Out of the Blue

Dania1987Dania this one is for you! I hope you and everyone else enjoys it! :)

He slipped through the crowded college bar and tried to find an empty table to sit with his date at. There wasn't a damn empty table, and when he turned to apologize to his date, he found her kissing one of the dumb frat boys that had been eyeing her all night.

"Need a place to sit?" A woman asked over the loud music. It was the type of music that made them feel the drum in their chests.

"Uh, yeah." He frowned before turning and sitting across from the brunette. They sat in silence for several long moments before he looked at her.

"Are you okay? You look sad." The girl frowned once the music had changed to something a little softer.

"My date is over there kissing another guy, so I'm not great at all." He grumbled.

"I'm sorry. As a college girl myself, we all suck." She laughed softly, before reaching her hand out to him.

He looked at it for a moment before shaking it.

"I'm Olivia Benson, criminal justice major." She grinned.

"Oh, uh, Dominick Carisi. I am going for my law degree."

"We may work with each other in the future." Olivia spoke, and Dominick nodded slowly.

"Or maybe I'll have to be your lawyer one day." Dominick said with a sly smile.

///

Olivia and Dominick spent a few hours at the bar just talking before they left together. They headed through the campus before stopping at a group of food trucks that were close to closing for the night.

Dominick and Olivia ordered some sandwiches from one truck before they walked over and sat on a dew covered picnic table.

"Okay, so who was your date, anyway?" Olivia asked.

"Her name is Tiffany Wilson. We have a few classes together and I had a crush on her. She acted like she had a crush on me too, but clearly she didn't."

"Tiffany Wilson has a long history of dating many guys at once. I went to high school with her, and she had lots of boys following her around like puppies." Olivia sighed.

"I guess it wasn't meant to be anyway... so what were you doing at the bar?" Dominick asked, deciding that changing the subject might allow for their night to go on for longer. Olivia looked down at the table before sighing and looking backing at Dominick.

"I was set up on a blind date. The guy never showed."

"Our love lives are barren and suck." Dominick laughed, and Olivia joined in on the laughing.

The laughing faded after a moment as both frowned.

"I should probably go back to my apartment... I really enjoyed talking to you tonight." Dominick spoke, as he quickly re-wrapped his sandwich before standing.

"Did I say something wrong?" Olivia asked nervously, and Dominick shook his head.

"No, you didn't. I haven't had this much fun in a while, but I feel like maybe if we don't end this soon, we may get bored."

"I really don't think I could get bored with you, Dominick. So maybe instead of going back to your apartment, you could sit your butt back down and continue this lovely evening with me." Olivia breathed. She never usually asked for a man to stay around, but when it came to this man she couldn't stop herself from asking. 

"Are you sure?" Dominick asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Certain."

///

What was expected to only be a one-time thing, turned into an almost nightly thing. Olivia and Dominick met up all over campus to study together or eat dinner. They talked about anything and everything that crossed their minds. 

Olivia discussed her choice to become a criminal justice major, and she even told Dominick about what little she knew about her mother's attack.

Dominick told Olivia about his family and all the sisters he had. They discussed his want to become a lawyer, especially since he knew that income would help pay off some of the debt his parents had accumulated over the years.

"I didn't realize that you liked baseball that much." Olivia smiled as she and Dominick left the stadium. This was the fourth day in a row they had spent time together, and Olivia was yet to get bored with Dominick. She actually was having some real feelings for him.

"We are New Yorkers, Liv. It's kinda in our blood, babe." Dominick laughed. 

He continued to walk, but stopped when he realized Olivia wasn't beside him. He turned around and moved back to where Olivia had froze mid-stride.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Did you call me babe?" Olivia breathed as she looked up at Dominick.

"Um, I think I did... It was like unconsciously."

"Are we an item? Or are we still just something really casual?" Olivia asked. Her face grew red, and she wanted to smack herself for asking something.

What she had seen regarding relationships and college boys wasn't great. A lot of them just wanted friends with benefits, but Olivia wasn't sure about this thing with Dominick. They had yet to do the benefits part, so this relationship was confusing.

"I am so sorry, Dom. I'm gonna... bye." Olivia rambled, before she turned and tried to run away.

Dominick ran after her. He looped his arm around her waist before spinning her around to face him.

"I have seen you almost every day for the last three months. When we aren't together, we are texting constantly or sitting on a phone call together. I have fallen incredibly hard for you, Olivia. I don't think that I could count the amount of times that I have stopped myself from kissing you or confessing my love to you. Please don't be embarrassed for asking those questions, because I have been asking myself the same ones." Dominick whispered, as he looked into Olivia's tear filled brown eyes.

"I love you." Olivia blurted out as the tears finally slipped down her cheeks.

"Really?" He asked, as a soft smile grew on his lips.

"Really, Dom. I never thought I'd ever say those words to a man, but you are completely different from everyone else. I love you, and it may be crazy to say that, but it's true."

"Then I guess we are both crazy, but I love you too." Dominick breathed, before he leaned down and kissed Olivia for the first time.