The Unwanted Daughter

A dark-haired girl sat in the back of a small and rather dirty sedan. Her hands were shoved into the front pocket of her baggy and worn sweatshirt, and her head was resting against the window. She kept her eyes focused on the raindrops that streamed down the window and left their paths behind. She had to focus on this, before focusing on what was happening was something she didn't want to do. She had to focus on something that meant nothing to her so that the car ride may go faster than it currently was.

"Bay?" The older man that say in the front of the car questioned. He was staring at the 15-year-old, but she was so zoned out that she hadn't even realized that they had arrived at her new home. 

"Bay!" He yelled, and the girl quickly jumped and looked at him.

"Are we here?" She spoke, and he nodded.

"Yeah, come on."

The man got out of the car, and so did Bay. She only had the clothes on her back and a small worn diary in hand. No one had ever wanted to keep her enough to get her more clothes, and with the state of the CPS in New York left no extra funds to at least get a pair of shoes that didn't have duct tape for the bottoms.

Bay looked over the decently sized white house. She hated that this is where she is going to live because it's the house she has dreamed of her whole life. A house that had a backyard, a mother and father that would love her unconditionally, and siblings. She's always wanted siblings and this was her chance. But would her 5 siblings really accept her since she is only their half-sister and her mother is a prostitute?

"Elliot Stabler, I'm Eric Garden. I'm Bay's caseworker." Eric spoke, as he shook the hand of Bay's father. Bay looked up from where she stood next to the sedan and swallowed hard. She didn't want to meet him or stay here. But in reality, this was her last chance at a decent life. She either stays here and makes it to 18, or she gets forced into a large scale group home and get forgotten. Once she gets into one of the group homes that pretty much prisons, she will never get adopted.

"Hey, uh, nice to meet you," Elliot replied as he glanced at the girl that stood next to the car. Elliot doesn't really remember the women he slept with, because it was one night that he and his wife had been fighting. He needed to let off some steam, so he hired a prostitute, and he hadn't realized that until a week ago, that the condom broke and he had another daughter.

"So, can we come in? It's kinda raining out here, and Bay doesn't need to get sick again."

"Again?" Elliot asked as Eric motioned for Bay to come inside with them. She was hesitant at first. She didn't want to go in there, because what if her siblings were home? Or what if Elliot's wife was here? She must be pissed off about this all, because not only did Elliot cheat on her, but he knocked up a freaking prostitute.

///

It was awkward. Very awkward. Bay sat on the couch, while Elliot, his wife Kathy, and Eric went through all of the paperwork that needed to be done before the Stablers could keep Bay. Well, keep her as long as they want to. Like all of her foster parents, Bay was sure they'd get bored of her and send her back.

"Alright, that is it. If you have any questions, please call me. Here is my card, if you lose the number, Bay has it memorized." Eric spoke, as he and Bay's newest family walked out of the kitchen. Bay stood up from the couch and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Okay," Elliot spoke, as he looked over his daughter. She had long brown hair, and her eyes were a greenish blue. She was pretty, but she just looked so small and weak. And the 15 years in foster care seemed to have hardened her.

Eric walked over to Bay and smiled.

"Don't get in trouble. This is your last home." He whispered, and Bay nodded slowly. He hugged her awkwardly before heading out of the house. Then it was just Kathy, Elliot and Bay.

"So, are you hungry?" Elliot asked because he always bonded over some sort of food. With his oldest, 18-year-old Maureen, he always got her to talk about her problems over some milk and cookies or popcorn.

"No, Mr. Stabler," Bay replied, politely.

"You can call me Elliot, or Dad..." Elliot trailed off. He wasn't ready to have another daughter, one that he'll have to protect.

"Mr. Stabler is more appropriate due to our current situation," Bay replied, slowly.

"Well, do you want to take a shower? Or explore?" Kathy asked.

"I don't have any other clothes. I'll just go sit outside." Bay frowned, but Kathy stopped her. She didn't know why she stopped her, but maybe it's because she knew she had to get used to having her husband's daughter in their house because she couldn't just kick a kid out.

"You can borrow some of Lizzie's clothes. Come on, we can get you some later."

///

After Bay showered and was in clothes that were actually clean, she walked out and sat on the back deck. She hadn't said anything else to the Stablers, and she was nervous about when their children get home. She was nervous about what they may say, or if they even knew she was their sister and moving in with them.

"Bay, everyone's home and in the kitchen working on homework. Wanna come in and meet them?" Kathy asked, but Bay shook her head. 

"I think I'll just stay out here. Let them do their homework." Bay whispered, and Kathy frowned. She sank down beside the girl and grabbed her hand awkwardly. Kathy felt like she was trying more than Elliot was, and Bay isn't even her daughter!

"No matter what they say, this is your home now, alright? No more moving around. No more sleeping on floors, and no more wearing the same clothes every day."

"They won't like me," Bay whispered as she ran her hand over her cheeks as a few tears ran down them.

"I'm sure there will be some issues at first, but they will get over it. They have to because you are staying here now." Kathy breathed. She stood up, before helping Bay to her feet. They walked up the stairs and into the house.

Bay could hear her siblings laughing about something in the kitchen, but as soon as she walked into the kitchen, they stared at her with so much hatred. Even the youngest one looked angry.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D