Concrete Angel

Elliot held onto his parents hands, as his small ones shook fiercely. They were following the group of mourners towards the small grave that was already marked with a concrete angel as its grave marker. At the young age of seven, Elliot was suffering a heartbreak that he didn't know how to think through.

His best friend Olivia was beaten to death a few weeks ago, after her mother went too far. The issues in the Benson family had been harsher than anyone had really anticipated. The teachers had seen the bruises, but how do you approach that? How do you rip a child from her only parent, when you didn't know how bad everything really is?

"Momma?" Elliot asked, as he quietly stood between his parents. His older siblings stood behind them, and they saw the pain in their little brother's bright blue eyes, that had faded considerably since the news was broken to him.

"Yes, my little carrot?" Bernadette questioned, as she looked at her son.

"What is gonna happen to Olivia's Mom? She killed her daughter..." Elliot trailed off, and his mother frowned, before squatting down to his level. She pushed some dark brown hair off of his forehead, and wiped a stray tear from his cheek.

"She is in a lot of trouble. Don't worry, she isn't going to get out of this easily. I promise that Olivia will get the justice she deserves." She replied, and Elliot looked over at the angel, and swallowed hard before stepping forward and clinging to his beloved mother.

The little boy couldn't grasp the idea that a mother could hurt their child as bad as Olivia's mother hurt her.

Elliot looked over his mother's shoulder, and saw a man standing in all black. Elliot swallowed hard, because he had seen this man before. He used to watch Olivia and himself play on the playground at school.

"Carrot?" Elliot's mother spoke, but he just stood back, and straightened his little suit jacket, like he's seen his father do many times before. He turned back and looked at the angel that had Olivia's name carved into the base.

///

After the small funeral, the Stabler family drove to their house. The oldest four got out of the car and went to their rooms, and Elliot was left behind in the car with his parents. Both Joseph and Bernie were concerned with their son's mental well being, since he was so close to Olivia, that he can't even sleep without crying first. He misses his best friend, and probably the person he was going to marry when he was older.

"Elliot, are you okay son?" Joseph questioned from the front seat, as his wife grabbed his hand, and intertwined their fingers together. They may be falling out of love, but they needed to stay strong for their son, who was suffering so much.

"I miss her, Daddy." Elliot whispered, his voice so small, and barely audible.

"I know you do. But she isn't being hurt anymore." Joseph spoke, his voice shaking slightly. Elliot heard the shake in his father's voice, and knew that the man who has been so strong, was upset because his son was destroyed.

"Daddy, but I miss her so much. She's my best friend. Why did she have to die?" Elliot cried, and Bernie got out of the front seat, and quickly opened the back door. She climbed into the seat next to her son, and pulled him into her arms as he cried.

A death is confusing enough as it is, but it's even harder when the person who died just turned seven. How she still had a full life ahead of her, but her mother had to be selfish and take her daughter's life.

"She will always be with you, Elliot. I know this is hard, but everything will get better. She isn't going to get hurt anymore. She's happy."

Elliot didn't speak. He did stop crying, because he was so angry. For such a small boy, he had more anger inside of his heart and mind, than a grown man twice his size would. He pushed his mother away, and climbed out of the car. He ran towards the back gate, as his father yelled for him to stop. Elliot sprinted into the backyard, and to the tree fort that he slept in every time Olivia slept over.

He climbed the rope ladder, losing both dress shoes in the process, and he tore his bow tie and jacket off as soon as he entered the tree house.

He screamed out as loudly as he could, because he hated everything in this moment.

He had thoughts that a boy of only seven shouldn't have about the horrible truths of life.

How could a mother hurt her child? Her only child?

How could the teachers see the bruises but not do a thing?

Why did his Olivia have to be taken?

Olivia was his best friend, and will always be his best friend. He doesn't know how he can survive the rest of his life without her, because he loves her. She was the one person who never picked on him when they found out his mother was kinda crazy, and had to be hospitalized. 

Elliot was her person, and she was his. They did everything together since they were in preschool, and now everything ended for her in only the first grade.

"Elliot!" Bernie yelled, as she tried to find her son, but her and her husband knew he was in the tree. Pictures that both Olivia and Elliot drew were pasted to the wall, and were going to be able to remind her son of his best friend.

She walked towards the tree house, and walked towards the tree and heard the heart wrenching sobs leaving her youngest son.

She slipped her heels off before climbing the rope ladder. Once inside, she saw her son sitting and drawing feverishly.

She looked at the picture and saw an angel with dark brown hair, and brown eyes to match it. He leaned his head against the table and against the drawing and started to cry his best friend's name.

"At least she can't hurt you anymore." He whispered.

So hey guys. This chapter was based off a song called Concrete Angel. Its a sad song, but I used it because I was thinking about what might've happened if Serena had gotten worse. I almost stopped writing this, because I hate hurting anyone having to do with SVU...

Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below.