Won't Let Go

Elliot sat in his kids' bedroom as he got them laid down for bed. His daughters were hyper tonight and didn't really want to lay down and go to bed. Then with their excited voices filling the house, his sons also joined them in the girls' room.

"Your Momma is going to be angry with me when she gets home and all of you are still awake." Elliot sighed, as his youngest son, Dylan climbed onto his lap.

"We will be asleep before Momma gets home." The eldest of the Stabler children, Emma, spoke as she pulled her blankets off her body and climbed out of bed.

"What can I do to make sure you all go to sleep right now?" Elliot questioned.

"Tell us a story! Like Momma does!" Dylan squealed, as he looked up at his father. Elliot nodded slowly as he started to stand to grab a book, but then Lila shook her head.

"No, tell us a story from your head, Daddy."

"What do you want to hear about? Because I have a lot of stories." Elliot laughed. His kids went silent before Emma bounced a bit with excitement as she decided what story she wanted to hear.

"I want to hear a story about you and Momma! Any story you can possibly think of!" She exclaimed, and Elliot smiled softly as he thought about every story he could possibly tell his kids about him and his wife. He decided on something G rated and that is his favorite memory. It was the day he realized that he was going to marry Olivia.

///

10 Years Earlier

"My feet hurt so bad right now." Olivia laughed as she and Elliot walked into their apartment.

"I have never seen you dance as much as you have tonight," Elliot replied, as he shut the door behind him and his girlfriend, before locking it behind them.

"It's because we don't have to work tomorrow! So, go grab that bottle of red that we have been keeping in the cabinet. Pour me a glass while I go and get changed." Olivia exclaimed, and Elliot smiled as he watched her slip her heels off before quickly padding to their bedroom.

Elliot got into the cabinet and grabbed the bottle of red wine that they had been saving for the last few months, and then he grabbed a few glasses before heading out into the living room. He left it there before heading into the bedroom he shares with his girlfriend.

He started to change, but then stopped when he saw her leaving the bathroom after pulling her hair back.

"What?" She questioned, and Elliot smiled.

"You are stunning. Like beyond beautiful." Elliot spoke, and Olivia blushed before giving him a small nod.

"I love you, so much. Even if you make me blush and embarrass me on the daily." Olivia spoke, and Elliot smiled.

"I love you too. Now, let's try not to drink too much. I know we don't work tomorrow, but I really do not want to get drunk. Or have to deal with a hangover."

"Deal."

///

They both got wasted because even if they didn't want to finish the bottle of wine, they did. Olivia wasn't very good at holding down the wine and mixed drinks she had drank earlier, so she ended up getting sick. But Elliot stood there behind her and held her hair back until she was good.

"Thanks." She grumbled, as she took the washcloth from Elliot's hand and wiped her mouth off with it.

"Any time." He replied. She looked over her shoulder at him and was surprised that he wasn't laughing.

"Why aren't you laughing?" She questioned, and Elliot shrugged as he sank down onto the floor as she turned her body around to look at him.

"Maybe it's because you are in pain and not feeling good. That's why I'm not laughing." He replied. Olivia nodded slowly before looking at him.

"I had fun tonight even if I did just throw up." She breathed, and Elliot nodded his head in agreement.

"It was fun. I very much enjoyed dancing with you and drinking with you..." He trailed off as he started to yawn.

"Wanna go to bed?" Olivia asked, and Elliot nodded.

"Might as well... but if you need anything at all tonight, just tell me. I'll make sure you are taken care of."

///

Elliot recalled the night where he had so much fucking fun with Olivia. He enjoyed that memory so much, that he even talked about it in his vows. It was 3 years after it happened, but that night was still so important to him.

"That night, Olivia, that night made me want to marry you. It made me want to grow old and grey with you. We will probably get old without any grace at all, but that is just who we are... I have never met a woman who has made me feel so good and makes me feel like I'm unforgettable, makes me wonder why I thought life was good when life wasn't even close to good until I met you. Olivia, one day we will have kids. One day I will tell them about the night I knew I wanted to be your husband. The night that I decided that I never want to wake up without you by my side.  That there is no other woman in this world that I would like to share the rest of my life with. That I will never let go of what we have because you make me feel like I can do anything." Elliot spoke, as tears ran down his cheeks. 

Olivia stood in front of him and was crying like a baby. She hadn't known that the night she got super drunk and they danced for hours was the night he knew that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

"Now, I pronounce you husband and wife. Elliot, you can kiss your bride." The pastor spoke, and Elliot quickly stepped forward and kissed Olivia deeply as he dipped her. Those that had attended their wedding were cheering and clapping, but all Elliot and Olivia could think about were that they were finally starting their life together.

///

Present

"So you and Momma are soulmates?" Emma asked, as Elliot finally got his children to settle down. Dylan was sleeping in his arms, and the other boys were about to fall asleep where they sat on their sisters' beds.

"We are. It took us a while to realize, but it was so worth the wait." Elliot replied as he stood slowly before motioning for his other sons to follow them.

"It was worth the wait. Now, what are you all still doing up?" Olivia asked, from where she stood in the doorway of her daughters' room.

"Oh, hi, Momma." Lila giggled, and Olivia smiled.

"Hey, babies. Now, girls get in bed. And if you all sleep well tonight, I'll tell you the story of the time I fell in love with your Daddy." Olivia spoke, and the girls quickly sank down underneath their blankets while the boys followed their father from the room.

After putting the kids to bed, Olivia and Elliot went into their bedroom and Elliot laid down on the bed while Olivia changed.

"So, you couldn't just read Goodnight Moon to them or something?" Olivia questioned.

"No, because the kids wanted to hear something about us. And I think that story is the best one I have." Elliot replied.

"Oh, so your best story is when I was drunk?" She asked.

"One of the best G rated ones I have." He laughed.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D