Jet Lag

This is a one-shot based on a song that I just found and loved instantly. Enjoy :D

"Good morning." Elliot smiled, as he looked at his wife on the screen of his laptop. She yawned as she ran her hand over her face. She loved talking to Elliot, but she really was wishing that they at least shared the same time zone so she wouldn't have to wake up early enough to talk to him every day.

"Good evening." She replied. She looked at the time on the corner of her screen and frowned.

"What's wrong? I thought you'd be happy to see me." Elliot frowned as the frown stayed on his wife's face.

"I am happy to see you, it's just that it's seven at night there, you probably have a dinner with some big shots while I'm going to be drinking coffee for my breakfast," Olivia replied.

"Well, I'll go make eggs and you can make eggs and we can both eat breakfast." He smiled. Olivia shook her head as she picked up her laptop and carried it into the kitchen with her. She set it down on the bar and then she went and started to make coffee.

"How many more days?" Olivia questioned, as she ran her hand through her messy brown hair.

"14." He sighed. Olivia didn't move for a moment as a few tears slipped down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away before turning around to look at her husband.

"I'm coming to Toyoko, El. I'm not going to wait 14 days to see you in person again."

"Liv-"

"Please. Elliot, we have been married for only 6 months, and three of those months you have spent in Toyoko trying to clean up the mess your business partners made. Just let me come out to be with you."

Elliot looked at his wife and sighed. He hated that he has been away from her for so long, but he didn't want her to take vacation days and use it just to sit in his hotel room and wait for him to come home. 

He has known Olivia since she turned 34, and now two years later and only 3 real months of being in the same time zone and married, he knew that he had to get home. He had to be with her right now.

"If you don't want me out there just tell me."

"I want to be back in Manhattan with you. I don't want you to come out here and sit in my hotel room while I work."

"Great. I'm going to shower and head to work. See you in two weeks." She huffed.

///

When Olivia got to work, she sat at her desk and looked at the pictures from her wedding and the stack of postcards that Elliot sent her from every city he went to in Japan. She grabbed the whole pile and flipped through them.

"Missing your husband?" Olivia's new partner since Elliot left the force, Nick spoke.

"Yeah." She breathed. 

"What time is it in Toyoko now?" He questioned, and she looked at the clock and sighed.

"Almost 10 at night. He's asleep and probably happier there than he would be here." She huffed, before tossing all of the postcards into the bottom desk drawer before slamming it shut.

"When was the last time you saw your husband?" He asked, which made Olivia just want to cry. In person, it's been three months, but this morning she had just seen him for less than an hour before they got into a small fight.

"3 months ago. Excuse me." She frowned, before standing and walking towards the locker room. Once inside she sat down and ran her hands through her hair before opening her locker. She pulled out a sweatshirt and yelled into it before throwing it back into her locker and walking out. She was going to Japan whether Elliot liked it or not.

///

Elliot knew that he fucked up when his wife wouldn't answer his call when he called her. He tried to call her phone at work, their house phone, and her cell again. She didn't answer at all and it was driving him nuts. He wanted to go to Manhattan, but he also couldn't leave because his stupid business partners were rogue and being stupid regarding their whole business.

While Elliot sat on the balcony with a plate of sushi in hand, a loud knock sounded on his door.

He stood up and headed towards the door. He opened it and was very surprised when he saw Olivia standing there. She looked beyond exhausted, but even if she was exhausted she still had enough energy to wrap her arms around her husband and kiss him with all the passion she had.

"What are you doing here?!" Elliot exclaimed as he ran his hand over her back.

"I'm done waiting, Elliot. I'm waiting here with you for the 14 days before you can go home. I'm done being 13 hours behind you and going to bed when you are waking up. I hate waking up early just to say goodnight to you." She spoke, passionately.

"Okay. Now we are in the same time zone for at least about 13 days." Elliot smiled, before grabbing her suitcase and bringing it into his hotel room. He set his plate down before being able to hug his wife fully without his dinner getting in the way.

"I interrupted your dinner." Olivia sighed, as she stepped back and took her jacket off.

"So? I'd rather have you here instead of eating sushi again for the millionth time."

"First thing we can do when we get home is eating lots of greasy American food." Olivia grinned, before walking towards the open sliding glass door. She stepped out onto the balcony and stared out onto the city her husband has called home for 3 months.

"I do have to admit that it's beautiful." Olivia breathed, as she started to wonder if Elliot was ever really going to want to go home.

"Not as beautiful as Manhattan. But I feel like this city got 10x more beautiful because you are here." Elliot grinned. He wrapped his arms around his wife and drew her to his chest. He kissed the back of her head and she let out a sigh. He looked down at her and noticed that she had her eyes closed.

"This damn jet lag, huh?" He teased, and she smiled as she turned around and nodded.

"Yeah, but at least I'm here and don't have to wake up early to call you. So I'm going to crash and you can finish your dinner and join me later." She smiled, before kissing him again.

Now that they were together, the distance that they had been living at didn't seem as important because now what was important is that they are together.

Hey guys, shitty one shot, I know. Sorry. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below if you want. Thanks.