive.

"Olivia, I signed up to be this boy's aunt. No matter how little sleep I get or how many dirty diapers I need to help change, I'm fine with that. He doesn't have a dad and you don't have a husband, so someone needs to be your backup." Alex smiled.

"Do you want to hold him?" Olivia asked quietly. She had been holding onto her son since he was brought back after being cleaned up, and she didn't think she'd want to let him go. But right now, she knew that she had to let Alex hold him since she was going to help raise the little boy.

"I've been waiting to hold him since he was born." Alex chuckled.

They sat their in silence until Olivia finally told Alex what she had decided to name the baby.

"I still really like Cade." Olivia breathed.

"It was one of my favorites. Middle name?"

"I'm thinking Michael. Before Elliot and I got married, we talked about names for our future kids, but it just doesn't feel right to use any of those since he hurt me. So I just have to pull some random middle name out of thin air."

"It's a good name, Liv. Cade is extremely lucky to be your son."

"I'm the lucky one... I get to be his Mama."

///

Olivia sat in a wheelchair and looked at all the newborn babies. She watched as a nurse took care of Cade, and she smiled as the nurse brought him to the window just so Olivia could see him for the last time for a few hours. 

"He's adorable." A voice spoke, and Olivia turned her head and swallowed hard as she saw Abbie beside her.

"T-thanks." Olivia breathed.

"What time was he born?" Abbie asked, and Olivia swallowed hard as she looked back into the nursery.

"Are you asking that to see if my son or your daughter is older?" Olivia whispered.

"Elliot is going to want to know." Abbie replied.

"He doesn't need to know. He's not raising him, so he doesn't need to know anything about him." Olivia sighed.

"I just don't understand why you want to keep that boy from his family."

"I'm his family, Abbie. I refuse to let Elliot take anything else from me." Olivia spoke quickly.

"If Elliot wants him, then Elliot will get him. You should know that by now." Abbie sighed, as she pointed into the room and at the cot next to Cade's.

"That's my daughter, and she will be raised with your son. Actually, my son. He will never see you after we get him."

Book?