Thunder and Lightning: Part 2

Here you go tashika99! Enjoy!

"Where did your partner go?" Cragen asked, as Elliot ran into the squad room and walked to his desk.

"I'm taking her home. She isn't feeling well." Elliot replied, as he grabbed her jacket and started to leave.

"Stabler, what is wrong with her today? Did she tell you?" Cragen questioned, and Elliot frowned deeply.

"She's just having a hard time with this case. Something she saw when she was a uniform." Elliot spoke, and Cragen nodded before turning to go into his office. Elliot took a slow breath as he looked around the squad room for a moment, than he quickly walked out, and he ran as he took the stairs two at a time.

///

"Okay, I'm ready." Elliot spoke, as he walked down the front stairs. He looked around, expecting to see Olivia, but she wasn't there. He stopped breathing, because he knew she just ran away. She didn't want him going with her, and now he didn't even have a chance.

"Liv!" He yelled, as he went sprinting down the road, as tears ran down his cheeks. He was so close to getting her to leave with him, but she just put up her walls and ran away.

Elliot tried to avoid all the puddles as he ran towards Olivia's house, but he couldn't do that and try and find his best friend at the same time. People yelled at him for splashing them, but he could care less.

Once he arrived at Olivia's apartment, he quickly pounded on the door, as water continued to drip down his face from his hair.

"Liv, I know you are in there. Please open up. I can hear your water running." Elliot spoke, as he leaned his head against the door. He heard her breathing hitch when he spoke, and he knew she wasn't going to open up. He needed to make her open up so he could leave with her. He wanted to leave with her.

"Elliot, go away." Olivia whispered, heartbroken.

"Olivia, come on. Open your door. I'm not leaving because than your leave me behind. I'm going with you." He ordered, and she started to sob from the other side of the door.

"Go away! You don't want to go with me! Why would you want to leave everything behind for me? I'm a mess!" She screamed, and Elliot placed his hand to the door as his heart broke for her.

"Liv, back up or open your door." He spoke.

"What?"

"Back up or open your door now." He ordered. She slowly opened the door and he stepped in and pulled her into a warm hug.

"I love you, Olivia. I'm leaving with you, because you need someone. Someone who knows you and what you went through. Someone to love you." Elliot spoke, as he held his best friend closer to his body the more she fought his embrace. She continued to sob, and he continued to rub her back gently.

"Why do you love me?" She asked slowly.

"Because you are my Livvie. My best friend, the only person who has stood by me through everything. Just let me come with you, and every night that there is a storm and you can't sleep, I'll be there to hold you close." He whispered, and she swallowed hard as she moved from his embrace and wiped tears from her cheeks.

"I'm leaving right now. I packed my bags. Can you leave right now? I have money and we can get a car. We can just fall off of the face of the Earth. Together..." She trailed off, and Elliot nodded.

He stepped forward and kissed her passionately, telling her that he was ready to leave with her. Right here. Right now.

///

"Elliot, they said we are supposed to get storms tonight." Olivia whispered, as she walked into the small kitchen in their new apartment in Utah.

"Don't worry, Livvie. I'm not leaving tonight." He spoke, and she nodded slowly as she leaned against the counter and bit the inside of her cheek. Ever since the night she killed a man in self defense, she has hated storms. He would either have to bring her to work with him, or leave work to hold her while the storm darkened the sky.

"Do you think I'll ever be able to go back? Will we ever be able to go back?" She questioned, and he shrugged as he handed her the BLT he made her and himself for dinner.

"Maybe one day. But I think we should just wait for awhile and then test the waters." Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded slowly. She went back to biting her cheek as they sat down at the small table.

"I'm tired of waiting and seeing. I bet you miss your kids. I know that I miss the noise, and the squad."

"They will understand when I'm able to tell them." Elliot spoke, before he took a big bite from his sandwich. He finished chewing it, as the first sound of thunder sounded in their small apartment, and the rain started to shake the glass of the windows as it pounded against it.

He looked over at Olivia and saw how tense she got. She just held her sandwich in her hand, not moving a muscle.

"It's just a storm. It'll pass." Elliot spoke, as he wiped his mouth off with his napkin.

"I killed a man." She whimpered, and Elliot stood up quickly and grabbed her arm as she stood. He didn't want her running into their bedroom and locking herself in there.

"Olivia Margaret Benson, you are not going in there and crying again. I know that you are scared, and that you think about it all the time. But this needs to end. I'm going to protect you. No storm, no man, no person will ever be able to harm you because I'm Elliot. I've protected you for years, and I don't plan on stopping now." Elliot spoke, before placing his lips against hers. He could feel how badly she was still shaking, but as he drew her into his arms she buried her face in his chest and let out a tired sigh.

"I don't want keep crying. I want to be happy again."

"Then lets be happy. I'll hold you close forever if that means you can be happy. Alright?" He spoke, and she nodded.

Thunder rumbled outside, and Olivia didn't shake. She just continued to hold onto Elliot as she tried to lose her fear of storms.

And she did that night. She wasn't scared of a man trying to hurt her again, or being caught in a storm, because Elliot held her tight all night, never letting go of her once.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D