I'm Not Going Without You

It was the end of a very long day, and Amanda and Dominick were the last two members in the squadroom. Olivia was home with Noah, and Fin was babysitting his grandson. Amanda wanted to go home, but due to one of the perps in the holding cell, Amanda and Dominick were watching him until midnight when transport was coming to get him.

"I want to be home with Billy and Jesse, but I'm stuck here." Amanda groaned randomly, and Dominick looked up at her.

"Wanna head home and I can just hang out here? I bet both of your kids miss you." Dominick spoke, and Amanda shrugged.

"They are home with the sitter... probably sleeping." Amanda frowned. She hadn't even been able to put her daughters down for the last three months and even when she asks Olivia to go home and take care of her girls, Olivia always says they are busy and none of them can go home.

"Amanda, just go. Alright?" Dominick smiled, but Amanda shook her head.

"No. It's okay. We are in this together."

///

Amanda and Dominick worked on some paperwork before they sat and ate some partially burnt popcorn and listened to the perp as he snored in his cell. Amanda and Dominick were tired and so they were just talking, even about the deep stuff they weren't usually so forward about.

"I just did it for my sister, but then he really took advantage of me." Amanda breathed, as she talked about being sexually assaulted in Atlanta by her former Captain.

"You deserve so much better than the men you fall for. I'm sorry to tell you that-"

"But it's true. I know. I fall for guys that are older than me, then I get pregnant and it's like I start to realize that no one wants me for me. Only for the sex instead." Amanda sighed. She grabbed another handful of popcorn and eat a few pieces at a time before looking over at Dominick.

"See, I feel like there is someone very nearby that would love you for you, not just because you have sex with them," Dominick replied quietly. 

"What?" Amanda asked.

"Look for someone who has been there for you through this all. One who took you to the hospital both times you went into labor." Dominick spoke, and Amanda looked over at him before sighing softly.

"I'm going to go make some more coffee. Do you want some?" She asked, and Dominick just rolled his eyes and sighed.

He wanted Amanda to realize that he wants her, but she doesn't want him because he won't hurt her and leave her in the end.

///

At around midnight, the officers came and transported the perp to the tombs and he was their problem then. Amanda messaged Olivia and told her about it and then she got permission to head home for the night.

"Alright, Liv gave us the all clear to head out," Amanda spoke, as she slide her desk chair back and stood.

"Okay," Dominick replied, quietly. Amanda couldn't tell if he was being cold or if he was just tired.

"Are you feeling alright?" Amanda questioned.

"Perfectly fine." He huffed.

"Do you want a ride home? It wouldn't be-"

"I don't get you, Rollins." He spoke.

"You don't get me?" She questioned, confusion lacing her voice.

"I don't understand why you just keep letting yourself get hurt!" Dominick yelled.

"What do you mean?" Amanda asked because she honestly was so lost with where this was going.

"YOU CAN'T SEE THAT I LOVE YOU!" He yelled, and Amanda finally heard him loud and clear. She looked at him as tears welled in his eyes.

"I'll just hurt you, Dom. You are one of the best guys in this world, and if you are with me... you'll get so damn hurt over and over again." Amanda spoke.

"I don't care, because I know that I can take care of you and the girls! I can love you all the way that their fathers haven't been able to! God, I used to help you all the fucking time with Jesse, but you didn't care because I wasn't trying to fuck you nonstop! I'm trying to treat you like a woman should be treated!"

"I'm not used to being treated like a woman... I've been just a... I'm a whore Dominick and I can't bear to hurt you. I'm sorry." Amanda breathed. She sank back down into her chair as tears welled in her eyes.

Dominick slammed his chair into its spot before stomping out. Amanda started to cry. She loves Dominick too, but she can't hurt him like she knows she will. She is always fucking everything up and she can't fuck up the person who is an absolute rarity. He is someone that someone who is special deserves.

///

Dominick had gotten home, but then he realized he shouldn't have gone home. He realized that he needed Amanda. He wanted her and he loved her so much that he was gonna go prove it to her.

Dominick ran back down the stairs of his building and got back into his car before speeding back to the precinct. He was praying she was still there, and he was right. He took the stairs of the precinct two at a time before running into the squad room as Amanda pulled her jacket on to leave for the night.

"No," Dominick spoke.

"No?" She whispered as she eyed him.

"You aren't a whore. And you deserve to be treated the absolute best. You are the most amazing woman in this whole world, and I'm going to marry you. I'm going to raise those girls as my own because I'm not an asshole."

"Dom-"

"I'm not going home without you ever again. Grab your shit. We are going home together."

"So you are okay that I'm a whore?"

"You aren't one and I told you that before. I'm done letting you keep putting yourself down and trying to make it seem like you aren't worthy of me, but you are. Now, grab your stuff and get your ass over here." Dominick spoke. Amanda did as he said, and then she got to feel him kiss her for the first time.

Dominick's arms went around Amanda's body as he drew her closer and deepened the kiss.

"I love you, Dom. So much." Amanda whispered.

"I love you too, Mandy. And I love Billy and Jesse so much too."

"They will be glad to hear that... Let's go home, Dom..."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D