Mistakes: Part Two

For two years Olivia had wanted to start a family with Elliot. But then she had to find out she was pregnant after she and Elliot got divorced. She didn't know if Elliot would want anything to do with the baby, and that kinda scared her. She knew that she was strong and had so many friends around her to help, but it still freaked her out knowing that her baby may not have a father because he picked Abbie over her many, many months ago.

"How are you doing, Olivia?" Dr. Leigh asked, as she came into the exam room that Olivia had been waiting in.

"I've been better." Olivia whispered.

"How are you feeling? Still having morning sickness and a little bit of cramping?" The doctor asked, and Olivia nodded slowly.

"Yes, ma'am."

"We will try to detect the baby's heartbeat to day. If we can find it, then hopefully everything will continue to move forward and you will have a healthy pregnancy." Dr. Leigh smiled.

Olivia had her normal tests ran before she laid back and rolled her shirt up. She had started to show a little bit, and that made her nervous. She was getting used to being pregnant, and she didn't want to lose her child.

"Do you hear that, Olivia?" Dr. Leigh questioned, as she held the wand to Olivia's stomach.

"Huh?" Olivia questioned quietly.

"That thumping... let me turn the sound up a bit." 

Once the sound was turned up, Olivia started to sob as she heard her baby's heartbeat for the first time. Her child was alive and growing, and that's all she wanted. She wanted a healthy baby to love and take care of, because she didn't have Elliot anymore.

///

Olivia left her appointment and headed back to the apartment she was sharing with Alex. As soon as the door opened, Alex was standing there and waiting to hear about Olivia's appointment. She was invested in her friend's pregnancy, and couldn't wait to be an aunt to Olivia's little one.

"So, how did it go?" Alex asked, and Olivia smiled tiredly as she shut the door.

"The baby has a strong heartbeat... everything is looking good." 

"Oh, thank god. Were you crying?" Alex asked, as she noticed some mascara under Olivia's eyes.

"I was... but it was because I was so excited to hear my baby's heartbeat. Alex, this is what I have wanted for as far back as I can remember. I've always wanted to be a mother, and now I get to be... I just wish that I was going through this experience with Elliot." Olivia sighed. She tossed her keys into the bowl by the door before walking over to the sofa and sinking down.

"He doesn't deserve to love this baby. After what he did to you... he can be with Abbie and do what he wants with her. He shouldn't even have rights to this kid after leaving you and taking everything from you." Alex spoke. Olivia nodded slowly before frowning deeply.

"Do you want to be my baby's father?" Olivia grinned, and Alex chuckled as she wrapped her arm around Olivia's shoulder and tugged her close.

"It will be my honor to be your child's father." Alex smiled. They embraced for a moment before Alex's phone rang.

"I'm assuming that is Cragen saying that you guys have a case. You should probably go grab your gun."

///

Over the next few months, everyone looked out for Olivia and the baby. Olivia was put on desk duty, but the crew included her in everything still. She was allowed to interrogate suspects and she made runs to the ME's office. And as Olivia grew more and more used to being a desk warmer, she got more and more used to being pregnant and actually enjoying it. She liked feeling a few small flutters from her baby, and she liked noticing as the flutters turned into kicks and punches.

"You really didn't have to come with me, Alex. They are just going to see if the baby is a boy or girl and then send me on my way." Olivia spoke, as she looked at her best friend.

"Hey, this is my niece or nephew we are talking about. I want to be here today and I will be there to hold your hand when the baby is born." Alex smiled. Olivia fought off tears as she looked back down at her magazine. 

"Oh shit." Alex spoke after several moments of silence. Olivia looked over at her friend and sighed softly as she looked at her.

"What?"

"Uh, don't look over at the sign in desk..."

"Why not?" Olivia asked, as she went to turn her head, but Alex smacked her arm and stopped her.

"Don't. Why would you look after I told you not to?" Alex grumbled.

"Why can't I look?" Olivia sighed.

"Because Elliot and Abbie are here." Alex whispered. Olivia's eyes went wide as she quickly shoved her hands in her sweatshirt to hopefully prevent Elliot from noticing how big Olivia's stomach had gotten.

"He doesn't need my baby... he's getting one of us own with Abbie." Olivia frowned, as she looked down.

"Liv, I hate to say this... but she looks just as big as you."

"So we probably got pregnant on the same day knowing how much of a man whore Elliot is." Olivia frowned.

"Olivia Benson?" A nurse asked, and Olivia stood quickly and she glanced over to look at Elliot. He didn't even take his eyes off of Abbie, and Olivia was thankful for that. 

He didn't deserve to know that he'd be a father of two in twenty weeks.

///

Alex went to get the car from the parking tower, and Olivia waited outside of her doctor's office as she looked at the sonogram picture showing off the fact she was going to have a son.

"Olivia." Elliot spoke, and Olivia felt sick to her stomach as soon as she heard Elliot's voice.

"I don't want you this close to me. Please step back." Olivia spoke, as she tucked the sonogram picture into her purse.

"Are you pregnant?" Elliot asked quietly.

"Does it matter to you? You don't want anything to do with me, and you made that clear when you kicked me out of the house we bought together." Olivia sighed.

"Are you or not?" Elliot growled, and Olivia turned around and smiled at him.

"I'm happy, Elliot. I'm happy without being with you and I know that you hate that. So yes, I'm pregnant. And I saw that your... whatever the fuck she is... is pregnant too. So just forget about me and this baby and focus on the other one. We all know that you'd never be able to love this baby as much as you will love the baby Abbie is currently carrying."