Undercover Baby

A big thanks to _chatterbox_2003 and her amazing idea!

"No." She whispered, as she stood in the bathroom. Now was not the time, and she didn't think any time in the future would be good for this.

"Hey! Hurry up!" An angry woman yelled from outside the room. Olivia blinked a few times before quickly moving to wash her hands. Once she left the bathroom, she stumbled over to the window and sank down as tears welled in her eyes.

"You said that you needed to meet." A man spoke as he sank down beside Olivia. He pulled out a newspaper and read through it as Olivia messed around with her phone.

"I need out, Porter." Olivia breathed.

"Persephone, you aren't done yet. I think you are just a little homesick, and things will get better soon. Just finish your assignment, and you can be back home in no time." He whispered.

"You don't understand... I miss my kid... but I also found out something and I can't do this anymore."

"Did you find out something? I can run it and make an arrest." Dean Porter replied.

"I'm pregnant." Olivia whispered, without lifting her eyes from her phone. She didn't need to look at Dean, however, to know that he had tensed up. He knew what they had done, and now... everything was beyond messed up.

"Meet me in your room in twenty minutes. We really need to talk now."

///

Olivia paced her hotel room as she waited for Dean to show up. When he finally did, she rushed to the door and swung it open quickly.

"How the fuck did you end up pregnant?!" Dean demanded, as he raked his fingers through his hair.

"Why don't you tell me! It takes two people to make a baby, and you promised me that we used a condom! I haven't slept with anyone in months until you came around!" Olivia cried. She stepped forward and gave Dean a shove as tears poured down her cheeks.

"Hey, it's okay." Dean spoke awkwardly, as he pulled Olivia close and hugged her tightly.

"I'm way too deep into this fucking case. I haven't seen my son in weeks, and now this is just the cherry on top of everything. I want to go home, Dean. Now. Not later, but now. Before anything bad happens."

"I can't just pull you out. I'm sorry but-"

"No! If I got hurt and lost this kid, I'd find you and kill you. Trust me. I never thought this would happen, but I won't pass up the chance to give Calvin a sibling. So pull me out." Olivia growled as she pushed Dean away before moving over to her bed.

"I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise anything." Dean sighed.

"And what are we going to do? Because I sure as hell know that I don't want to spend the rest of my life with you. You are a jackass, and what we did together was a one-night thing."

"Yeah, I don't wanna be with you either. Let's just finish this case now and figure that kid out later."

///

Dean refused to let Olivia off the case, even though she was pregnant with his child. So Olivia tried her hardest to stay safe and finished her run as an undercover officer with her only problems having been a giant whack to the head and an arrest.

"So what is going to happen?" Olivia asked as she and Dean waited together for her bag. Once they walked away, Olivia was going home to her son while Dean went to do whatever he does.

"I'm going back to work and so are you."

"What about the baby?" Olivia asked nervously. Before she left Oregon, Dean did force her into confirming her pregnancy. So now Olivia was edging on eight weeks, and she was pretty certain already that Dean would never be around.

"Just raise it or give it up. I'm married to my job, and even if we have had some great times together... I really don't think we should be together. Or I should be around for the kid."

"Do you at least want to know when it's born? Or-"

"Liv, just grab your bag and go. If I want to come back around, I know where you work."

"No, Dean. You won't just be able to waltz back in when you are ready. So fuck off." Olivia huffed before grabbing her bag and quickly walking away from him.

Olivia didn't even try to look back, because this was all what she had expected. Dean was an ass when they met, and always will be.

"There she is!" Calvin exclaimed when he saw Olivia on the escalator.

Olivia looked around and spotted her son and Elliot in the crowd. Olivia wanted to push past everyone and just get to Calvin, but she had to stop herself. But as soon as she was back on solid ground, Olivia met her son halfway and wrapped her arms tightly around his body.

"Mom!" He cried, as he clung to her.

"Hey, baby. I have missed you so much." Olivia spoke softly as she gave Calvin a tight squeeze.

"Where did you go? You just left me-"

"Baby, I had a job to do. I tried to get out as fast as I could, but it just seemed to never end. I'm never taking a case like this again. I will never leave you again." Olivia breathed.

"You better not." Calvin replied, but he didn't seem angry. He was just so thankful that his mother was back home, and he didn't have to stay with the Stablers any longer.

///

"So, you were undercover?" Elliot asked as he drove Olivia and Calvin back to her apartment.

"Yeah." Olivia whispered.

"You can't tell me anything else, huh?"

"You know that I can't, El. Just know that I left everything behind and I'm just back to being Detective Benson."

"I'm glad, Liv. You are meant to be here. You are meant to take care of Calvin and be my partner."

"Was he good? I know that it was sudden, and you took care of him for weeks, but I had to leave fast. I didn't have any other choice, and I didn't want him in foster care." Olivia frowned as she glanced back at her sleeping son. Olivia had to put Calvin's adoption on hold, but she couldn't even tell the judge why it was happening.

"He was angry, and he was certain that you abandoned him. But then three days ago I got a call and was told that you were coming home and that I was supposed to pick you up. He really was on his best behavior the best three days because he knew his mom was coming back to him." Elliot smiled.

Olivia looked forward as tears burned her eyes. It wouldn't be long before she was a mom to two kids instead of just one. She was terrified of fucking both kids up.

"Why are you crying?" Elliot asked quickly as he glanced over at Olivia.

"Something happened while I was under and it has followed me back."

"Is someone following us? Liv, I can get us back to the station-"

"No, El. It's not like that... but you are going to be an uncle again..."

"What?" Elliot asked with wide eyes as they rolled into a traffic jam.

"I'm pregnant."