A Drunken Night: Part 3

Fin just stared at Elliot and Olivia in shock. His mouth was still open, and he couldn't wrap his head around the idea of Olivia and Elliot being married. He eventually closed his mouth and swallowed hard as he decided on what to say.

"How long?" Fin breathed, and Olivia grabbed Elliot's hand and squeezed it.

"Two months today." She replied, and Fin noticed how she was smiling just a bit.

"I didn't know that you two had been seeing each other... I just thought your trip to Atlantic City was about just gambling and drinking, not getting married." Fin replied. Elliot was about to reply, but Fin shook his head and pointed at Olivia. She felt tears well in her eyes because she didn't want Fin and Elliot to start fighting again. She'd be stuck between her friend and her husband.

"We weren't seeing each other, Fin. We honestly just went to Atlantic City to gamble and drink... but then we start to joke around about getting married and we did... Fin, we are giving this marriage a year before deciding what we want to do, and I think I want to stay married to Elliot." Olivia breathed before she turned around and looked at her husband. Elliot's eyes were wide, but he was smiling.

"I thought you were smart, Liv. Clearly, you aren't." Fin huffed before he turned and walk away from the door. Olivia felt like an elephant was sitting on her body.

"Liv, don't listen to him," Elliot spoke, as he drew his wife close and kissed the back of her head as he grabbed the door from her hand and shut it.

"I wish he could be happy for us."

///

Elliot got Olivia's mind off of what Fin said by making out with her late into the night. But the next morning, he noticed that Olivia was anxious and that she climbed out of bed nearly an hour before their alarm went off.

Elliot shut the alarm off when he heard Olivia start the shower, and he climbed out of bed and quietly went to check on his wife. He opened the bathroom door and saw as Olivia slowly took her nightshirt off.

"Liv, he'll get used to us being married." Elliot breathed, and Olivia jumped. She quickly turned around and used her shirt to cover up her chest.

"El, please get out." She breathed.

"I'm gonna see you naked eventually... well hopefully. But I just wanted to tell you that everything will get better." Elliot spoke, and Olivia shrugged.

"I never actually know if everything will be okay. Elliot, I'm really starting to love you like a wife loves her husband... like the type of love that someone has for another when they want to have kids with them... I know that Fin wants nothing to do with what I'm assuming he is calling a complete fucking mistake, but I want him to be happy for me because I'm happy." Olivia breathed. Elliot felt a tear run down his cheek.

"I love you too, Liv." Elliot breathed, and her eyes went wide.

"Really?"

"With my whole heart, Liv." Elliot breathe. Olivia smiled a bit before looking at the shower curtain that was just a little bit open.

"Join me... without your clothes on..." Olivia spoke, and Elliot went to object, but she smiled at him and he knew she meant it.

"Anything for you, Liv."

///

Elliot and Olivia went into work after making love to each other for the first time. Olivia hadn't known how amazing being with Elliot would make her feel. She held Elliot's hand as they walked into the precinct, and people actually noticed. They also noticed the rings on their fingers.

"Benson. Stabler. My office." Cragen spoke, as soon as the couple walked into the squadroom. Olivia didn't let go of Elliot's hand. She just kept holding the hand of the man who loves her and that she loves.

"What's up, Captain?" Elliot asked, as he shut the door and then stood next to his wife.

"What is this?" Cragen asked.

"What is what?" Olivia asked because she didn't want to hear him yell that they were both fired or something.

"Fin came in this morning and told me that you and Elliot are married and have been since that long weekend you took," Cragen replied, and Olivia bit her lip as she grabbed Elliot's hand again.

"Yeah, we are married, sir. And I'm sorry we didn't tell you but we were waiting a year to decide if we liked being married... and we do. We love each other, and I know that Liv makes me happy and that I can make her happy." Elliot spoke before he looked over at his wife. Olivia glanced at him and she saw so much love in his eyes.

"So what made you two get married?" Cragen asked as he sat down. He pointed at the chairs in front of his desk and his two detectives sat down in them.

"We were drunk, like very drunk. I didn't even remember getting married to Liv-"

"We had been joking around about getting married that night so we went to one of those chapels and we got married. We were going to get it annulled but Elliot asked if we could try to be together for a year. We are both single and had been lonely... but now we aren't. Captain, you know that I seem to always date guys who are bad for me... and I go through them as I go through hair cuts... but I really like Elliot... I really love him." Olivia spoke, passionately.

"Are you sure that you two can still be partners and not let your marriage get in the way?" Cragen asked, and their eyes went wide. Both had expected to get split up and either transferred or get different partners.

"We can still be partners and work here?" Olivia asked, and Cragen frowned.

"If I lost both of you, this unit would go down the drain. So, can you do that?"

"We can," Elliot spoke before he looked over at his wife and smiled.

"I need you to write that down for me, and we will report this to my bosses," Cragen spoke, and Elliot nodded.

"Okay. Just give us the paperwork."

Cragen left to get what he needed, and Olivia leaned over and quickly kissed her husband.

"It was the best drunk night of my life." Olivia breathed, before resting her forehead against Elliot's as she played with the short hair at the top of his neck.

"It was the best night of my life... drunk and sober."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D