Her

GUYS! THIS BOOK HIT 20K READS! THANKS FOR THAT AND PLEASE ENJOY THIS ONE SHOT! MWAH :D!

"I cannot believe that Jay is graduating," Elliot spoke, as he sat on the edge of his parents' hotel bed, while his mother did her hair in the bathroom and while Joseph shinned his shoes.

"I know... I feel so old." Bernie sighed from the bathroom. Elliot looked over at his father and saw the pride he took in making himself look put together for his son's graduation. Elliot frowned because he also knew that his father didn't even come to his graduation from the Police Academy.

"Uh, I'm gonna go get us all some coffee. Do you want some, Dad?" Elliot asked, as he stood and grabbed his suit jacket. He pulled it on as he waited for his father's response, but Joseph was too busy working on his shoes that he wasn't paying attention to Elliot.

"Just get us each a black coffee. And if they have muffins, I'd like one." Bernie smiled gently, as she walked out of the bathroom and looked at her son. Elliot noticed the love in her eyes, and he knew that she was proud of him even if his father wasn't.

"Of course, Ma. I'll be back soon." Elliot spoke. He walked over to her and kissed her cheek softly before he turned and left the room.

///

Sitting in the cafe on campus, Olivia was working on her speech. She wasn't the top of her class, but she had made some difference in the school. She had protested against the expulsion of a few girls that had been raped on campus and who had gotten in trouble for letting it happen to themselves, and she even got the school to put money towards an actual counselor that helped and took the right steps towards helping victims instead of publically shaming them. The headmistress thought that she was a pest, but most of the school thought she was actually starting to open their eyes. 

Olivia pushed a piece of long brown hair over her shoulder, before leaning forward a bit and looking straight down at her speech. She let out a sigh, louder than she had anticipated, and then she saw a shadow fall over her table and she looked up to see a man standing there.

"Can I help you?" Olivia asked, not even afraid of the stranger.

"Actually, I feel like I can help you. That sigh was very dramatic." Elliot smirked, as he looked at her.

"Ah, well I kinda do... what is your stance on rape on campus?" Olivia questioned, and he eyed her for a moment before sinking down onto the chair in front of her and shrugging.

"I don't go to school here... but I'm against it. I feel like-" Elliot started, but he stopped himself when Olivia's grew large with distrust.

"Why are you here then, huh?" She huffed, and Elliot laughed softly before smiling at her. He loved the way her face changed so quickly and her expression was so... there. It wasn't like she was trying to hide her feelings.

"My little brother is graduating. I am at the hotel just to the side of campus, and I came here to get coffee and a muffin for my parents. But I'll leave now if I made you uncomfortable." Elliot spoke, but he didn't want to walk away from her. He felt himself already feeling attracted to her, and he was wondering if he should ask for her name and number before he left. But he didn't want to be too forward.

"Oh. Well then..." Olivia trailed off. Elliot gathered his items, before looking back down at her again.

"I believe that, as an officer, no crime is right. Rape shouldn't be accepted because people believe that women are still inferior." Elliot spoke, and Olivia's eyes went wide and a wide smile grew on her lips.

"Really?" She asked eagerly.

"Really. Now, I'll leave you be. I need to go figure out what tie I want to wear to graduation..." Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded. He left her, and she went right into writing her speech again.