Sweethearts

"Can you believe it's been twenty years?" Olivia spoke as she and her friends stood together and watched as a steady stream of former classmates filtered into the gym. 

"I can believe it's been twenty years, especially since I can barely recognize anyone here." Alex sighed, before looking over at her best friend. Olivia laughed softly and nodded before turning back to look over everyone.

"Do you think Trevor Langan is going to be here tonight?" Olivia asked, as Alex sipped her wine.

"Liv-"

"I'm just wondering. You two haven't spoken since graduating. With him going to UCLA and you staying here with me." Olivia replied, as if her best friend didn't remember what had happened.

"Liv, I remember everything... it haunts me too. I miss him, but there is no reason for him to show up and see me. Especially since I'm sure he's married and has lots of beautiful kids with a model... or something." Alex sighed. She moved away from her friend and went to get a refill.

Alex waited at the bar for a moment before her glass was refilled, then she turned to see if she recognized anyone but Olivia.

Everyone had changed. All of her classmates were older, many had kids and partners. She and Olivia, on the other hand, were married to their jobs and only usually talked to each other.

"You look familiar." A deep voice spoke to Alex's left. She ignored it for a moment, before feeling him elbow her in the side.

"Can I help you?" She sighed, before having to look up at the man beside her. 

"You can confirm if you are Alexandra Cabot or not." He grinned.

"You should know who I am, since I used to suck your face a lot." Alex breathed, as her stomach filled with butterflies.

"I didn't know if you'd actually come tonight. I was worried that I scarred you after our fight." Trevor spoke. Alex shook her head before moving out of the way of a few people.

"You didn't scar me, Trev. Just really hurt me. Now, if you don't mind, my best friend is probably being awkward, and I need to save her."

"Olivia is currently talking to Marcus Edison."

"Fuck... of course he's here." Alex grumbled as she thought about Olivia's former boyfriend.

"C'mon. We can save her together. Just like old times."

///

Alex and Trevor sat down together after failing to get Olivia away from her ex. They didn't speak, because both of them were focusing on picking out people they knew and those that didn't look familiar at all.

"So, what are you doing now?" Trevor asked as he sat his beer down.

"I'm an ADA for Manhattan Sex Crimes. Liv and I work together." Alex replied quietly.

"You always wanted to be a lawyer... I'm glad you succeeded."

"I am too. What about you?" 

"I'm a lawyer too. I own a firm out in California where I'm raising my three kids."

"Three kids? Is your wife home with them?" Alex spoke weakly, as she got nervous again.

"My wife passed three years ago. She had complications after having our youngest, Joy, and didn't make it." Trevor spoke, his voice shaking as he got flashbacks of his wife's passing.

"Trev, I am so sorry. I wish we had been talking so I would have been able to offer you support." Alex frowned as her hand reached out and grabbed Trevor's. She gave it a squeeze as tears burned her eyes.

"Thanks, Alex. Your condolences mean a lot."

Silence settled over their small two person table for a while. Alex was thinking about the way her body felt when she touched his hand for the first time in twenty years, but also about how bad things must have been since Trevor lost his wife.

"Do you only have girls?" 

"No, Joy is our only girl. My only girl. Abby and I have two sons as well. Byron Isaiah and Oscar Luke. They have been such great brothers to Joy and have helped me through the hardest years of my life." Trevor spoke before unlocking his phone and showing family pictures to his ex.

Alex examined each picture closely and smiled as she saw two little boys that were the spitting image of Trevor.

"How long are you in town?" Alex asked, as she looked up into Trevor's tired eyes.

"Two more days. Why?"

"Would you like to have dinner tomorrow night? So we can catch up more?" Alex asked, and Trevor nodded.

"I'd love too."

///

The day that Trevor left Manhattan was the day the high school sweethearts decided to try their relationship again. It was something neither had anticipated, but after two dinners together and one passionate kiss, things seemed to get back to where they had been before.

"So?" Olivia asked, as she stood and watched as her friend came back into her apartment after seeing Trevor off.

"So what?" Alex asked. She seemed to be a little out of it, but it was because she was in such a happy state.

"Are you two back together? Or should I tell Marcus I'm not interested so we can spend our lives together? Maybe not as lesbians, but more like loving mothers to at least fifteen cats?" Olivia teased.

Alex sat beside her friend before smiling largely.

"I'm in love."

"Honey-"

"I never fell out of love with him, Liv. Never... and seeing him again really brought back those feelings in full force. He and I talked about me flying out to meet his kiddos. He said they'd love me, and that is what I want. I want them to love me, especially since I love their father." Alex spoke. She looked over at Olivia and saw a small smile on Olivia's lips.

"I hope you get your happily ever after with him, Alex."

"And maybe Marcus will be yours." Alex laughed before wrapping an arm around Olivia's shoulder and tugging her close.

Silence filled the apartment as Alex couldn't stop thinking about what life would be with her high school sweetheart and his three kids.

Here you go DescendantsLove8 ! I hope you enjoy!