A Random Memory: Part 2

One kiss. One kiss that had more passion in it than either one knew they had started something. Elliot told a story, one that Olivia had blocked out until that night, and then she kissed him. She may have felt some guilt for kissing Elliot, her married partner, but she loved how it felt to kiss him. She hadn't' realized how great his lips would fell against hers until it happened.

"Are you actually home yet?" Olivia asked Elliot, as they talked over the phone. When they left that night to get sleep in their own beds, Elliot called Olivia as soon as he got into his car and started it up. He just wanted to talk to her and no one else.

"I'm sitting in my car." Elliot yawned softly. Olivia laid down on her bed and smiled.

"Elliot, you ran out of that freaking shoe store and sat next to me when I was crying. You didn't even know me, but you still did that." Olivia breathed, as she smiled to herself. 

"Well, I also told my mother that I liked you after I kissed your cheek. She thought I was crazy and asked if I knew you. I told her that I didn't, but that didn't matter because I liked you." Elliot chuckled, as he closed his eyes. He didn't want to go inside. He didn't want to have to wait all night to see Olivia again.

"El, do you regret kissing me back?" Olivia questioned, and Elliot opened his eyes and stared at his house for a long moment. He should have felt bad. But he didn't. He knew that he loved Olivia, but until now he didn't even know that she was interested until tonight.

"Elliot? Did you fall asleep?" Olivia chuckled a bit, but it was because she was nervous.

"No, I don't regret it. I wish that we were together right now kissing again." He whispered. Olivia felt her heart start to beat out of her chest as she sat up. She felt a tear slip down her cheek.

"I love you, Elliot. Night." She spoke, before quickly hanging up. She didn't want him to reply.

"Liv?" Elliot asked before he pulled his phone away from his cheek and shutting it. He swallowed hard as he looked at his house and he saw the living room light was still on.

"I love you too, Liv." He whispered, tearfully.

///

The next morning, Olivia was nervous to head into work. She didn't want Elliot to say something that could hurt her. She loves Elliot, and she told him that in a moment of just raw emotion.

"Liv?" Elliot asked as he opened her apartment door without even knocking. She looked up from her coffee and at him as he entered her kitchen.

"El? What are you doing here?" She questioned.

"I came to get you. So then I had an excuse to drive you home." He spoke, as he watched her face turn a bright red.

"Uh, y-you want to drive me home?" She asked, and Elliot nodded as he walked over and sat down next to her.

"Well, yeah." He breathed, before leaning over and kissing her lips softly. He could feel them shaking and he thought it was freaking adorable. He slowly ran his fingers through her hair and pulled her closer.

"Elliot, please let me go." Olivia whimpered, and Elliot quickly moved back and he slowly ran his hand over his face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Elliot breathed, as he watched Olivia start to cry.

"Elliot, I've had a really bad track record with men. No one has ever loved me, and when I said that you last night you-"

"I love you too, Olivia." Elliot breathed. Olivia's eyes went wide.

"You do?" She choked out, and Elliot nodded as he pulled her chair closer and kissed her softly before placing their foreheads against each other.

"That stupid memory." Olivia giggled a bit as she wiped tears from her cheeks.

"I told you that I did know you before you came to SVU, and I still thought you were beautiful and amazing. I just have to figure out how to be able to tell you that every day without being called a manwhore and you a homewrecker."

///

Elliot found out shortly after he and Olivia kissed for the first time, that Kathy didn't want to be in their relationship anymore. She said that she wasn't in love with Elliot anymore which helped me when it came to the breakup. He didn't want to be with her anymore, because when he was younger he fell in love with a brunette without even knowing it.

"You make me feel so good." Olivia smiled, as she stood by the door of her apartment where she and Elliot have been saying goodbye to each other for nearly an hour.

"Good, because you deserve to feel good. To be happy." Elliot smiled gently, before leaning in and kissing Olivia softly.

Elliot's phone started to ring, and he groaned as he stepped away from Olivia and grabbed it from his pocket.

"Hello?" Elliot questioned, before laughing.

"Can I bring someone to dinner tomorrow night? I have someone I want you to meet." Elliot spoke, which made Olivia's eyes go wide.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow night, Mom. Take care."

Elliot shoved his phone back into his pocket before looking at Olivia.

"You are going to bring up the memory, huh?"

"Of course, because it's what brought us together."

///

Elliot and Olivia walked into the restaurant that they were meeting Bernie Stabler at. Elliot was holding onto Olivia's hand and would lean over and whisper into her ear, telling her how much he loved her and how beautiful she looked tonight which made her blush every time.

They sat, and eventually, Bernie walked in and smiled when she saw Elliot and his partner sitting together at the table.

"Olivia! It's great to see you, sweetie." Bernie smiled, as Olivia stood up and hug her. They met when Kathleen needed help, and have been calling each other once a month since.

"It's great to see you too. How are you?" Olivia asked as she sat down and Bernie hugged her son.

"I'm good. I didn't expect you to be the one Elliot wanted me to meet."

"Well, Mom it's because Olivia is my girlfriend now."

"What?" She asked, surprised.

"Mom, do you remember that day we went to get new shoes for me because I had ruined the brand new pair? And you yelled at that lady for yelling at me and for hitting her daughter?" Elliot asked, and Bernie nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I do. But what does that have to do with your relationship with Olivia?"

"I was the little girl. Elliot told me a story about that little girl, and I know that it was me." Olivia smiled. Elliot grinned as I told his mother, and Bernie smiled largely.

"I knew you two would find each other again. I just knew it."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D