The Objection

Amanda stood in her uniform right next to Dominick. She was having a hard time paying attention to what the priest said to Dominick and his bride, Taylor.

"I, Dominick Carisi, promise to love you through everything. To make sure that you never feel unloved or unwanted, and I promise that I will not be an ass to you." Dominick spoke, but his vows were interrupted by laughter. Amanda looked around because she hadn't heard what he had said, but clearly, it had been funny.

"I promise to take care of you and to make you know that you are beautiful every single day of our lives together. Taylor... you are the one for me... it took me a while to figure that out but I know now. I know that you are the only one that I want to spend my life with. To have children with. To grow old-"

"I can't," Amanda whispered, and Dominick continued to speak, but she couldn't do this any longer.

"Don't do this!" Amanda exclaimed, and everyone went silent or gasped. Amanda grabbed Dominick by his arm and turned him around to look at her. Dominick looked at Amanda with tear filled eyes.

"What are you doing, Mandy? This is my-"

"Marry me instead... Dom, you know that you love me and I love you. Please don't do this. Don't marry Taylor because you will regret it." Amanda breathed. Dominick's eyes went wide and he shook his head.

"I love her, Amanda. I don't and never will love you." Dominick spoke, and Olivia felt her face grow hot and red. She nodded slowly, before quickly running down the stairs and then down the aisle. She heard Olivia's fast steps behind her, but Amanda didn't stop. She had to get away. She just had too.

///

Dominick and Taylor got married, even though there had been a small hiccup. But after the ceremony was done, Taylor pulled Dominick to the side and eyed him as he ran his hand over the back of his neck.

"What the hell was that?" Taylor huffed, and her husband frowned.

"Amanda and I have had a thing for a while... but I stopped it once I met you. I swear."

"How long, Dom?" Taylor hissed.

"3 years. We've kissed a few times and slept together once. I was helping her with Jesse and we just-"

"What about Jameson? Is he your son?" Taylor asked, and Dominick shrugged.

"I have no idea. Come on, don't worry about that." Dominick replied, but Taylor was angry. She shoved her bouquet into Dominick's hands before running off in her wedding dress. Dominick was so confused but he was mostly angry.

Amanda just had to ruin the thing that made him happy, just because she finally decided that she wanted him.

///

"You are faster than I thought you were," Olivia spoke, as she sank down onto the stool beside Amanda. Amanda shrugged as she took another drink from her wine glass. In front of her sat nearly 5 shot glasses and Olivia knew that Amanda was truly in pain.

"Wanna talk?" Olivia asked, and Amanda shook her head.

"No. I don't. Liv, you should go back to the wedding. You are saying a speech." Amanda replied.

"You love him. I can tell. You didn't just tell him that because you were angry. You told him that because it's true."

"Dominick is Jameson's father... I got the results back this morning." Amanda breathed, and Olivia frowned as she reached over and pulled the glass from Amanda's hands.

"Does he know?" Olivia breathed, as she grabbed Amanda's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"I was hoping he'd pick me then I could tell him that he has a son. But instead, he is married and will never know about his son." Amanda sighed. Olivia was going to respond, but then her phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled it out and squinted a bit to read before sighing.

"Fin said that Dominick and Taylor didn't show up at the reception. Maybe they aren't as happy as you think they are." Olivia sighed softly.

"He'll never want me, not after what I did. I'm going to just take the kids and go to Atlanta. I'm sorry, Liv." Amanda frowned.

"Don't apologize. I'll find another detective, a temporary one until you are ready to come back."

"I'm never going to be able to come back. Especially since I'm a whore and a homewrecker. I'll keep in contact with you, but I can't promise anything."

"Wanna leave tonight?" Olivia asked, and Amanda nodded.

"Yeah. Can you ship the rest of our stuff to us? I can't take a ton of baby stuff and all of Jesse's toys on a plane."

"I can do that. Let's get going."

///

Dominick knew that he and Taylor were done. Everything they planned for the wedding was enjoyed by their guests but they didn't get to enjoy it. Dominick wanted to know why Amanda did what she did, so he drove to her apartment and was getting out of his car as Olivia carried a suitcase down to Amanda's car.

"Liv? What's happening?" Dominick asked.

"Amanda is leaving. She's taking the kids and going away." Olivia replied, and Dominick looked up and saw Jesse standing and looking out the window at them. Dominick smiled softly at the small girl and waved at her. Jesse waved back, but he could see that she was sad.

"Are they just going somewhere for the weekend?" Dominick asked, but Olivia shook her head.

"She's leaving for good. She feels horrible for what she did. But I think it would be wise to go see your wife. Try and get her to forgive you."

"Yeah, we aren't going to be married for long..." Dominick sighed. The front door opened, and Olivia and Dominick looked over to the door. Amanda stood there with a baby on her hip and Jesse standing beside her. 

"What are you doing here?" Amanda breathed.

"Taylor and I are done because of you. I wanna know if it was worth it." Dominick spoke, and Amanda quickly passed Jameson to Olivia before stepping forward and kissing Dominick deeply. His eyes went wide, but he closed them and snaked his arms around her body.

"Jamie is your son, and I wanted to tell you earlier but you didn't pick me." 

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D