Take Me Dancing

The thunder shook the apartment building as the lightening outside lit up the dark clouded sky. Olivia was sitting on the couch, her body covered up with a warm blanket as she watched the news before heading to bed. Today was rough, but she knew that tomorrow couldn't be nearly as bad as the day she had just gotten home from.

As the weather finished on the screen and the news anchor reappeared, Olivia turned the TV off and pushed the blanket from her body before standing. She went around her apartment and shut the lights off and made sure the windows were locked before heading towards her bedroom. As she was starting to open her bedroom door, there for a knock on the front door. As it ended, a loud roar of thunder made Olivia shake.

"Who's there?" She asked as she walked towards the door after turning on a lamp in her living room.

"Liv, it's me! Let me in! I need to tell you something!" Elliot exclaimed from outside her apartment door. He was drenched from the rain and from several tears that had streamed down his cheeks as he left the hospital.

"What are you doing here, El? I kinda thought you wanted nothing to do with me... you made that clear at work." Olivia breathed, Elliot stepped into her apartment and shut the door before walking towards her couch.

"The call I got was from my father. We talked tonight. Then he passed away at the end of our talk." Elliot spoke, and Olivia looked at him with wide eyes.

"What? El... I'm so sorry." Olivia breathed. She walked over to him and gently touched his arm.

"He told me some good advice, Liv. He told me something that I will never forget." Elliot spoke.

"It must be important since you are over here to tell me." Olivia breathed.

"He said that if I'm feeling dead, that I need to figure out a way to feel alive," Elliot spoke, and Olivia nodded.

"You need to be living your life, El," Olivia spoke.

"You make me feel alive, Olivia. Like I'm this storm." Elliot spoke, and Olivia looked at him with confused brown eyes.

"You are the storm?" She asked as if he was crazy.

"I'm full of energy and strength when I'm around you. You make me want to dance around like a crazy man." Elliot laughed softly.

"I do?" Olivia breathed as her face blushed.

"You are the one I want to be with, Liv. I want to be with you and feel alive once again." Elliot spoke, and Olivia started to cry. She took several steps towards Elliot and she hugged him tightly.

///

Elliot and Olivia swayed together on the dance floor at the NYPD's Christmas party. It was their first official outing as a couple, and they were very much enjoying it.

"At least you aren't dancing like a crazy man." Olivia breathed into Elliot's ear as the song changed. It was faster this time, but they just continued to sway together.

"What?" Elliot asked, and Olivia leaned back a bit and smiled at the man she loved.

"You said that being with me makes you feel like dancing around like a crazy man. You are a pretty good dancer if I have to admit that." Olivia replied and Elliot laughed before leaning forward and kissing her lips softly before holding her close again.

"It took me losing my father to realize that I needed to be with you." Elliot breathed quietly.

"I wish that it didn't take that though." Olivia sighed.

They stayed like that for a while before they finally walked from the dance floor and to the 1-6's table.

They sank down beside each other and Olivia took a few sips of her wine as Elliot rubbed her leg.

"I'm tired... do you want to head out?" Elliot asked, and Olivia looked at him and nodded slowly.

"You have to drive. I've been drinking."

///

Elliot laid beside Olivia and watched as she slept. He watched as her chest rose with each inhale and how it fell with each exhale. He loved watching her. She was so interesting to him whether she was sleeping or barely awake first thing in the morning. He was so madly in love with her, and he wished that he had told her sooner.

"Creeper." Olivia yawned, as she rolled over and faced him.

"Creeper? Hey, watching MY girlfriend sleep isn't a creepy thing." Elliot laughed before leaning down and kissing her several times.

"I have a question for you before I fall back asleep," Olivia spoke.

"Ask away."

"Do you think that we will ever get married?" Olivia asked, and Elliot nodded.

"I would give you anything, Liv. Absolutely anything. Just ask."

"Then marry me, Elliot. Marry me and make me the happiest woman on the face of the Earth." Olivia smiled tiredly.

Elliot grinned from ear to ear before sinking down beside her. He reached out and brushed some hair away from her forehead before speaking.

"Olivia Margaret Benson, you make me feel alive. You make me feel like I can do absolutely anything. You make me happy. Make me smile. Make me feel like I'm not just breathing to die. Like I'm still living and breathing for a reason. And you are that reason. So, Liv, will you marry me?" Elliot asked, and Olivia smiled and nodded before slipping closer to him and wrapping her arms around his neck as she kissed him as deeply as possible.

"Actually, I change my mind. I don't want to marry some guy that watches me sleep." Olivia laughed and Elliot smiled before slowly climbing out of bed. He leaned down and turned on the lamp beside his side of the bed before walking around and turning on the one on Olivia's side of the bed.

Olivia sat up and looked at him in confusion.

"What are you doing, El?" Olivia asked quietly. Elliot smiled as he turned his phone on and scrolled through something before turning the volume and a song started to fill the once quiet space.

"I know we danced tonight, and I know you are kinda drunk, but would you mind if we danced for a bit longer tonight? Maybe a little dirty dancing if you'd like." Elliot laughed softly. He reached out and pulled Olivia to her feet before kissing her gently. Then they went to swaying again as they both thought about their future.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D