Proud of Her Family

Her whole life, Olivia knew her family was different. She knew that the family she loved and felt so comfortable in was unlike others. She really realized that when she started to get friends and started to date. She was nervous a bit to bring her boyfriend home because she didn't know what he would say since his family is very religious and his father wasn't afraid to state to her what he felt about everything.

"You know, we've been dating for a year and you are just now introducing me to your parents," Elliot spoke, as he ran his hand over Olivia's thigh as she drove home. She and Elliot both lived on the campus of Hudson University, so Elliot never had to come to pick Olivia up from her house.

"Elliot, I need to tell you something before we go in... because if you don't like what I have to say we can't be together," Olivia spoke, and Elliot's eyes went wide.

"What? Liv..." He breathed. He was terrified of what she was going to say because he loves her so much and he doesn't want to not be with her.

"Elliot, so I was adopted."

"Oh. Okay?" Elliot asked, confused.

"I was adopted by two women," Olivia replied, as she glanced over at Elliot.

"So? Liv, is that what you were scared to tell me? Because baby I don't care who your parents are, as long as they love you." Elliot spoke, and Olivia pulled over abruptly and parked. She quickly leaned over and kissed him deeply before smiling as a few tears welled in her eyes.

"I'm so thankful that you said that. Because I didn't want to have to break up with you. My moms are incredibly important to me. And so are my sisters."

"Don't worry about this anymore. I'm okay with it. It might take a little more convincing on my parents' side of this, but for me, I'm cool with it." Elliot grinned. His smile made Olivia feel even more at ease, and she leaned over and kissed him again.

"Let's get going. My moms worry a lot when I'm late..." Olivia laughed softly.

"My Dad honestly only cares that I wear condoms because he says he isn't ready for more grandkids."

///

Elliot and Olivia held hands as they walked up the path and to the front door of the house. Olivia knocked on the door because she didn't know if she should just walk in or let her mothers come to the front door and meet Elliot out here.

"Child." Nancy laughed when she opened the front door and saw her middle daughter standing there. She pulled her close and hugged her warmly, before tugging on her ponytail as they parted.

"Sorry, Mom... I didn't know if you and Mama wanted me to come in or wait out here with Elliot." Olivia spoke, and Nancy shrugged before reaching her hand out to Elliot.

"It's nice to meet you, Elliot. I apologize for my daughter's lack of manners. She gets that from her Mama." Nancy smiled, as she whispered the last sentence.

"I've been with you for 25 years, Nancy! I can hear when you are talking about me." Olivia's other mother, Belinda spoke, as she came up behind her wife and smiled at their daughter and her boyfriend.

"Well, so it seems like I have manners... Elliot, this is my Mama, Belinda. Mama, this is Elliot." Olivia spoke, before looking over at Elliot. Elliot was charming the pants off of her mothers, and she knew it. She zoned out as she smiled at Elliot. She knew that he had to be the one... because he already had made a better first impression with Nancy and Belinda than any of Olivia's other boyfriends had.

///

They had Salisbury Steak for dinner, which Elliot probably almost ate his weight in. Then after dinner, when Olivia's younger siblings made their appearance after their practices, they started to play games and talk more about some embarrassing moments in Olivia's life and about the stories Olivia knew about Elliot because they would help take the embarrassment away from herself and put it all on Elliot.

"So, do you like us?" Amy Jo asked as she sat on the floor in front of her parents.

"Do I like you?" Elliot questioned, as Olivia poured some more wine into her mothers' glasses.

"She asked this to all of my former boyfriends... She wants to know if you like us all, even though we are different from the other families." Olivia clarified. Amy Jo nodded because she agreed with her sister's wording.

"Yeah, I really like your family. I was raised in a way where my parents followed the bible a lot and we went to church every Sunday... but I just don't agree with every teaching. Like, we are supposed to accept others, but for some reason, we seem to have a problem with same-sex couples sometimes. I don't know. People have their opinions and I accept their opinions. But I also have my own." Elliot spoke, and he sighed a bit because he had rambled, and Elenora seemed a tad confused from where she sat on Nancy's lap.

"Are you gonna marry Liv?" Daisy asked, from where she sat on the piano stool. All of Olivia's siblings quickly turned to look at Elliot, while Nancy and Belinda just sat and quietly drank their wine but they were still listening.

"Actually... if you all give me your permission right now... I have a question to ask Liv." Elliot spoke, and Olivia's eyes went wide. Nancy and Belinda's eyes lit up because they were hoping that soon Elliot would be coming to them to ask to marry their Liv. They both loved Elliot already, and they couldn't wait for him to join their large and very unique family.

"Elliot... dude..." Olivia breathed, and he smiled.

"When you find something good, you gotta keep it. And you are who I want to be with. I didn't expect to find you so quickly, or to finally realize that I wanted to marry you after dating you for a year and knowing you for only 18 months... but what is meant to be is meant to be." Elliot spoke, and he looked to his mothers and they both nodded their heads, then Elliot looked at the three siblings that still lived in the Millner household. All three girls smiled and nodded. Elliot sank down onto one knee and slipped a box from his pocket.

"Olivia Margaret Millner, will you marry me?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Y-yes." She struggled to speak. Elliot smiled and quickly slipped the ring onto her finger before standing up and kissing her deeply. 

///

Elliot drove back to campus, and he and Olivia were both so happy. Olivia smiled at him as they got closer to campus and she started to speak.

"Elliot, I'm so glad that you accepted us," Olivia spoke.

"You know, they are gonna be my family soon." Elliot grinned.

"No other guy has worked out, because even though they said they were chill with who my family is, they never seemed to understand how proud I am of them. Of who I am. Of who my parents and siblings are."

"It's important to be proud of where you came from because then you feel more confident. And it let you love me." Elliot grinned.

"At some point, El... I'll tell you about my biological parents. But until that, I think you and I should figure out a way to talk to your parents about this all. And I have to call my older sisters and tell them about how I'm about to join their club." Olivia smiled.

Elliot was thankful that Olivia liked him enough... no... loved him enough to let him meet her family. Elliot felt so welcomed and he couldn't wait for her family to be his family. He knew he'd be proud to say that he had 5 amazing sisters-in-law and two very accepting and kind mothers-in-law.

Hey guys! So I don't know if I said this before, but I accept everyone. I want my books and my profile to be a no hate zone and a place where everyone can feel safe. I know that I don't write a lot of different books with different relationships and races and such, but I'm going to change that. Thank you all so much for reading, and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D